Status: slow updates

Call on Me

bottle of jack

Cameron’s feet smelled. They were a mix between rotten eggs and fart. He always went to bed with socks on but somehow, at least the past few nights he’d managed to wiggle them off. Further his feet have managed to find themselves in front of my head every morning.

“Cameron!” I cursed smacking my hand against his food to swing it away. It only ever backfired and swung back into my face. Defeated I turned, as usual, and let my face burrow into Josh’s chest. I could still smell the aroma of performance on his shirt regardless of the fact that he tried to wash off as much as possible afterwards.

“Mmm,” he mumbled softly against my mass of hair. “Morning, baby,” he said his lips forming a lock against my forehead as he pressed a kiss against it.

“Not morning, go back to sleep,” I whined. He scoffed and wrapped his arms around me tightly. “I’m serious,” I told him and he could only chuckle. But he didn’t move around or force me to stay awake. He just laid there, letting me used him as a pillow.

I doubted I actually went back to sleep, once Cameron’s feet were in my line of smell I was pretty much awake. That damn kid couldn’t sleep with his feet on the other end of the bunk? Tomorrow I was switching my head placement.

“Josh,” I sighed. He looked dead tired when I actually opened my eyes to see him.

“Get dressed, we’ll go on a walk or something,” he said kissing my lips quickly. He waited for me to get out before he rolled out as well and we started grabbing for clothes. Try as we might it was hard to be quiet and I heard a few grunts from disgruntled rock stars.

I pulled on a pair of shorts that I was almost certain didn’t belong to me but I didn’t care. I grabbed a loose fitting t-shirt. But, because I didn’t want to bother with my hair I just pulled a knit cap over it and pushed it to a low side pony tail before calling it good. Looking over at Josh he smiled and followed me from the bunk area into the ‘living room’ to put shoes on.

“So, where are we?”

“I think we’re somewhere in Texas, but I could be wrong,” he joked. “What’s the point of knowing, the funs in exploration,” he pointed out.

“And the bus won’t leave us?”

He looked at me as he started for the door and shook his head. “Babe, we’re already at the next venue city whatever, they’re not going anywhere trust me,” he said with a smile. “Come on, be adventurous with me.” He let his lip pout a little as he kissed me again.

“You should be lucky that you’re so cute,” I told him with a small smile. “Alright, lead away,” I nodded towards the open world and with a grin he laced his fingers through mine pulling me away from the bus. As much as I wanted to just sit somewhere, Josh always was one to walk around. We could already see people driving towards the venue. I never understood why people were so anxious to get to a concert. Then again the only concerts I ever really got to go to were Josh’s and I had side stage.

“You see that,” Josh said pointing to a bird. “That could be the state bird of whatever state we’re in!”

“Or it could just be a Blue Jay,” I said softly. “Josh, why is the sky so blue here?”

He looked up and smiled, “because you’re outside looking up at it,” he said.

“Stop being so corny.”

“I’ll try. Hey, are you gonna watch the set today?”

I looked at him like he’d lost his mind. “Don’t I watch your set every time I go to a show of yours? I feel like by now we’ve worked out this routine.”

“You know it never hurts to ask. That way it keeps it fresh in your mind that I’m going to be watching you watching me. Man that sounded awkward and slightly stalker like,” he said. He tended to ramble after he said anything but it was always cute. There were days where I’d wonder what I would ever do without this boy. It was those days that I discovered I never wanted to find out. “Oh, hey come on. Let’s go spy on an old friend,” he said pulling me down a path between two buses after a boy.

“What are…?”

“Shh.” He hissed it quickly and continued to pull me along with him.

We followed the boy, well man, all the way to the front gate and, after showing our badges, into the concert grounds. I supposed the one thing to do before the festival of warped started was to walk the grounds and make sure you knew where you were going or else risk getting lost. We were probably ten feet behind him but that didn’t keep Josh from sneaking around like he was in a spy movie. Every once in a while he would grab me and duck behind a tent. He’d explain it away by saying he needed to keep us hidden so the subject didn’t notice us. I doubted he would notice us anyways. He was carrying a box that appeared to be quite heavy.

“Josh, stop it,” I told him finally. He laughed before lacing his fingers in mine and walking towards the man.

“Vito, shit man I haven’t seen you in…well shit if I know how long. How’ve you been man?”

The boy looked up with a smile and waved. “Hey Josh, about time you showed up lazy ass. I forgot you were on this tour,” he joked.

“Oh yea sure, sure,” Josh said rolling his eyes. “How much jack did you bring this year?”

“More than you could ever drink,” he chided him. “So, who’s this lovely lady?”

“Oh, sorry, Kim this is Vito. Vito, this is my girlfriend Kim.”

“You got stuck with this weirdo, I am so sorry,” he said reaching his hand towards me to shake mine.

“Yea,” I said shaking his hand quickly, “but I love ‘im anyway.”

“She’s mine Vito, stay the hell away,” he said draping his arm around my waist. “Anyway, we should probably make sure the rest of the band is up I think we play early but hey I’ll stop by later and actually catch up!”

“Josh,” I asked when we got far enough away that Vito wouldn’t hear, “why do you drink so much?”

He thought about it for a minute and shrugged, “I guess it’s a social aspect of this career. I don’t want to ever over drink myself but it’s nice to unwind. Does it bother you?”

“No, I just have a few random questions in my head some days,” I said. “Hey, that wasn’t very adventurous my friend,” I informed him.

“Well then,” he scoffed softly and pulled me down a different path. I laughed as I followed unsure of how this would get us back to the bus but at the moment I didn’t care. It was the beginning of summer and I was happy with Josh right by my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
man I haven't updated this in forever
Happy holidays everyone I hope you're all having a great winter wherever you are!