Status: NEW!

Tearing Love Apart

Chapter One.

Nothing like your 21st birthday party to get you up and dancing, that wasn't the case for me; I didn't have the one person that would have made this party special.

"Aren't you the least bit excited Graceeeyyy?" My friend slurred.

"Ugh, you're a drunken mess, Andrea and stop calling me Gracey you know I hate that,"

"It's your 21st birthdayyyy we should be celebrating!"

I rolled my eyes, "You can do that for me, and just leave me alone okay?" I sighed.

"Ugh, I know Emily died and everything, but that was a year ago! Get over it"

I blinked, and turned around and slapped Andrea so hard I left a red hand print on her now swollen cheek.

"Don't you say that; don't start that shit with me Andrea! You know how much I loved her! She was like my sister!"

By now everyone was looking at us, my eyes were clouded with tears I could only see blurry figures, but I could care less about them. My best friend wasn't here to enjoy the festivities with me; I started crying in front of everyone. Of course I ran out, I didn't want to be humiliated anymore than what I already was with Andrea's behavior.

"You okay?"

I looked up only to see Alex standing in front of me, his hands in his pockets and his black beanie hanging off his head. Now, he wasn't usually who I would have thought would come looking for me. I wondered why he was even out here, why the hell was he at my party? So many questions clouded my mind but I had no time for this.

I shrugged wiping my teary eyes, "I guess"

He sat next to me and straightens his beanie on his head, not that it looked any better, and I didn't care.

"Why are you here Alex? Shouldn't you be inside dancing and getting drunk, screwing some girl's brains out?"

He chuckled, "Is that what you think of me? That I'm nothing more than a whore?"

I shrugged, "More or less,"

"Ouch. That hurts,"

"I don't care. Any who since when do you give a fuck about me? You never have before; you always picked on me and treated me like dirt, which brings up another good question, why the hell are you here? It's my party."

Again he chuckled, "Don't get your panties up in a bunch Grace Lynn, Zack invited me to tag a long"

Zack, of course he was the nice guy here, he was so good to Em I'll never forget all that he did for her and how happy she made him.

"Of course he did, you're lucky that I happen to like Zack,"

"I am, so are you going to tell me what's bothering you, besides the obvious"

"Why should I tell you, you're no one to me and I'm no one to you."

Growing up Alex had always teased me, called me names, and pushed me in dirt; he also ridiculed me in high school. Made everyone believed that I was sleeping around with the whole football team which is why I hated him, and still do. Em was always by my side though she didn't believe any of the rumors he and his fucked up friends made up. Of course it was only him and Jack and Lisa spreading all those rumors. Rian and Zack were the nice guys, of course it didn't hurt that Zack was dating Emily at the time.

"Ouch, I see you still hold those grudges after all these years, tsk, and you've grown up to be such a beautiful girl,"

I rolled my eyes, "and I wasn't before, well, gee thanks Alex,"

"Ha, listen Grace..."he said, putting his hand on my knee.

I took his hand off my knee, "What?"

"The only reason I was so--"

"Alex?" IT was her, the reason this whole thing even started.

"Oh, hey Lisa"

"Mind giving me a ride home?"

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I shouted.

"Chill, Jack brought me here, I don't want to stay here, ew"

"Ugh, just go."I said to both, shoving them out of my home.

Image

Zack and Rian were the only ones that stayed after to help me clean up the mess that everyone made.

"thanks guys for helping me clean up,"

"you know we'd do anything for you," Zack smiled.

I nodded, "Thanks again, I guess I'll see you around"

"Mhmm bye!"

Today had been a long day and all I wanted to do was fall asleep and hold on tight to the memories of my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... First chapter.
What do you guys think?
Grace.