‹ Prequel: We'll Brave This Storm
Status: Active.

Journey to the Past

What is "Intuition"?

”Nooooooo!” The girl yelled and giggled when a boy tickled him. He was blurry. I think he smiled, satisfied at her happiness. They’re so small. Then, another boy came along. He looked a little bit younger, not too much. Maybe a year younger.

“My sister!” The new boy called and held out a plastic sword at the other boy that tickled her. “Now it is your time! Engarde!”

“Oh, unfair! I don’t have…” the first boy looked around and sighed. “I have a skateboard!” He reached behind him and took a skateboard, grabbing hold and standing on it, then riding it pretty well. The younger boy’s mouth opened wide in shock.

“THAT’S NOT FAIR!” He yelled, running after him.

The girl smiled and played with the little flowers that were just blooming, and someone came behind her. She looked up as the shadow loomed over her, blocking the sun from her, and she smiled, revealing some teeth missing.

“Skate with them, too?” this man said. She shrugged. “Why not?” He asked, softly laughing.

“I don’t know how,” She confessed.

“… and I will teach you how.” He said. She smiled. “Come on, let’s go find those two rugrats, hmm?” She nodded and let him lead her off to where the two had disappeared to down the road. I followed.

When they had reached them, they found the two boys laughing and running around. The man cleared his throat and caught their attention. “Hey, guys, so… let’s teach this young lady how to skate, yeah?” The older boy smiled and the younger one jumped up and down at the idea.

The boy who had tickled her grabbed his skateboard and ran up to the girl. I smiled at how cute this was—and it’d be even cuter if I could see better—and he set the board down and helped she stood up on it.

“Now, just… ride. One foot pushes off from the ground and you balance…” The man said.

“And… um, and… um, um… if you fall I’ll catch you.” The boy said.

Aww!

“Kay,” The girl said, and went off.


I woke up, yawned widely and looked up at the window. It had a curtain and light was peaking through the cracks. I smiled. This is pretty. I looked down at what I was holding to my chest. Teddy bear. Foofa, I called him. I looked at the headband around his neck. Black with a white design on it.

I yawned again and stood up, walking out of the room and going into Erin’s. She was asleep, of course. I was always up earlier than everyone. I dunno why. I’m usually a night person, too. I fished in her bags and found a small piece of paper, then ran out of the room, shutting the door softly behind me and going to the kitchen where the telephone was. Picking the phone up, I looked at the paper and dialed the numbers on it, then put the phone to my ear. It rang…

“Yo?” It’s Logan.

“Oh, hi!” I said. “Ohmygosh I’m so sorry! Where are you?! Please tell me you guys are ok.”

He laughed. “Chill, hon, we’re fine. At a hotel… uh… yeah. We’re gunna stay here til you guys decide to leave, and then we’ll travel off along you guys at nighttime.”

“Nighttime? Why nighttime?” I asked.

“Because we’re actually tired during the day! We ended up sleeping for the first time in like ever! Can you believe it?! So yeah, we’re gunna travel along you guys at nighttime. Just tell us when you guys leave and we’ll catch up.” Haley said, butting in.

“I was talking, sis. Don’t interrupt me.” Logan told her.

“Oh shut up! I wanna talk to Andrea, too!”

“Blahblahblah your needs,” He mumbled. “Anyways,” He said, now talking to me again. “Where do you think you guys will settle next?”

I shrugged, but remembered he couldn’t see. “Um… I don’t know. If for some reason us three end up walking fast and shit and weirdly going through states like super fast, then we’ll probably be in Las Vegas or something… plus I’ve always wanted to go there… Las Vegas, I mean.”

“EPIC! SHE COULD—” Haley began to say, but Logan cut her off.

“Shaddup,” He growled at her. I rolled my eyes, smiling. I’ve gotten to know em really well. They’re honestly a classic brother-sister. They fight a lot but it’s hilarious. “So… Vegas, eh?”

