Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 28

For the next few days, Nick and I tried to keep our relationship under the radar. We tried not to draw attention to the increase of time we spent together (or the fact that we tended to ‘disappear’ at the same time). So far, no one has figured out what has grown between Nick and I; if they did, they haven’t said anything about it.

But relations between Joe and I have not gotten any better. If we are in the same room, we’re either fighting or ignoring each other completely. We would fight about anything and everything. But, it always ended in a screaming battle about the break-up.

But this time… this was different.

“What is this!?” Joe yelled, charging into the green room of the venue, throwing a magazine at me.

I sat up from my lounging position and flipped through the magazine, “What are you talking about?” I asked.

He huffed, ripped the magazine out of my hands, and violently started flipping through the pages. Quickly, I sent a worried glance to Nick who was as interested in whatever Joe found as I was. Joe shoved the magazine back at me. “This.” He hissed.

As I read the title that covered most of the spread, I subtly sighed in relief.

TROUBLE ON TOUR?
Joe Jonas and his ex-girlfriend Morgan Fields seem to be having a rocky relationship lately. From arguments in public and in private, those close to them aren’t surprised by the break-up.

When It Started
“It started once Joe brought up the subject of going public; he wanted to, she didn’t.” A source close to the two says. “He kept badgering her and she didn’t want any part of it.” From then on, the two were treading water lightly; they each wanted something different and neither could come up with an alternative solution.

When It Ended
According to our source, the relationship ended only a few short weeks after it began. “It ended about two weeks after the started dating. She broke it off, but it was still a mutual agreement between the two.”
But the break-up was far from perfect. “Each of them said things that were hurtful and cannot be taken back.” The source told us. This has left the relationship between Joe and Morgan strained even further.


Did Another Brother Break It Apart?
Morgan is friends with all three of the brothers (she’s even on tour with them!). But she and Nick have a special relationship. “[Morgan and Nick] are really close with one another. They challenge each other to be better [musicians] and love to hang out with each other. They are like each other’s best friends.” Our source said to us. Could have their close relationship affect Joe’s and Morgan’s? “Possibly, Joe was jealous of what they had together.”

Around the article were pictures of Joe and I outside of venues and one of Nick and I hugging. On the bottom corner of the page was a poll:

Who do you prefer?
Moe: 33%
Mick: 67%


“Do what do you have to say for yourself?” Joe asked after I threw the magazine to Nick and Kevin across the room.

I looked at Joe like he was crazy, “Me? I didn’t do anything!”

“Yeah right. Then who is this ‘source’ who knows almost everything about our relationship?”

“How would I know? There are other people on this tour besides me that knows what happened! Besides, I didn’t want to tell the world that we were dating! Why would I tell them we broke up? Use some logic Joseph.”

“I am! I asked everyone else and none of them told. The only people left are you and my brothers, and my brothers wouldn’t do that to me. So the only logical explanation is that you told!”

I stood so I could get right in his face. “Let me make this clear to you. I fainted when I was in front of 50,000 people, I try to stay out of the news, and I wanted to keep our relationship private. I. Didn’t. Tell. Them.”

Joe rolled his eyes, “And let me make this clear. I. Don’t. Believe. You.”

“OhmyGod, you’re such a dipshit!” I yelled at him.

“At least I’m not a lying bitch.” He spat back, smirking.

“I slapped you once; don’t make me do it again.” I said through gritted teeth.

He laughed, “You wouldn’t.”

“Okay!” Nick and Kevin said quickly, jumping up as they saw my arm rise.

“Let’s not hit him before a concert.” Nick said, grabbing my wrist. “We don’t want those rumors flying around too.”

“Nick’s right,” Kevin said, grabbing Joe’s shoulder. “Come on; let’s go cool you down somewhere.” Kevin suggested, pushing Joe out of the room.

I sighed violently, “Are you sure he’s your brother? You two cannot possibly share the same DNA. He’s so… ugh!”

Nick laughed and pulled me back to the couch. “Yeah, I’m pretty sure we do.”

I shook my head, “No, that’s impossible. You’re too sensible and nice.”

He laughed again and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. “Is that necessarily a bad thing?” He asked.

I looked at him and smiled. “No, I’m just saying that you two are so different, it’s almost impossible to think you two share the same chromosomes.”

“Well we do, and you just have to give Joe a little time. He’ll get over himself eventually.”

I sighed, “I know, it’s just getting really hard…” I shook my head. “New subject, you see your little should out in the article?” I asked laughing.

He laughed too, “Yeah, I did.” He said, pulling my legs over his lap so I was sitting on his lap completely. “I like how they think I stole you from Joe.” He said huskily.

I laughed as I wrapped my arms around his neck. “It didn’t say that. They just think you came between us.”

“Well did I?”

I smirked, “You did even before there was a ‘Moe’.”

Nick smiled, “Good.” He whispered and kissed me quickly. “You know another think I liked in that article?” He asked, leaning his forehead against mine.

“What?” I asked.

“That 67% of people like ‘Mick’ better than ‘Moe’.”

“Who came up with those mash-ups? They’re both actual guy names.”

“Well let’s see… the other options are ‘Nirgan’, ‘Norgan’, or ‘Mock’. They’re all pretty bad. So, I’m good with ‘Mick’.”

“Good point… ‘Mick’ will work.”

He laughed, “It better, there are no other options.”

“Well I should go.” I said, pulling my forehead off his.

“Go? You’re not staying for the concert tonight?” Nick asked, sadness filling his features.

I stroked his cheek, “I don’t think it’s such a good idea tonight. I’d rather stay out of sight for a little.”

He sighed, “Alright.”

“You’ll be great.” I encouraged him. “Like always.” I added, leaning forward to capture his lips with mine.

I was about to pull back, but Nick’s hand cupped my cheek, not letting me move (not that I really wanted to). I wrapped my arms back around Nick’s neck and began to play with the hairs on the back of his neck. He deepened the kiss by parting my lips and sucking on my bottom lip gently.

He pulled away slightly, our noses brushing. “You should go,” He said, his voice hoarse.

“Do I have to?” I whined, but knew the answer. I sighed, but unwrapped myself from him. “See you later.” I said, kissing him once more. “Good luck.” And with that, I walked out of the room, trying to suppress my urge to turn around and jump him.

I reached my bus fairly unscathed, a few screaming girls here and there, but it was relatively quiet by the parking lot. Most of the fans were already in the venue at this point and I could already hear the screams.

Once I got inside, I changed into a pair of sweatpants and an old Mets t-shirt. I picked up my copy of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë and plugged my iPod into its dock, collapsing onto the couch in the front of the bus. It was going to be a long night.

By the time it was time to leave for the next venue, I was dancing around my bus, belting out the words as my iPod played,

Sometimes life ain’t best if left in the memory
It’s better kept inside than left for good
Lookin’ back each time they tried to tell me
Well something’s gotta go wrong
‘Cause I’m feeling way too damn good


A loud knock on my bus door broke me from my singing trance. I sighed and walked over, pushing the door open. Nick was there, his head down and carrying a duffle bag. “What’s wrong?” I asked worried.

Nick looked up, his eyes wide. “He knows.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Song: Feelin' Way to Damn Good - Nickelback

Uhoh.
Thoughts?

Comment/Subscribe

Peace.Love.Write. -Jill =]