Status: NEW!

Tearing Love Apart

Chapter Six.

I had come to the conclusion that the feelings weren’t going to go away, a little part of me liked the idea of being able to feel happy again, because then I didn’t have to feel so empty and unreal. I walk through the streets as people look right through me, I look at them and imagine what they’re feeling, are they happy? Nervous? Confused? Shocked? In love?

I look down at my bare feet, as I feel something sting in my chest. I place my hand over my lifeless heart, and close my eyes.
Image
“Em! Em! Em!” I heard Jack and Alex say my name over and over again.

“Just ignore them.” Grace told me as we continued to walk to our next class.

“Em! Em! Em!” Alex kept saying as he followed us to our class.

“What!?” I shrieked turning around, causing fellow students to turn around and look at me.

“Am I talking to you?” He asked innocently, and then him and Jack started laughing.

"You guys are such assholes!" Grace spat glaring at Alex.

"Oh, look who's talking book worm!" Jack spat back.

"At least she knows how to read!" I spat back.

Jack glared at me, it felt as if every body around Grace and me were glaring at us.

"Who cares, at least we're not going to be virgins for the rest of our lives." It was Lisa who said this as she stood next to Alex and linked her arm with his.

I bit the inside of my lip as I felt everybody's eyes on me, I looked around as the giggling and snickers grew, I looked at Grace who's face has been transformed into a tomato.

"Let's go." She mumbled.

"Fuck you guys." I told them, and then turned around with Grace, and we started walking towards our next class.

"Em!" I heard someone scream as we reached our next class.

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I shouted expecting Jack or Alex to be there, except it was Zack. I felt my heart beat faster, and my stomach filled with butterflies.

"Sorry." I mumbled, "I thought you we-"

"I know." He said cutting me off. "I'm sorry about them, I've told them to stop but-" He sighed.

"I'll meet you in class." Grace whispered, and left.

"You didn't do anything, it's not your fault you're friends with two assholes."

"And you don't need to apologize."

"Yes I do, you're my friend and you shouldn't be teased like that, and neither does Grace."

I shrugged, "What can we do, we're just their punching bags." I told him and turned around, I was already late for class.

"Emily," Zack said as he took hold of my hand, I looked down at my hand and then then up at Zack.

"What?"

"I like you... a lot"

I felt a knot in my throat, and I felt my heart skip a beat. "Don't" I said thinking this was just another joke from Jack and Alex.

"I've liked you since seventh grade."

I shook my head, "I need to get to class."

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked as he smiled.

"You're just like them." I spat and turned around furiously.

"Emily please," he pleaded.

I turned around and stared at him, "do you want me to say yes and then you can run to your friends for them to make fun of me for being such a stupid girl?"

"No, I want you to say yes because you want to, I'm sorry if you don't believe me, but I'm being honest, I'm putting my heart out to you, you can either accept it or stomp on it."

I breathed in and out deeply, "yes."

Zack smiled and pulled me towards him, I felt my cheeks go read as my heart began to beat faster, then his lips met mine.
Image
I open my eyes, and stare straight ahead of me, I was at Zack's house.

"Thanks man, I'll see you later." I hear him as he gets out of Rian's car, he waves and begins to walk into his house.

I follow him as he walks up the stairs and then opens the second door to the right into his room, it was just as I had last remembered, nothing had changed, just like my room.

He walks to his computer desk and picks up a picture frame, I look at it feeling sad, it was a picture of Zack and me at the fair a couple of weeks before I died.

He sighs and puts the picture frame back down, he walks to his bed and lays down on his side staring at the wall, I stare at the picture for a bit longer before turning away to look at Zack.

I walk to his bed and lay on my side staring at Zack's eyes, "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you so much Zack." I say as my voice quivers.

He closes his eyes, "I love you so much Em," he says as his voice breaks.

I close my eyes feeling like my cold heart had just broken into tiny little pieces.