Status: NEW!

Tearing Love Apart

Chapter Five.

I. Hate. Alexander Gaskarth. He is so annoying, high school was just a pain, having him in class was the worst. He would sit behind me and throw paper balls or spit wads at me; I remember he made me cry once or twice. I didn't admit it to anyone but Emily who I told not to tell anyone not even Zack.

When I pulled up to my home I noticed that he was sitting on my porch, I mumbled, stepping out of my car and slamming it shut.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I growled.

"Chill, I just wanted to talk to you"

"About what? There's not much you could possibly say to me,"

"I know that I haven't been nice to you la--"

"You've never been nice to me Alex; now get to the point, I have to feed my cat,"

"A cat?"

"Yeah, my cat, now talk"

"I just wanted to apologize...”

I blinked, putting both hands on my hips and shaking my head, I had a hard time believing any of this was actually coming out of his mouth.

"I don't want or need any of YOUR apologies Alexander so now if you don't mind; I'd like to go inside,"

I was starting to turn the knob when I felt his hand grab my wrist and pulled on it, I turned around and glared at him.

"Just listen okay?"

I groaned, "No, Alex I WON'T accept your apologies it's too late, I don't want to see you or hear from you. There's nothing that bonds us together anymore, not that we were ever bonded, but the only reason I put up with you was because of Emily and Zack, now go away!"

I shoved him off and ran inside closing the door behind me and locking it, I took a deep breath and walked further inside my house. I could hear Alex shouting about wanting to apologize and how he really meant it this time. Last time he tried that he embarrassed me in front of the cheer leading squad and football team. There was no way I was ever going to forgive him for that.

Image

I never quite understood why Alex Gaskarth hated me so much, what did I do to him? Why did he live to torment me and humiliate and make me cry. I just didn't and will never understand, today was another humiliating day.

Alex said he wanted to talk to me in the gym and that he had a surprise for me, so like an idiot I walked into the gym, there was no one there, I had found a note on the floor that read:

I wanted to confess my love for you Grace. I've always liked you and wanted to tell you in person.

My heart was racing and as I looked around, I shouted his name telling him that I always liked him and that I've liked him for years.

Or course it ended in disaster, Alex had walked out of the boys’ lockers room laughing while his friends pointed and laughed at me. He said it was all a joke and that everyone was in on it. My heart sank and my eyes teared up.

"I could never go out with someone as ugly and nerdy as you Grace," is what he said.

I ran out my heart in pieces and tears in my eyes.


Image

I was never the same again, I never dated one guy and as I grew older I became wittier and smarter. I didn't let Alex or his stupid friends push me around.

Sure, Alex and his stupid band hit off, you know what they say some times good things happen to terrible people. But that doesn't mean that I would end up having a crappy life, I didn't. My grandparents had bought me a house for my birthday, yeah my grandparents were loaded, and something Alex didn't know. They made sure that my college education was set, and I was very thankful.

I was getting really tired of hearing Alex's voice so I walked out and glared daggers at him, he was grinning, the idiot.

"Come on, you can't take me that seriously! I was young and stupid!"

"You still haven't changed Alex you're still the same asshole from high school, if you don't leave I swear to go god, I'll call my cousin on your ass,"

Did I mention that my cousin happened to be the Chief of Police? Yeah, that's right. Karma is a bitch. Alex was already behind on paying his speeding tickets (again, that information was revealed to me via my cousin) and if he got in trouble he would be doing some time.

"Fine..." he mumbled.

I smirked, it was about time he got what he deserved, I walked inside and walked to the kitchen where I found Cupcake, my cat purring.

"Ready to eat?"

She meowed, meaning yes.

I wished Emily was here, she would be laughing at Alex's misery, just like I was, you could say it was bittersweet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy!
Yes, Alex got what he deserved.
Sweet karma. haha.