Status: NEW!

Tearing Love Apart

Chapter Ten.

I open my eyes and groan as I put my hand on my forehead, it was hurting a lot. I look around and notice I was laying on the bathroom floor. I stand up slowly and look around expecting to see Em again, but she wasn’t here.

“I just imagined her.” I say as I look at myself in the mirror, I sigh as I notice a red bump on my forehead, I must have hit my head on the edge of the sink when I passed out.

I open the door and walk out of the bathroom and walk back to my room, I take in deep breaths and start to pace.

Did I really see Em? I wonder in my head, I was just imagining her, that's all. I try to convince myself, but I swear it was as if she had actually been there with me.

"Zack?" I hear Em's faint voice.

I close my eyes shut and shake my head. She is dead, Em is dead. I repeat over and over in my head.

I open my eyes slowly and gasp as I tumble back and fall on the floor. "You're not real!" I shout standing up, Em looks at me with a questioning look, "can you really see me?" She whispers.

"You're just in my head, you're dead." I say and run out of my room and almost fall down the stairs, I run to the door and open it running out of the house.

"Zack!" I hear my mother shout but I just keep running.

I keep running until I see Grace's house in view. I run to the front door and knock desperately not wanting to look behind me.

"Grace!" I shout and continue knocking.

"Gra-"

"What's the matter?" Grace asks as she opens the door.

I walk in quickly and shut the door and lock it. I look at Grace as I keep breathing hard, then I see Alex coming out from the living room.

"What happened to you?" Alex asks.

I slide down to the floor and bring my legs up to my chest, and close my eyes, she wasn't real. I tell myself and rock back and forth.

"Zack?" I hear Grace ask with concern.

"She's not real." I whisper not wanting to open my eyes.

"Alex, go bring him some water."

"She's not real, Emily is dead."

"I know she's dead Zack, tell me what happened."

I shake my head, "she's not real."

"Zack please, you're scaring me." Grace whispers as she touches my hand.

"Here, drink some water." Alex says, I open my eyes slowly and breath out seeing only Grace and Alex in front of me.

I take the glass of water from Alex's glass and take a sip making me feel a bit better.

"What happened to your forehead?" Grace asks

"I-I passed out in the bathroom and I guess I hit my head on the sink."

"Dude, what happened?"

I look at Alex, then I look at Grace. "I saw Em, she was wearing her favorite blue dress, she was just standing there staring at me." I whisper as my lips begin to tremble.

"Zack-"

"Please tell me I'm not going crazy." I say interrupting Grace.

"You just miss her, sometimes I imagine I'm talking to her."

"She was there Grace!" I exclaim as I rub my eyes.

"Zack just breath, okay?" Alex tells me.

I nod and begin to take deep breaths.

Emily.

Can he really see me? I wonder as I stare at Grace's house. Part of me wanted to go in and find out if Zack could actually see me, and part of me was afraid to go in.

"I need to know the truth." I murmur and walk through Grace's living room wall, I didn't want to startle Zack is I just appeared next to him out of nowhere.

I walk towards the entrance hall and peek through the corner, I could see Zack sitting on the floor holding a glass of water, Grace and Alex crouching in front of him.

I hear a hiss, I look down and notice Cupcake, Grace's cat staring at me, "go away!" I hiss in a low voice, but Cupcake keeps staring at me as if she was getting ready to attack me. I glare at her and step out onto the hall.

Zack's eyes widen as he catches a glimpse of me, I stare at him wishing he didn't look so terrified.

"Zack, what's wrong?" Alex asks as Zack's chest begins to raise up and down rapidly.

Zack keep staring at me, then his lips begin to tremble.

He brings his hands up to his face and begins to shake it, "she's dead." He says as his voice cracks. "She's rotting in the ground," he says as he begins to sobbing.

I feel pain go through my body as I see Zack so broken, that wasn't like him, he was always smiling and cracking stupid jokes, and he would always write sappy poetry and the only times he cried was when we would see a tragic romance movie so I wouldn't be the only one crying when we left the movie theater.

He had cried the day he found out I had died, and he cried at my funeral, he even cried on our anniversary, he cried because he missed me, and now he cried because he was afraid of me.

"I'm sorry Zack," I say in a trembling voice and walk away.
♠ ♠ ♠
:}