“Yep.” I said. “Rent some hotel there… uh… yeah, and… um… this guy we made friends with, Vinnie,” I heard Haley cough loudly from the background. “He’s coming along and he has a cellular,”

“You can just call ‘em cells.” Haley said.

“Stop interrupting!” Logan yelled.

Hah, oh jeez. <3

“Ok, he has a cell and Erin or me will call you when we’re there and tell you where we’re at, ok?”

“Kay!” They both said. “Bye!”

“Bye,” I hung up and sighed.

I’m horrible.

I yawned and walked back to my bedroom. Vinnie came out, now, and he smiled at me. I smiled back. “Morning,” He said.

“Morning,” I said back, and walked into my bedroom. He followed. I bit my lip and was surprised that an uncontrollable smile was trying to burst out, but I bit my lip harder to keep it still. Why was it doing that? I sighed and sat on my bed, and he sat on it, too. I grabbed Foofa and hugged him to me, feeling… like… like…

Like my life depended on holding this teddy bear so much. It’s as if… if I lose this teddy bear with this headband, I’ll have nothing in life worth living for. I felt like this bear was… I dunno. I couldn’t really put my finger to it. Why was I holding it so tightly to me? I’m scared. What if Vinnie wanted to take it back? I don’t want to give it back. It’s mine. Mine, mine, mine. All mine. My Foofa.

Oh, he’s so not getting Foofa back.

“You like the bear?” He asked. I nodded silently. He smiled softly.

I sighed. “Um… how did you know my name?” I asked. His eyes flickered strangely, like sadness, then back to being normal. He looked right into mine and bit his lip. “Like, my real name. Not Andie… uh… you called me… Andrea… last night.” I whispered.

“So that IS your name…” He said, sounding shocked. I grabbed my iPod and turned it on, then going to my Safari. “What’re you up to?” He asked.

“Interweb,” I said. He softly chuckled and I typed in Google, “Black veil brides.” Why not learn about them this time? Ugh. My mind is so fickle sometimes. One minute it’ll concentrate on something and the next it’ll randomly get distracted into something else. Just like now. I clicked onto their myspace page.

The first thing I saw was a picture of a guy. He had long black hair that was only a little bit passed his shoulders. It was straight and teased. He had black eye makeup and the bluest/greyest eyes. They were pretty much both in one. His skin was dead white, and he had a lip ring on his bottom lip to the side.

My head ached suddenly.

Next to his picture was one who had sunglasses, epic hair, teased and heavily layered, and she was just bad ass looking. Next to her was a guy with, once again, teased hair, black makeup and he looked like he could be the sweetest guy ever. On the first guy’s other side was one who had ridiculously amazing shiny hair that was teased a little and he looked like… I dunno. He looked wise, even, and just like he wouldn’t take shit. Next to him was the last member, who was making a scary face like anger, and his hair was crazy teased.

My head was literally burning.

I looked under each picture. They had their names under them.

JAKE PITTS.

ASHLEY PURDY.

ANDY SIX.

SANDRA.

JINXX.

My eyes settled on the first member I saw. His name, his face.

Andy Six.

Andy Six?

Andy Six…

“Vocals” it says under Andy’s name.

Where’ve I heard Andy Six’s name before?

“Who is Andy Six?” I asked out loud. I felt like I’ve been wondering that since two nights ago. It didn’t seem very good for me. I felt excited, now, that I know who he is—the lead singer of Black Veil Brides. I just don’t remember why I wanted to know his name, who he was. I wonder why I wanted to know that in the first place.

From the corner of my eye, or rather from the top, I saw Vinnie’s head snap up suddenly. I looked up at him slowly and saw his eyes widen.

“W-what?” I asked.

“Andy Six?” He asked.

