Status: Incomplete and not being continued.

One Sail

01/03

“Baby,” his soft voice murmured into my ear.

“Hmm?” my body rolled over to meet the wall. With a groan, I reached up to feel the bump already forming on my forehead. He let out a soft chuckle near my ear. “Shut up,” I mumbled into the pillow. Arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his warm chest. As he continued to laugh, the pillow left its place under my head to hit him in the face.

“Oh come on,” he said, “You would have laughed if it was me.”

I didn’t say anything. Sadly, he was right. My only words were, “Go away,” as I rolled over so I was facing him. Instead, he pressed his lips to my forehead. “Clint…” My eyes peeked up at his soft smile, white gauges, messy black hair, and gorgeous eyes.

“Yes?”

I shut my eyes and said to the pillow, “Go break a computer with your gorgeous face.” Realizing what he would think of, I added, “Not mine.”

He huffed, “You’re no fun.”

A light smile graced my face. “So I shouldn’t tell you where we’re going today?” My eyes looked up into his, “You know. ‘Cause I’m no fun.” His whimper in my ear sent heat to my face. It was the one where I knew what was coming.

“Please, Mar?” He began to kiss my neck. I could feel his tongue lick at my sweet spot. I pressed my lips together to hold in a moan. He lightly nipped along my collar bone. Why did I choose to wear the one nightshirt I have with a rip along the neck? “Mar…?” he whined in a throaty voice. My shoulder leaned into his lips after he brushed the shirt off it. His hands traveled lower from my waist. “Last chance to tell me…” he trailed off while his hand brushed my hip under my nightshirt.

“We’re going to go see my grandpa on the boat,” I blurted out. He pulled away immediately, smiling wide.

“The boat?!” he asked with excitement. I nodded lightly. “To go see your grandpa?” Nodding again, I watched as he jumped out of the small twin bed rimmed with rainbow Christmas lights and danced around the room. Sometimes it worried me how childish he was, but he was worth it.

I sat up and laughed when he picked up our dog Mickey and danced with her. The poor pup had no idea what was going on. When she was safely back on the floor, Clint leaned down to say, “The boat, Mick! And Grandpa Teddy! Can you believe it?” Even more laughs escaped my lips when the Australian Shepherd pup walked away from Clint’s overly excited face. When he looked back at me, he asked, “When are we leaving?”

I smiled back at him, “We should leave here around eleven and the port around noon.”

He hugged me from my place on the bed. “Thank you! I’m gonna go eat.” And with a kiss on the forehead, he went to the kitchen. I chuckled to myself and climbed out of bed to pull on flannel pajama pants. He sure was something. My feet found their way to the cold surface of the linoleum. Clint stood in there, the fridge door blocking his upper half. Mickey got off her bed to lick my feet.

“Hey, girl,” I cooed as I held her in my arms. “You want something to eat?” We went over to where the cabinet that held her food was and her furry body left my arms as I put her down on the floor. When she started to dig into her food, I turned around to see Clint.

A laugh left my lips as my hands reached for my camera on the counter. The camera clicked and Clint looked over, milk still running down his chin. His long legs carried him next to me while I looked at the picture I had just taken.

“You’re all black and white,” I giggled.

“And you’re all adorable,” he kissed my cheek before putting the milk back in the fridge and walking down the hall to the bathroom. Blush reached where he had just kissed. Mickey barked once. My eyes gazed down to her face looking up at me with curious eyes.

“Yes, I know. I’m a very lucky girl.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one.
Comment&Subscribe?