Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 16

“Good concert guys,” I yelled over the crowd to the three extremely hyped up boys. All of a sudden, I was over Joe’s sweaty shoulder, flying down hallways only seeing where we’ve been. “Joe! Put me down!” I yelled pounding on his back with my fists.

“What? I can’t hear you.” Joe said, ignoring my pleas to be released.

I glanced up and saw Nick and Kevin running closely behind us. “Help me!” I pleased.

Kevin shook his head laughing, “Joe, where are you going?” He asked, slightly panting.

Joe opened the door to their dressing room and threw me onto the couch. “Right here,” he answered smirking.

“Dude, what the hell was that for?” I asked, glaring up at him.

“That was for sitting during our entire set.” Joe answered, pouncing on the couch next to me.

“I wasn’t aware that standing was a rule. Last time I checked we lived in a free country.”

“Last time I checked, you were at a concert and you stand and enjoy yourself at concerts.”

“I was enjoying myself.” I answered, standing up just as Nick and Kevin walked into the room. “Where the hell were you two? You were like five steps behind us.” I said, eyeing them.

“Once we saw Joe open the door we stopped running. I’m wiped out.” Nick answered.

I grunted under my breath and slapped Joe in the arm.

“Ow! What was that for?” He asked, eyes wide.

“That was for lifting me and running away.” I spat and walked over to Kevin and Nick. “And this,” I said, hitting Kevin in the arm. “Is for letting it happen.” I finished, going for Nick’s arm.

Before I could, his hand grabbed my wrist. “Woah, is hitting us really necessary?” He asked.

“Hm, let me thing about that.” I said scornfully. I used my free hand to swat him in the shoulder. “Yes.” I answered,, thrashing out of his grip and walked out of the room to my bus.

Slamming the metal door, I collapsed on the ‘couch’ in the front room with a sigh. I couldn’t believe I just hit them – all of them. I don’t think rationally when something upsets me or when I’m confused, and this time I was both. My sudden ‘revelation’ during the concert threw my entire mind onto a rollercoaster and it still hasn’t gotten off. I sat in silence, trying to get my mind off it and just relax.

Pounding on the door broke my out of my meditation. I tried to ignore it, home it would go away. But it didn’t, if anything it became more persistent. “Ugh,” I yelled in frustration and got up from the couch. “What!?” I asked the person at the door as I threw it open.

“What the hell was that?” Joe asked, barging into my bus.

“Please, come on in.” I said sarcastically, shutting the door.

“Oh drop the act Morgan,” Joe said to me, aggravated.

“What act? I’m not putting on anything Joseph.” I spat, sitting back in my original position before my unwelcomed guest came barging in.

He stood in front of me, his eyes boring into my own. “Please, like you’re actually this pissed off about me picked you up. What’s actually the matter?” He asked, his tone less scornful and more concerned.

“Nothing is the matter. I just don’t like being picked up without my permission.”

“Seriously?” He asked, knowing that wasn’t entirely true. When I didn’t respond, Joe sat next to me and sighed. “Morgan, you can tell me what is really bothering you.”

“I know that,” I said, turning my head towards him.

“Then why aren’t you?” He asked, his eyes searching mine. “I know you, and I don’t think you’re the kind of person to get this mad off of something so small.”

“How do you figure that?” I asked. “You’ve only known me for a month.”

“I know that you’re a tough, strong girl who has a passion for music. I know that you’re caring and sweet and loves to answer questions exactly as asked. I know you’re a funny, sarcastic girl who doesn’t put up with my bullshit but knows I’m just having a good time. And I’ve done a lot worse stuff around you than what just happened. So, yeah, I’m pretty sure you don’t get upset over it.”

“You don’t know anything,” I said softly. I stood and ran a hand through my hair. “You don’t know what I’m like in the real world. You don’t know what I was like. You don’t know what I’ve been through. So, no, I don’t think you’d know how I’d react to certain situations.”

Joe watched me carefully as I spoke and stood when I was finished. “Then let me know.” He said, stepping closer to me, our bodies completely parallel to each other. “Let me get to know you Morgan. I want to know everything about you.”

“No you don’t,” I said, looking down at my feet. “No one does.”

“That’s a lie; a lot of people do.” He said, stepping even closer to me. “You just don’t let anyone get close enough to find out.”

Before I could answer, the bus suddenly lurched forward as it started to move, sending me tumbling forward into Joe’s arms. He caught me carefully, his arms wrapping around my torso, my head just barely resting on his chest.

I pulled away slightly, looking up into his eyes. They were looking straight into mine before dancing around my face. One of his hand unwrapped from around me and he caressed my cheek gently in his grasp.

The next thing I knew, his lips were on mine. They were so soft and passionate, but there wasn’t anything there.

This wasn’t what I was thinking about; feeling at the concert. Not about Joe anyway…
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy poop it's been FOREVER since I updated. I'm so sorry guys really. Thank you for sticking with me through this. You're all awesome :D

Poop's going dowwnnnnn :P
Love you guys.

COMMENT/ SUBSCRIBE

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =]