Over Seas

when things get dark

Two weeks past in a blurr as school took up my tiime but Matt found his way into my schedule some how. Either he would be waiting for me in my room or my favorite kidnapping me and taking me on what he called a getta way from school date. I felt my troubles from my past slip away as I began to feel more at home in England. I was happy, happier than I'd ever been in my life and it felt good to be able to enjoy it or so I thought.

"Mom?",I said seeing her sitting on a bench outside my dorm building. I stood there looking at her in disbelief, I couldn't she was actually here.
She got up and slowly walked towards me not sure if she wanted to or not,"Lucy", she smiled at me.
"Mom, why are you here?",I asked.
She looked the same as she did when I was younger light brown curly hair, a little taller than me, pale and skiny like me with green eyes."Aren't you happy to see me?",she asked still smiling.
"Of course I am mom, I'm just trying to figure out why your here",I said moving back a little bit.
"I came to see you hunny",she said calling me a nickname which made me shutter, it felt so weird being called a nickname,"and to convince you to come back home after you finish school."
"What?",I asked her looking at her confused.
"Is there some where we could go and sit down and talk",she said moving closer to me.
"Um I was about to meet Matt at this bookstore a few blocks from here",I said,"We could go there if you don't mind the walk."
"I don't",she said smiling again.
We began walking to the place where Matt and I met,"So you flew all the way to Cambridge England to try to get me to come back to Texas?",I asked as we walked.
"Yes",she replied.
"Why?",I asked looking at her.
"Because",she tried to finish her sentence but I cut her off.
"Because you don't think Matt loves me?",I said finishing her sentence.
"Yes and I don't think your ready to make that decision yet",she said.
"I can't explain this to you",I said calmly,"So I will have to show you."

Matt was waiting inside and walked out to greet me, kissing me on the cheek and seeing the women next to me saying,"Hellow",he put his hand out to my mother.
"Hello",she said looking at me.
"Matt this is my mother",I said,"Mother this is Matt."
"What a pleasure it is to meet you",he said smiling at her.
"So you haven't told him about your past Lucy, you must not love him that much",she said.
"Actually she has",Matt said,"She's told me everything."
"Let's go inside", I said taking Matt's hand and we went to some couches by the coffee cafe inside the bookstore.
We sat down Matt and I next to each other and my mom across from us.
"So Matt, the reason my mom is here is because she wants me to come home",I said calmly.
"But you want to stay",he said looking at me.
"No she thinks she does",she said.
"Mom",I said looking in her eyes,"I want to stay here." I turned to look at Matt and he gave me a small smile.
"Matt she doesn't know what she's saying",she said looking at me,"Did she tell you all about her past?"
"I trust Lucy",he said looking at her.
"Did she tell you it's not true any of it?",she asked.
I was shocked she was lying,"Matt she's lying",I said.
He looked at me seeing the truth in my eyes,"I know Lucy."
My mother raised an eyebrow,"You don't believe me",she said,"What has she told you? About me? About her father?"
"I told him the truth",I said tears in my eyes,"Mom why are you doing this?"
"Lucy you have always been a lier",she said looking at me with the glare I remember when she stood in my door way,"I want you to come back home baby."
I began crying and shaking,"Stop it",said Matt,"Lucy let's go."
I nodded and looked at my mother as we go up, she was the same, the same women I ran away from,"I'm sorry mom",I said.
She looked at me,"Why's that?"
"Because",I cried,"You are the same, you haven't changed."
I saw my moms face turn to sadness as Matt grabbed my shoulders and take me to his car. We drove to his house, lucky for us it was friday so I would be living with Matt for awhile till my mom was gone. I began crying and Matt touched my shoulder.

"Lucy I believe you, you know that right?",he said.
"Yes",I said my hands in my face,"Matt she's the same, she hasn't changed and I'm.. I'm scared."
He pulled into his drive way and parked the car,"Lucy I promise I won't let her hurt you",he said taking my hands from face,"I love you."
"Matt I love you too",I said my cheeks and eyes were red and puffy from my tears.
"Let's go inside ok",he said and got out of the car and opened my door for me.
"I need to call my grandma",I said as we walked in the door.
"Ok",he said putting his lips to my forehead,"Do you want me to leave you alon.."
"No!",I cut him off.
"Ok",was all he said as I pulled out my phone and began dialing my grandma's number. It rang and rang until she picked up.