“Yes,” I said. “Though… I guess I know who he is… the lead singer of Black Veil Brides. Nothing else…” I shrugged. I looked back down at the screen on my iPod and looked at the information of Black Veil Brides, about to read it, but then Vinnie stood up in a huge, shockingly swift motion. I looked up at him and he looked like he’d just seen a ghost.

I looked up and gave him a weird look. “Ah, are you ok?” I asked.

“Andrea,” He said.

There he goes with my full name again…

“What?” I asked. I then looked back at the screen and saw other myspace pages, I guess? It says “Friend List”. Andy Six has his own. I clicked on it and it came up on it. He’s 37? Holy crap. He looks in pretty good shape to be that old. I saw the name Michelle off at the side and my head felt like it’d been stabbed. I whimpered and grabbed at my head as if it’d make the pain go away, but if anything, it just got worse.

“Andrea,” He said again.

Vinnie… Vinnie…

My head’s going to explode.

I looked down at the iPod now on my bent legs. “Dennis Biersack…”

Andrew Dennis Biersack. That’s his full name.

Michelle? Who’s Michelle?

“What’s wrong?” Vinnie asked, taking my hand in his as he slowly sat down carefully. I sighed and shut my eyes. This pain was unbearable. I don’t know what I’ll do—maybe something crazy, drastic, I dunno. ANYTHING to stop this pain.

But it won’t go.

I bit my lip and shook my head. “It hurts,” I whispered, forcing the words out.

“What does?” He asked, scooting closer to me. Why is it that I don’t feel weird when he touches me or cares so much about me? I’d only met him yesterday and my comfort for him is probably the most unsafe thing I’ve ever experienced.

“My head,” I said.

“Your head?” He asked. I nodded. “Andrea, look at me.

Michelle.

Biersack.

“Who’s Michelle?” I asked, looking at my iPod again, trying to find the spot where I had seen her name on his page. I don’t like skimming or scanning. It takes me an hour.

“Andy Six’s ex wife,” Vinnie said in a low growl. I looked at him. He had a dark expression on his face. I raised an eyebrow. His eyes—the most kindest brown and the most childish but soon-to-be-an-adult face, adorable, loving, friendly… older… similar…

Vinnie.

Vinnie, short for Vincent.

I’ve heard his name before.

“What’s your last name?” I asked him.

“Rydzowski.”

My head may as well have been stabbed a million times right now. I squeezed my eyes shut and bit my lip so hard to keep from screaming that I ended up tasting something strange, like iron, like sour, rusty, different…

Blood.

I think I’ve heard “Rydzowski” once, too. A vision blurred through my closed eyelids, into my brain. The mirror. In the mirror was me. Black dress. Knife to me. Guy behind me, holding the knife. Voices shouting my name.

“Andrea Michelle B—” a voice said. Deep.

“Andy Six would be ecstatic to know you’re alive. For now.


I looked back at the iPod and saw the names Michelle and Biersack.

“Andrea Michelle… Biersack…” I whispered to myself. I suddenly, also, had a vision in my head of people dancing. Winter? I shook my head of the thought. My head wasn’t hurting as much, now. I sighed and rubbed at my forehead.

“What did you say?” Vinnie asked, sounding serious.

I looked at him. What had I said? I wasn’t sure. It just kinda flowed out of my mouth without me really knowing… but I do know what it is. I do. I know what I’d said. It’s clear—or a little bit more clearer. I do have an identity. It can help me find…

That means… if his name is Andrew Dennis Biersack…

And also… my dream…

It has to have been…

I… I can’t be the… who am i? Really?!

Well, I know one thing for sure.

“My name,” I said to him. Vinnie’s eyes widened at me and searched through mine. I held his without faltering. I’m sure that’s my name. I feel like it is. My head’s not hurting anymore, anyways. But that must mean… that I’m…

I’m… Andy Six’s daughter?

And that means… I’m the daughter of the lead singer of Black Veil Brides?

Tears started to form behind my eyes. Vinnie held me immediately—like it was in his nature to comfort me.

