Status: NEW!

Tearing Love Apart

Chapter Two.

I stare at Grace’s house from across the street, she had gone to bed two hours ago, and yet I was standing in the same exact spot I had been standing on for the past hours unable to leave. Even if I wanted to leave, there was something holding me back.

There was something I had to do, I just don’t know what.

Image

“Come on Em!” Grace shouted as she took hold of my hand.

I groaned and ran trying to keep up with her, “Grace, it’s like two in the morning, I’m tired.” I whined, but Grace continued to drag me down the empty streets.

“Seriously Grace, I’m tired and I have class in the morning.” I told her as I managed to free my hand from her grip.

Grace stopped running and turned to look at me, “fine,” she sighed, and started walking in the opposite direction towards her car.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled as I followed her.

“Don’t worry about it; we’ll just have our midnight swim next weekend.” She said with a smile and linked her arm with mine.

We walked silently back to the car, once we reached it we got in and Grace drove me home.

“I’ll see you later.” I told her and closed the passenger door.

She waved and drove away. I walked into my house making sure not to make any noise; I didn’t want my parents giving me the whole “you live under my roof with my rules” speech, it was bad enough I was twenty and still living at home.

I walked up the stairs and tippy toed down the hall past my parent’s room, and my brother’s room. I walked into my room and turned on the light. I took off my shoes and sweater and walked over to the balcony; I opened the glass doors, and stepped outside.

I inhaled the fresh air and exhaled slowly as I leaned against the edge of the balcony.

And then I heard a small crack, I tried to move but it was too late, I was falling.

I remember screaming, I remember feeling pain go through my body, and I remember feeling nothing soon after.

At first I thought I was still alive, I could see the sky and the moon, but I couldn’t move I was just lying there on the cement ground.

“Emily!” I heard my mother scream, and then the strangest thing happened.
I stood up, and got on my feet, and started walking towards the back door.

“I’m fine mom!” I said as I saw my mom coming out of the house, tears rolling down her face, my dad and brother right behind her.

She didn’t notice me; none of them did, they just kept walking.

“Mom?” I whispered and turned around just to see her kneel down next to my body.

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped, I couldn’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it.

My dad checked for a pulse, but there was none. “She’s gone Mary.” He told my mom as his voice quivered.

“No!” My mom sobbed, and my dad wrapped his arms around her unable to say anything to make her feel better.

I stood there staring at my dead body unable to do anything; I was gone, gone forever.

I watched as the paramedics arrived, they placed my body in a black bag and left leaving my family broken hearted.

Image

“Happy birthday Grace,” I whisper and start to walk away.

There was so many things I wanted to tell Grace, so many things we never got to do, and it was all my fault, if only I had followed Grace to the beach that night, I would have still been alive.

I shake the thought from my mind; I hate thinking about the things I would have changed, in the end I would have still died.

I stop walking and look in front of me, of course I was standing in front of his house, it was the same thing every night, I would go to Grace’s house and then somehow I would end up in front of Zack’s. I close my eyes and just continue walking.

I walk and walk unable to decide where to go, not that it mattered, in the end I always ended in my room. My mom had spent the first whole month after my death in there crying on my bed, and then she locked it as if locking it would keep my presence there, she just didn’t want to let me go.

I still didn't want to let go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emily.

Second chapter. :]