"Lucy?",she said.
"Grams",I said my voice shaky.
"She's there isn't she",she said.
"Grams why is she here?",I asked.
"She's sick Lucy, she came to me with Christopher telling me she's left your dad and stopped drinking. And she had until she got your letter a week ago",she said,"She was mad that you weren't coming back and when I noticed her odd behavior I kicked her out keeping Christopher."
"How did she get the money to come all the way here?",I asked.
"Your dad",she said pausing,"He's changed since she left him but for the worse, he's got money now and he still is as bad as you remember."
I began to shake and tears streamed down my face,"Grams what should I do?"
"Call the police Lucy",she said,"I heard her say that she was going to have your father come get you if you wouldn't come easily. Lucy have Matt call the police and make a plan to get your mom and send her back to the U.S. Do you here me Lucy?"
"Yes",I said my voice was shaky,"Grams did you call the cops on her?"
"I did, they will get her when she comes back to the U.S",she said,"And Lucy be careful."
I hung up the phone and fell to the floor, Matt was by my side asking me what was wrong. "Call the cops",I said,"She told me my father is coming."
Matt was up and on his phone instantly, he hung up once he was done with the police and calling someone else.

He mouthed pack your bags to me and pointed up stairs to his room. I ran up the stairs and he followed as I got a big suitcase from his closet throwing our cloths in the bag. I ran to the closet putting in more cloths then running to the bathroom putting in our toothbushes, tooth paste and ect. Once I was done I walked out of the bathroom to Matt still on the phone talking to someone quietly. He looked at me and smiled I began to feel safer.
After Matt finshed his phone call he began grabbing some extra stuff I forgot.

"Where are we going?",I asked him.
"Some where safe",he said taking my hand.
"Thank you Matt",I said kissing his lips and he kissed me back.
"Let's go",he took my hand,"We went downstairs and waited for the cops to show up and they did 20 minutes later.

"Lucy",said a female officer named Anna,"We need you to get a hold of your mom and try to get her to meet you some place. Lie to her say anything and we will have you meet her with us waiting."
Matt had his arm around me,"I know what to tell her",I said,"I pulled out my phone and called my Gram to get my moms number, she told me and I hung up dialing my moms number.
It rang , again it rang and rang then she picked up,"Lucy sweetie is that you",she said.
"Mom",I cried trying to be convincing,"Mom Matt he broke up with me."
"Oh Lucy baby what happened",she said.
"He said I was lying and that he didn't want to be with me anymore",I said,"He said he only wanted to sleep with me and now that he'd done that he didn't have to pretend to love me anymore",I cried.
"Lucy can you meet me where we went this morning, but there's a park a few blocks away",she said,"Can you get there in an hour?"
"Yes",I said,"And mom."
"Yes baby",she said.
"I want to go home",I cried.
"Ok I'll take you home where you will be safe",she said.
"Love you",I said.
"I love you too Lucy",she said and hung up the phone.

Matt looked at me, I was crying for real. I didn't want to lie to my mom but I had to. I had to help her and it was hurting me to do so.

"Your doing the right thing",Matt said pulling my head to his chest.
"I love you Matt",I said crying in his shoulder.
"I love you Luce",he held me.

We waited and then Matt dropped me off at the park where I walked looking for my mom. It was almost sundown and I could see my breath it was so cold. I searched for my mom and decided to wait on a red park bench next to a big tree. The leaves were gone and would be back in Aprill.

