Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 17

“You and Joe what!?” Kevin asked his eyes wide in shock.

“We kissed, and keep it down; I don’t want either of them running out here.” I said to him. We were in the hallway outside their dressing room. Joe and Nick were playing some video game, and I needed to talk to someone. I told Jenn last night, but she doesn’t have the same insight into Joe and Nick like Kevin does. This was the only time I could talk to him and I didn’t want him to ruin it with his big mouth.

“Sorry,” He said, lowering his voice. “So, let me get this straight, you and Joe kissed but you like –”

“Yes,” I said before he could finish the sentence.

“Did you tell Joe this little fact?”

I glanced down at my feet. “No.” I admitted. “But I pulled away as quickly as I could.” I added once I saw Kevin’s disapproving look out of the corner of my eye.

“That doesn’t excuse the fact that you didn’t tell him. Morgan, you have to.”

“How do you suggest I do that?” Hm Kevin? Because, ‘oh Joe, our kiss yesterday meant nothing to me because I like your brother’ isn’t really a fantastic thing to hear.” I spat at him.

“Well, you could say it more nicely than that.” He told me calmly.

I sighed, “But that’s what he’ll hear and you know it Kev.”

“I know, but there’s no other option. Why don’t you ask one of your friends for a female point of view?”

“I did, I called Jenn but she was no help.” I told him, excluding the fact that she basically said the same thing.

“Why don’t you ask Demi? She’d really help here.”

“Umm… no. This would be an awkward conversation for any ex-girlfriend, still friends or not.” I said. I did a little research about everyone on tour before it started so I didn’t feel completely left out. “Kevin, what should I do?”

He sighed, “I already told you what you should do. Now, it’s just your turn to actually do it.” He said and turned to walk back into the dressing room.

I sighed in aggravation and followed him, plopping onto the couch behind Joe and Nick who were still playing Guitar Hero.

“Hey, where have you two been?” Nick asked, tearing his eyes away from the game to look at me before quickly looking back.

“We were gone for five minutes.” Kevin answered, knowing I was going to stay quiet. “And if you have to know, we were talking.”

“About what?” Joe asked, his voice rising in interest.

“Now, if we wanted you to know we would’ve talked in here.”

“Touché big bro, touché.” Joe replied, still concentrating on the game.

I stayed quite during the entire exchange and stared blankly at the moving notes on the screen; my mind not registering anything. My phone vibrated in my pocked once, signaling I had a text. Sighing, I pulled my phone out and read it:
hey, im bored. where r u today???

It was Jenn. I texted back quickly and left my phone out, knowing she wasn’t going to stop.

Somewhere in Indiana.

wow, sounds fun… did u tell him yet???

No, and I’m not going to. I told you that already.

why the hell not! u owe it to him to

Because it’s not going to happen again! Nothing’s going to happen between either of them. So stop asking.

Jenn didn’t reply to my last text. I sighed in content and sunk further into the couch.

‘Cause Jersey just got colder and
I’ll have you know I’m scared to death


She just doesn’t give up, I thought to myself as I answered my phone. “Yel-”

“Just because your dad left you, doesn’t mean every guy you meet will too.” Jenn said before I could finish my greeting.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.’ I said quietly, knowing Kevin, Joe, and Nick were all secretly listening. I would get up and leave, but that would be too obvious and they would know something was up. I didn’t want to be bothered, especially by Nick.

“I know you have abandonment issues, Mo.”

“Um, I’m pretty sure I have a good reason to.” I said through gritted teeth. Thank God they could hear only one side of the conversation, I thought, or else everything would have to come out.

“I know you do. But you have to give people a chance, they aren’t all assholes.”

“I know that and I do, Jenn. You know that.”

“No you don’t and you know it!” Jenn yelled at me. “Remember Jason, hm? You turned him down when he asked you out, even though you had the largest crush on him. You didn’t give him a chance.

“You’re afraid of letting people, especially guys, get close to you. And I know and understand why. But from what you’ve told me, those Jonases have been able to get things out of you that no one knows –Nick especially. So just ignore the things in your head that are telling you to stay away, and listen to your heart.

“I’m not saying that you should go to Vegas and get married to the kid, but let him see you. You’ll be glad you did.”

I sighed shakily and closed my eyes, trying to keep the tears away. “Sometimes I can’t believe you’re only fifteen.” I said, laughing slightly.

Jenn laughed too, “Yeah, most people do. But seriously Mo, you have to tell Joe.”

I sighed and rubbed a hand over my face, “I know, but I don’t know if I can.”

“I’m not saying you have to do it right now. But I suggest soon, before anything else happens.”

“I know, I know.” I looked up and saw three pairs of eyes looking directly at me. “Jenn, I gotta go. They’re all listening.” I whispered.

“Alright, just remember what I said.” She said before hanging up.

“Um, nosey much?” I asked, glancing between each brother as I pushed my phone back into my pocket.

“We just wanted to make sure that you were okay.” Nick said, watching my carefully. “You looked like you were going to cry for a second there.”

“Nope, I’m all good.” I said, forcing a smile onto my face.

“I don’t believe you,” Joe said, eyeing me just as carefully as Nick was.

“Well, it’s the truth,” I said as I got up and picked up one of the plastic guitars that was on the floor. “Now, who’s going to play me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, things are actually happening now :)
And you learn a little more about Morgan... what do you think? What do you think about her situation with Joe/Nick? What's she gonna do?
Big choices ahead and some that you may not like ;)

Comment/Subscribe

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =]