Status: Slow irregular updates

The Writers Weren't Kidding About How All Good Things Must End

So Show Me What You Got, You Children Of The Gun

Whisper's P.O.V.

His face was as white as paper and his eyes were the size of dinner plates.
"Whisper?" he whispered.
I gave a small smile. He reached out and gently touched my face. He quickly pulled his hand away and took a step back.
"You can't be!" he cried.
His eyes looked almost...tormented. Like seeing me was like being in pain. More tears slipped out and he shook his head. He looked at the ground, then his whole figure snapped up and he was no longer tormented. He was angry. Very angry.

"What the fuck has he done to you?!" he snarled.
I frowned, confused. My tears dried up and I tilted my head to the side.
"I'm sorry?" I asked.
"He fucking destroyed you!" he shouted.
I reflexively flinched and Michael noticed. His hands were in fists by his side.
"Did he touch you? Did he hit you? Tell me if he fucking hit you and I'll pummel him into the fucking ground!" he hissed.
Michael was very protective over me, and he hates our father.
"No, he hasn't hit me. He just yells, that's all," I said softly.
His eyes softened and he stepped close to me and wrapped me in a big hug. I smiled and gave him a big hug back. I loved my brother so much; it almost killed me, not seeing him every day.
"Whisp, you've changed. I don't like it," he murmured in my ear.
"I have not," I rebuked.
"You probably haven't noticed it, but I do. That's why no one recognised you at the airport. Your weight has changed-" my heart fluttered anxiously. Was I fat? "-your hair has changed, your figure has changed, your eyes have changed, your face has changed, your voice has changed and your personality changed. I'm not sure who you are anymore," he said sadly, pulling away and looking at me.
I looked to the ground dejectedly. I was definitely fatter and I got uglier. I looked back up at Michael and he gave me a look.
"See! That's what I mean! Six months ago you were bouncing happily all over the walls! You're not happy anymore...I can see it in your eyes. You’ve changed Whisp…” he said sadly.
“I just…grew up I guess. I couldn’t spend months moping around after you guys all left. I had to do something, so I got more deeply involved in sports,” I said quietly.
“WHISPER! What the hell is taking so long?! And who is our goddamned visitor?!” I heard my father yell from the kitchen.
My brother’s face twisted into an ugly scowl at the sound of our fathers’ voice.
“I’m coming now Dad!” I called back.
I bent to grab Michael’s bag but he stopped me.
“It’s fine, I’ve got it,” he said, brushing my hand away and hefting it up over his shoulder.
I bit my lip and nodded.

I turned to let him pass and he walked through. He whistled lowly and looked around in awe.
“Nice place! This must’ve cost a pretty penny,” Michael remarked.
“It’s mine. Dad’s is elsewhere. I paid for it myself,” I said proudly.
Michael gaped at me.
“Holy fuck! B-but this place must’ve cost at least 2 million dollars!” Michael exclaimed.
“Only a million actually. Got it for a bargain because it was apparently ‘haunted’ and the woman recognized me and said that my autograph and a million would be enough. Plus Mum won the lottery back over in Australia and transferred a million to me. I used it to buy this place,” I explained.
“Christ, you got the good end of the deal…” Michael muttered, still glancing around.
I nodded and walked into the kitchen.
“Finally! God, what took you so long?!” Dad growled at me, with his back turned.
“Hello Father,” Michael spat.

Our father froze and slowly turned around. His blue eyes blazed with a hidden icy, fury, fuelled by years of hatred. Our father crossed his big bulky arms across his chest and glared at Michael.
“Get the fuck out of my house,” Dad hissed venomously.
“No!” I cried, gripping onto Michael’s forearm as tight as I could.
I looked up at Michael pleadingly. He’d just gotten here, he couldn’t leave yet. Michael, however, paid no attention and dropped his bag on the floor, before leaning against a wall. Our fathers’ muscles twitched in his face and arms.
“I said, get the fuck out of my house! Now go before I call up my good friend in the police department and have you arrested for trespassing,” Dad threatened.
“NO! Dad! Stop it!” I pleaded, looking at him desperately.
Michael placed his hands on my shoulders.
“This is not your house Jackson, it is Whisper’s and it doesn’t seem like she wants me to leave,” Michael snarled, using our fathers name.
“Whisper is an ignorant, stupid, spoilt brat who doesn’t need you. Now get the fuck off my property!” shouted Dad angrily.
Michael shoved me aside and stormed over to our father, his hands already forming fists.
“NO! Mikey! Don’t! Please don’t!” I cried, running over and grabbing his arm, and yanking him away.
Michael glared at our father hatefully with the same blue eyes.
“Don’t you fuckin’ dare say that about Whisper ever again, or I swear, I won’t be able to be stopped,” Michael said, his voice quavering in anger.
I could feel the tension in his muscles and I knew he wanted nothing more than for me to let go so he could hit him in the face.
“Mikey, please, just let it go,” I begged.
Michael looked down at me and then breathed deeply. Our father stared hatefully at Michael and then glared at me. I quickly looked down and he scoffed.
“Whisper, your choice. Do you want your oaf of a brother who abandons you for months on end without any communication or your father who has been there for you your entire life, feeding you, caring for you, making you into the person you’ve become?” my father asked.
“She’s nothing but a broken wreck! You’ve done nothing but destroy her!” Michael scoffed, putting his arm protectively around my shoulders.
“Shut up boy,” my father snarled in reply, before glaring at me.
I flinched away from his glare and wrapped my arms around Michael’s waist, pushing my face into his chest, trying to protect myself from the inevitable verbal assault I was about to receive. Michael’s arms locked themselves into place around my back, protecting me against our father.
“If that’s the way you want to play it. Fine. I’ll see you in the pool at 6 am tomorrow morning. You are no longer my daughter; you’re nothing but an athlete-in-training. Since there are no longer any family ties between us I won’t be so kind to you anymore. Goodbye,” Dad said before walking out.
The door slammed on his way out and I flinched.

“Sorry Whisp, I didn’t mean to lose my temper like that…he just…gets under my skin so easily,” Michael apologized.
I shrugged and pulled away from Michael’s protective frame.
“It’s fine. He’ll cool off in a couple of days and come back anyway. Now, would you like some dinner?” I asked.
“Dinner’d be great,” Michael said giving me a weak smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God...is this...an...an update?! XD
Yeah guys, sorry for the time span length thing between updates.
My main focus is on my other story These Bright Lights Have Blinded Me, but don't worry, I'm not giving up on this story, I'm just very slowly active. Hopefully updates will be more frequent than almost 3 months per chapter but, I just don't know at this point.
Anyway; thanks and shout outs go out to:
rivals are insane Girl, I love you. You always take the time to comment and make me happy =]
Lyrical Liar And I love you too, thanks for commenting and making me happy =]
Everyone should be like you two :)

Title credit: Destroya by My Chemical Romance