"Look at how lovely you are",said a voice I recognized all to well, my father.
I turned tears in my eyes,"Dad?"
He walked over to me smiling a creepy smile,"My beautiful Lucy why did I ever let you slip away",he said touching my cheek and then slapping it,"Oh right I didn't!"
He laughed as I began to cry,"What do you want from me?"
Sitting at the bench he put his hand on my leg,"You",was all he said as he tried to kiss my neck but I got up and began running as fast as I could.
Seeing this coming he grabbed my arms and pushed me to the ground. I heard a thud as I hit the earth and tried to get up as he pulled my hair.
I screamed,"Let go! Let go of me!"
My mother came out from behind the tree,"I did as I promised",she said looking at my dad.
"What have you done?",I asked tears blurring my vision.
"She's helped me get to you",he said hitting my face again.
"The money",she said holding out her hand.
"How could you!",I screamed,"How could you?"
"I'm sorry Lucy",she said not looking at me.
"No your not",I said,"You never were."
"Shut up! Both of you",my father said pulling out a bundle of money and handing it to her,"Now leave us."
"Mom please",I cried,"Please don't go."
He hit me again and I tasted blood on my lip,"I'm sorry Lucy",she said turning and walking away.
"Mom",I screamed,"Mom please!"
Slapping me harder I fell to the ground fighting to keep my eyes open,"What do you want?",I cried.
Bending down he grabbed my face and pulled my lips to his and I refused to kiss him back, I tried to pull away but he held me tight. He gave up and started pulling me to the parking lot. "Let me go!!", I screamed and my voice was horse.
"Don't make me damage that pretty face of yours",he said,"I've already damaged it enough."
I began squirming trying to break free of his strong arms, we reached his car and I felt as if I would never see Matt again. I felt the darkness taking me away like in my nightmare. But then cops surrounded My dad and me, and my father pulled out a gun pointing it to my head. I felt myself shaking as the he started yelling at the cops. Using all the force in me I quickly looked at Anna winking and kicked my father in his area, he bent down and Anna took the shot knocking him to his feet and I ran from his arms. Matt grabbed me as soon as I was out of the swarm of cops taking me in his arms and holding me tightly.

"Lucy we are so glad you are safe",said Anna,"We have your mother and father under arrest and are sending them to the U.S where they will both be put in jail for a long time."
I gave her a small smile as she walked away,"I was so afraid",said Matt,"I thought that I was going to lose you."
"I know I felt the same way",I said looking in his eyes.
"Lucy you were so brave and I'm so proud of you",he smiled at me.
"It had to be done, I had to face them someday", I smiled back.
He kissed my forehead,"Let's go home."
That wa all he said as we hoped in his car and drove to his house. We both layed in bed and I could tell something was wrong with Matt.

"What's wrong?",I asked.
His eyes moved from the ceiling to my eyes,"I don't ever want to lose you Lucy."
"I don't want to lose you either Matt",I said .
"So I have to tell you something",he said and it hit me he was going to tell me what I'd been waiting to hear.
"Go on",I said.
"Lucy I don't know how to tell you this",he began,"But.."
"But?",I said.
"My name is Matt Bellamy",he said.
"Matt",I laughed,"I know this."
"Well do you know this, I'm the lead singer and guitarist in a band",he said.
"You are?",I asked,"What band?"
"A good band",He said,"I happen to know you would like our music."
"What's your band name?", I smiled.
"Muse",he said looking in my eyes.
I felt my jaw drop mentally as I looked at him,"Huh?"
"I am the singer and guitarist and pianoist of the band Muse",he said.
"What?", was all I could say.
"Lucy",he shook me,"It's still me, I'm still Matt."
"You wrote starlight",my eyes went wide,"Omy gosh, and you have heard my ramble on and on about how much I love it. Things I would say to well you."
I put my hand over my mouth in shock,"Yes",he laughed," and yes but you weren't rambling I liked what you said."
I didn't say anything for a moment,"Lucy you still love me right?",he asked.
And I snapped out of my daze,"Yes of course."
"Just checking, because I love you and I want to be with you",he said,"I wanted to tell you so many times I just couldn't. It's been a tough thing to keep from you",he said,"And I'm sorry but",he grabbed my waist pulling me to him gently," I needed to know you could love me for me and not because of who I am."
I kissed him and he began kissing me back,"Matt",I said pulling away just a little bit to see his eyes,"I will alway love you for you."
"Good because this is just the begginning",he said kissing me.
(END OF BOOK ONE)
(Chapter 20 will be the first chapter to the second book)