Killjoys Make Some Noise.

22.

“Lovely,” Ray smiled.

Gerard woke up when they were changing over, it was taking longer than expected but only by about 2 hours. They still had another 18 hours with about another 3 hours to go and another 9 hours to get back which leaves them 6 hours.

“Okay, Ray can you sit in the back with him while I drive?” Frank asked as Gerard remained in the back seat.

“Nope, I'll drive but you'll drive for 6 hours on the way back.” Ray smiled.

“Thanks,” Frank smiled as he patted the back of Ray's shoulder. “Oh shit, look.” Frank pointed ahead to see a swarm of zombies stagger down the road about 100 meters away.

“Shit, okay we can kill them or drive through them.” Ray said looking at Frank.

“Kill them, even if we drive through them they can still follow us or climb into the car.” Gerard said as he joined into the conversation as he picked up his gun and loaded it.

“Okay, it's only about 30 of them.” Frank nodded his head as he took out his gun, as did Ray.

Ray and Frank stood in the middle of the road, holding their guns up. Gerard stood on the car's hood with a fag hanging out his mouth and sunglasses on, he can see better that way. Gerard just waited until they were 50 meters away before he shouted to everyone to start shouting. Frank and Ray listened to Gerard's commands and started shooting anywhere in their direction. The zombies were getting closer and closer by the second and it was much more than 30, At least 50.

“Abort,” Gerard screamed as he jumped in the car and waited for Ray to get in to start the car. Thankfully he did, Frank jumped in the back with Gerard and Ray started to car and quickly drove away just as the zombies were about to jump onto the car.

“That was close,” Frank smiled as he looked back and saw the zombies trying to chase them, but failing miserably.

“Yeah, we all okay?” Ray asked and everyone nodded.

During the car journey Frank was perched up against the side of the car with his legs up on all the seats. Gerard was lying on top of him, his head lying on his chest with his fingers playing with the zip on Frank's jacket. Ray was keeping his eyes on the road, his sunglasses on not really wanting to pay attention to what was happening behind him.

“Do you think Mikey will be okay?” Gerard asked as he looked up at Frank.

“If everything goes to plan, then yeah I do.” Frank smiled as he twisted his fingers between Gerard's hair and kisses the top of his head.

“I just want you to know, that if anything is to happen to me. Then don't look back, just keep going.” Gerard said as he reached into Frank's jeans pocket and pulled out his cigarettes, lit one up for him and lit one up for Frank.

“Don't talk like that, you're going to make it through this. I promise you, and when we save Mikey and are all sent away from here I'm going to look after you.” Frank soothing said as he placed his head on top of Gerard's.

“No, you've also lost your family, it's selfish of me to ask of that. I'm going to look after you,” Gerard grinned, the first genuine time since Mikey was alive.

“We'll look after each other.” Frank grinned as he wrapped his arm around Gerard, Gerard nodded as he closed his eyes as he finished his cigarette.

2 hours later Ray woke Frank up since they were now in Lynona, but they let Gerard sleep for a while. Frank sat up, careful of Gerard, and looked out. The town was quiet, it was about dinner time so the sun was setting. There was hardly any zombies though, like none at all. That's so strange.

“How do you suppose we find this Bryar?” Frank asked lighting up a cigarette.

“I don't know, why is there no dead here?” Ray asked looking around the strange town.

“Why are you complaining about it?” Frank said as he examined everything.

The town was pretty much built on sand, but it was more dusty. It was strange, all the houses were like cottages, there was no blood anywhere, no zombies. I mean it was a blessing they don't have to deal with the dead for a little while, but it's so strange.