Status: Completed - Go check out the sequel :)

Save the Day

Chapter 32

The rest of the impromptu trip to Disney was fun, but nothing compared to that day in Epcot. Yeah, the rides and sights were great, but the constant stream of attention and screaming girls always seemed to split my happiness every once in a while.

“Did you enjoy your time at Disney?” My uncle asked me. We were in the venue, eating dinner, even though it was four in the afternoon, with everyone.

“Yeah, it was amazing.” I replied, sneaking a quick glance at Nick. More than you’ll ever know, I thought.

“Well, that’s good, because I had a question about this.” He said his voice stern. Uncle John pulled pieces of paper out of his pocket, and placed them on the table in front of me. “Explain. Now.”

MYSTERY BRUNETTE… NOW MYSTERY RED HEAD!?
Over the past few months, we have watched Morgan Fields enter Hollywood and the Jonas Brother’s hearts. First, it was Joe Jonas (unconfirmed, but come on, we all know something happened) and now Nick Jonas!?
The picture above (and many others if you click here) proves that the youngest JoBro has a new piece of arm candy… even though it doesn’t seem like it. The two love birds here may just seem like two regular teenagers on a date. BUT, the credible source that gave us these pictures says otherwise. “Nick and Morgan bought those two wigs awhile ago to escape paparazzi once, I guess they thought it would work a second time.” I guess the second time is not a charm.
I’m going to ignore the strange interesting choices in wigs and will just take these pictures of Nick and Morgan as unspoken confirmation… Mick is ON!!!


“How’d they get these pictures?” I mumbled, flipping through the five pages – four of pictures, and one of the article from Perez Hilton.

“Forget about the pictures!” My uncle yelled, fuming. All heads turned towards us. “Explain to me why you snuck out and completely disregarded all of the rules we set forth to visit Epcot!”

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nick’s eyes widen. He took the trembling pieces of paper out of my hand as I tried to stutter out my response. “W-we didn’t want t-to be hassled. We wanted p-privacy.”

Mrs. Jonas quickly ripped the pages out of Nick’s hands and skimmed the article, shock filled her face. “Nicholas, how dare you disobey us!”

“Like Morgan said, we wanted privacy and having Big Rob follow us everywhere we went wouldn’t have given us that.” Nick replied. “With the wigs, no one noticed us and I was able to do things like a human being for once.”

“We would’ve told you,” I said glancing between the furious Uncle John and the Jonases. “But none of you would’ve gone along with it.”

“Of course we wouldn’t have! It was stupid and dangerous! One of you could’ve gotten seriously injured if something were to happen. And since when were you two dating!?” My uncle asked, understanding the last sentence of the article and the four pictures of us holding hands.

“About three weeks,” I replied in a small voice, my head down.

“Three weeks!” Mr. Jonas’ voice boomed over everyone. “You two have been seeing each other for three weeks and neglected to tell us. We let you two stay on the same bus – for weeks! How dare you take advantage of our trust!”

“I swear Dad, we didn’t do anything.” Nick pleaded with his father.

“We’ll discuss this later, on our bus. For now, you are forbidden to go on her bus.” Mr. Jonas said, his jaw clenched.

“And you’re going back to the bus. Now.” Uncle John ordered. I couldn’t do anything but comply.

“I’m sorry Uncle John.” I whimpered as we walked into the parking lot after hallways of silence. “We didn’t want you to find out this way. We were going to tell you.”

“When!?” exclaimed Uncle John. “When were you going to tell me Morgan? Because you should’ve told me when it happened, not three weeks later.” He sighed as he opened the metal door to the bus, “We’ll talk about this later.” He told me and slammed the door as soon as I was inside.

I took a deep breath and shook away the onset of tears; crying would do nothing to improve the situation now. I collapsed onto my bunk and turned on the small TV that hung from the ceiling.

“– and Nick Jonas and Morgan Fields making rounds in wigs? All that and more on tonight’s episode.” The commercial for Extra! screamed at me.

“Well, I know what I won’t be watching.” I mumbled to myself as I flipped through channels. I settled on the Food Network, but didn’t really watch the show. I just stared blankly at the flashing lights on the screen.

That plan was fool proof, I thought to myself. There was no way that someone recognized us. So how did it spread around Hollywood and the freaking world at this point? Someone had to have known that we were there, but who…

My mind flipped and turned all night. I tried to concentrate on other things – books, music, I even tried to fall asleep – but my mind just wouldn’t stop. No one knew exactly where we were going, not even Demi, so how were those pictures taken?

Uncle John didn’t return to my bus that night.

It wasn’t until the next afternoon when someone came banging on the metal door. It was Uncle John, but he wasn’t here to punish me, he just, monotonically, asked if I needed anything from Wal-Mart. He shut the door in my face after I told him what I needed.

I felt horrible. I felt like I did when I was seven years old. I wasn’t the person Uncle John expected me to be. History was going to repeat itself, again.

I crawled onto the couch in the front room, pulled my feet in front of me, wrapped my arms around my knees, and placed my head behind my legs. I stayed like that for hours, until another knock came to my door. I didn’t answer; I just stayed in my cocoon on the couch, closing myself off from the world. I heard the door open and plastic bags rustling. It had to be Uncle John.

“Morgan, that can’t be comfortable.” Uncle John said with an air of humor in his voice. I didn’t answer, but I pulled my face out from behind my legs and placed my chin on my knees.

He sighed at my silence and stood across from me, leaning against the ‘kitchen’ counter. “Why did you sneak off to go to Epcot?” He asked calmly.

“We wanted to be left alone.” I whispered, refusing to look at him as I spoke.

“But Morgan, you could have gotten hurt. What would you do if something happened to you or Nick? I would have no idea where you were.”

“But we didn’t.”

“But you could have.”

“But we didn’t,” I repeated, a little louder. “So I don’t see what the big deal is.”

“The big deal is that you disobeyed me. I gave you my trust and you took advantage of it.” He sighed and rubbed his face with his palm. “I was thinking of sending you home, but there’s only a week left of touring. So, you’re going to stay on the bus – no venues, no concerts. Since your phone broke, I don’t have to take it away. No one is going to visit but me and don’t try to video chat Nick – remember I life o his bus. You’re grounded.”

I stared blankly at the floor listening to Uncle John dole out my punishment cringing inside.

He pushed himself off the counter and stood straight. Clearing his throat he said, “I’ll come back later with dinner.”

“Wait,” I said seconds before Uncle John left. He turned towards me and waited as I unfolded my legs, stretching them slightly. “Don’t let the Jonases punish Nick, it was my idea to go. The only reason why he went was because he didn’t want me to go alone.” I told him.

Uncle John nodded once and left. The only thing left was silence and I wrapped myself in my cocoon once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
:'(
As soon as something good happens, the world comes to bit Morgan in the ass (if you pardon my language).

And, to add more sadness to this chapter, this is the next to last! Eek.
HOWEVER, I do have a sequel planned and already started! :) I just want to know how many of my lovely readers will/want to read it. If not, I'll just re-work this ending (though, I really like where my other story is going).

Let me know!
Comment/Subscribe

Peace.Love.Write. - Jill =]