This bear… this song…

This song!

Andy Six wrote it for me, maybe…

This headband…

I grabbed my iPod and looked through Andy Six’s pictures. Some were from a while ago—really old pictures, like, years and years old… and I saw one with the same headband around his head. He was with one other person in here—wavy black hair, pale face, badass sort of look, dark eyeliner…

I looked at the caption.

“Max Green and I. My brotha. Miss you. RIP. Good times for sure.”

“Who’s Max Green?” I asked myself.

Vinnie sighed, and I looked at him. He had two hands on his forehead like he was trying to get something straight, too. “Escape the Fate, go look at Escape the Fate.” He mumbled. “Ohmygad…” He muttered. I’ll let him think.

I clicked around through myspaces and found Escape the Fate’s. Interesting. I learned the band member’s names, too. Craig, Monte, Robert, Max.

“Um…? The bassist.”

“Yeah,” He said, sounding kinda strained.

“My head hurts,” I said, finally. Vinnie shot up and ran out my room again and came back with a glass of water and two pills. “What?” I asked, staring at them.

“It’s just ibuprofen. It’ll make your headache go away.” He told me. I nodded and swallowed both pills with the water and sighed. “It won’t work immediately, but it’ll go away in a bit… I promise.” He sat down again and faced in front of me. His eyes never left mine, and mine never left his.

“I had a best friend,” He whispered.

“Yeah…?” I said.

“And her name was Andrea Michelle Biersack.” He said it quickly, and my eyes lowered at what he’d said.

I bit my lip. I knew that was my name…

I looked up at him. “Teach me how to skateboard again.” I said, more or less, I ordered him to do it. “Today.”

He smiled softly, and I softly gasped when I saw a small tear escape one of his eyes. “Anything for my best friend,” He whispered.

“I’m tired,” I whispered.

“Sleep,”

“Ok.”

I lay my head back down and shut my iPod off. He ended up tucking me in and I grabbed Foofa, the teddy bear with the headband…

I guess I’m still a bit confused. I think I still have questions… but they’re some I kinda can’t remember.

But something else was troubling me.

Who was Andy Six?

He’s more than just the lead singer of Black Veil Brides. Hell, the band doesn’t really even exist anymore. They’re like, all dead… except for Andy. How strange. Who was Michelle? It’s such a pretty name. No one at the orphanage was named Andy or Michelle.

And if anyone said “Andy,” The meant it as “Andie”, my nickname.

And Vinnie called me his best friend?

Why?

Does he know something I don’t? Why would he call me his best friend if I’ve never met him a day before yesterday?

That dream I had?

Yeah…

I wish I could see the faces in my dreams. It’d all make more sense and would help me some more.

But he skates.

I don’t know why I thought, well, I just thought… maybe… since I’ve heard Vinnie’s name before sometime in my life, maybe this Vinnie right now was the Vinnie I once knew—or heard of—if there ever was.

Her gut was making a weird sensation. A Gut Feeling. It was also called—I think—Intuition, because I’ve learned that word in school back when I was in that place. I don't know what I'm intuitioning (is that even a word? My oh my ! ) is... like... obviously it's something I'm thinking about... but what? My mind is scattered. Maybe all I need is to sleep some more and things will make a little bit more sense.

But what ever my intuition is...

I think... or... maybe... it's right?

-Intuition-
noun : 1. direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process; immediate apprehension. 2. a fact, truth, etc., perceived in this way. 3. a keen and quick insight. 4. the quality or ability of having such direct perception or quick insight.
♠ ♠ ♠
YEAH SO
I'm reading this gay ass book in English and it's destroying me.
And school's definitely cutting into my Mibba time. :'/
But I at least wrote this weekend, I'm so happy!
Ugh you guys need to comment more. D:<
And subscribe some more.
But comments are a must.
Or I die inside.

I already know what shall happen next chapter. :D
Kaythanksbai.<3