Status: NEW!

Tearing Love Apart

Chapter Four.

I stare at Grace as she continues to walk to her car, every time I said her name out loud it was as if she could actually hear me. I watch as she drives away. I turn around and stare at my gravestone, I sit down in front of it, and smile as I see the sunflowers, they always reminded me of summer.

I felt a small hint of pain go through my lifeless chest, it was as if my dead heart could still feel pain. I was responsible for how upset Grace was most of the time, I wanted to tell her that there was nothing that could have saved me, it was my time to go, and there was nothing anybody could have done.

“I miss you,” I hear a familiar voice whisper, causing me to jump up and take a few steps back.

I stare at Zack as my whole body starts to feel a bit weird, it was a kind of feeling that reminded me of butterflies.

“I try to pretend that I’ve moved on, but how can I? You were my high school sweetheart.”

He sighs and kneels down placing a bouquet of yellow roses right next to the sunflower’s Grace had brought me. I sit on my knees right in front of him, and look into his hazel eyes, “I miss you too.” I whisper as my lips begin to tremble.

I shake my head and stand up, “I can’t, I can’t” I say in a desperate voice.

“I’m dead, I’m not supposed to feel pain, sadness, heartbreak, nothing. I’m dead.”

I look away from Zack and begin to run.

I run without thinking, without seeing, I just run trying to make all these weird emotions disappear.

I thought the point of being dead was to be in peace, not to follow around all the people I used to know, and witness them feel sorry for me, and for me to start feeling sorry for myself. I didn’t want to be a spirit, or a ghost, or whatever the hell I was, I just wanted to be dead or alive, not in between.

Image

“I heard you were stealing Zack for the weekend,” I heard a voice behind me, I roll my eyes and turn around to see Alex.

“You heard wrong, as always.” I tell him and turn back around.

Alex pulled out the chair besides me, and to my dismay sat on it. I sighed, and looked at him with a raised eyebrow, “What do you want?”

He shrugged, “I was just wondering how Grace was, I heard she had a wild night with Mike last night behind the bleachers.”

“Are you fucking kidding me Gaskarth? You should learn to keep your fucking mouth closed.” I snarled, and glared at him as I stood up and moved to a different seat.

I couldn’t believe him, how dare he ask me something like that, when we both perfectly knew it was his doing, him and his best friend, Jack. I couldn’t understand why they wanted to make Grace’s life hell.

Forty minutes later the bell rang, I walked out of the classroom furiously and made my way to the tree hundred building, that was where Grace’s next class was going to be at.

“Wow, what’s the matter?” Zack said as he grabbed my arm and turned me around, he smiled and gave me a small kiss on the lips.

“What do you think?” I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

“What did he do this time?”

“Apparently Grace screwed Mark after the football game, and we both know that isn’t true.”

Zack sighed and rubbed his temple, “I’ll talk to him, okay?”

“You always say that, but he’s not going to change, and I know he’s your friend, but I’m getting sick and tired of him always trying to bring my best friend down, it isn’t fair.”

“I know it isn’t fair, but I promise this time I’ll make sure.”

I took in a deep breath of fresh air and exhaled slowly. “You know how much I hate him, and you know the only reason he stopped being mean to me was because you asked me to be your girlfriend.”

“I know,” Zack said in a low voice and gave me a hug.

“I have to go check on Grace.” I told him, and gave him a small smile.

“We got nominated for cutest couple.”

“I know.” I giggled and walked away.