Status: This takes the place of Season 6 and all those that follow. Hence why JJ's still here.

Locating the Love She Never Had

Fine

When the plane rolled into Milwaukee it was late. The plane was ten minutes late.

That was the worst ride ever, Matnson thought. Riding to California was better then this.

Reid stepped out into the aisle. KT and Callie stepper out behind him. Jeremy then stepped out with Matnson and Lucy behind him. At the baggage line the guys went up to gather the luggage.

"Leash, can Callie spend the night?" KT asked.
"Fine," Matnson answered.

The guys came back with the luggage and handed the bags to the rightful owners.

"Jer, is it alright if Callie spends the night?" Matnson asked.
"No."

"But Jeremy," Callie complained.
"No."
"But please?"

Matnson knew that voice. Her tone.

'Please Mom?' she begged.
'No you can't stay home alone.'
'But-'
'No. No is no. No further discussion.'

"Jeremy, it'd fine with my mom. Really," Matnson said quickly.

He looked at her strangely.

"Really," she said.
"Alright," he said giving in.

"Thank you Jeremy," Callie chimed.

Matnson too in a deep breath. She sighed, knowing she did the right thing. Out of instinct she rented a black SUV. Plus it comfortably fit KT, Callie, Matnson, and Reid, plus luggage. When they arrived home Matnson told KT and Callie to go to KT's room and be quiet. There was a loud noise in the kitchen. Both Matnson and Reid reached for the gun neither of them had. They looked at each other. A possible intruder and their were unarmed. Just then Ms. Matnson stepped out of the kitchen.

"Oh my God Mom," Matnson said. "You scared the crap outta me."

Her mother laughed lightly.

"I'm sorry Leasha."

"Matnson clenched her jaw and curled her fist. She took a silent deep breath.

"It's fine, Mom. Uh, this is Spencer."

Reid waved at Ms. Matnson.

"Shake her hand," Matnson said in a harsh whisper.

Reid did as he was told.

"Oh, ah, Callie, KT's friend, is spending the night here."
"Did you ask me?"
"Mom-"
"Did you?"
"No but-"
"But what?"
"She didn't want to go home. You could hear it in her voice. It's one night."
"How do you know this girl isn't a bad influence?"
"She's Jeremy Zander's little sister."
"Oh! Where does Callie live?"
"Two houses down."
"Good. Good. Well I'm going to go to bed. Don't be up too late."
"Good night Mom."

Matnson turned to Reid.

"I'm missing one of my bags," she lied. "I'll go see if Jeremy or Lucy took it. I'll be back shortly."

Matnson stepped outside and walked tow houses to her left. She knocked lightly on the door. An older man, who reminded her a bit of her own father, opened the door. Of course she did know who he was.

"Hello," Mr. Zander said.
"Hello. Is Jeremy there?" she asked.

"Jeremy," the old man hollered, "there is beautiful girl here to see you."

The compliment made Matnson feel uncomfortable. She shifted her feet and bit her lip. The fifteen seconds it took Jeremy to come to the felt like hours. After realizing who it was he ushered his father inside and shut the door.

"What is it Leash?" he asked.
"It's Callie."
"Is she being trouble?"
"No. You know the way she begged you to let her stay with us? That's how I used to beg my mother to let me stay home alone."
"Do you think-?"
"Yes. I think you or Becky-"
"Rebecca."
"-should talk to her."
"I'll tell Rebecca. God, why didn't I notice it?"
"Why did your parents split?" she asked abruptly.
"They didn't. My mother was murdered."
"Oh my God! Who would do such a thing?"
"WE don't know. It's unsolved.

Matnson went into a hidden panic.

"I should go. Ya know, before some one gets worried. Bye Jer. Be safe."
"Bye Leash."

She took off for her house and locked the door behind her.

"Did you find it?" Reid asked.

Matnson jumped.

"Oh my God," she said.

Her heart was racing. Her breathing audible.

"You look shaken."
"It's fine."
"Did you find it?"
"Find what?
"The luggage."
"Uh, no. I'll call the airline in the morning."
"All right."
"Oh, uh, I hope it's alright with you that we only have one free bed."
"Does it bother you?"
"Not really."
"It's okay then."

He gave Matnson a soft, sweet kiss as they headed for her old room.