Killjoys Make Some Noise.

23.

They drove up the sandy road and finally stopped when they were in the middle. Frank gently woke Gerard up and told him they were there and he was fully alert then. They jumped out the car and made sure to load their jackets with guns. Gerard sleepily looked around to try and find some help on where they would find Mr. Bryar.

“Jesus fuck, people? Who are you?” All their eyes were directed to a man who appeared through the dust. His image was blurry until he got closer.

“Oh, are you Mr. Bryar?” Frank asked looking at the man.

“God no,” the man said. Frank looked at this man, he was wearing huge goggles that covered half his face, and he was very small, smaller than Frank. “I live with him though, who are you? You're not infected are you?”

“No, we're the Killjoys would it be possible to see Mr. Bryar?” Ray asked.

“Oh I've heard about yous, yes follow me.” The man smiled as he started to scuttle his way around. The Killjoys followed him into a small cottage; inside was filled with things hanging from the ceiling. Like beads, or skulls, bones, eyes it crept the fuck out of everyone. “Excuse all the terrifying things, though it confuses the zombies if they see it and feel threatened apparently. We don't actually know that yet,”

“Oh, but there are no zombies.” Gerard pointed out but got no answer.

They were led into a small room where a man sat at his desk, he was cutting something up. But he turned around almost as soon as they walked into the room. The Killjoys examined the man before they took another step. Even though it was pretty dark in the room, you could tell he had like, a dirty blonde coloured hair. Half his face was covered with long stubble and he had a lip piercing. The man stood up and walked under a light where they noticed he had these huge blue eyes.

“Ah, you must be the Killjoys, I'm Mr. Bryar but you can call me Bob.” Bob stuck out his hand and Gerard shook it.

“Nice to meet you, I'm Gerard, that's Frank and there is Ray.” Gerard said pointing to everyone. “A woman named Ms. Ellis said that you'd be able to help us and that I've to give you this.” Gerard reached into his pocket and pulled out the little piece of paper before handing it to Bob.

“Ah I see come sit.” Bob said once he had read it.

They all sat around a small table under a little head light. Bob lit up a cigarette and so did Gerard and Frank. There were a few moments of silence before Frank spoke, “so can you help us?”

“What do you want?” Bob asked flicking the ash off his cigarette.

“Well my brother was shot with tetrodotoxin and we were told you can make an antidote to cure it.” Gerard calmly said before biting his lip.

“Ah yeah I can make you one. But I must warn you, there is a high chance that if you give this to your brother then it will only poison him so he's a zombie. Also, I need to catch a zombie, cut it open before I can make it.” Bob rambled.

“How long will it take?” Ray asked.

“If I start now and don't stop, between 4 and 5 hours.” Bob said

“Okay, well we have 24 hours and it takes 18 hours car journey total. So that leaves 6 hours so it should be fine.” Gerard said as a faint smile came across his face. “If we help will it get it done even quicker?”

“Yeah, first go out walk a few miles until you find a zombie, kill it and bring it back. Don't harm its stomach though.” Bob ordered.

Nodding their heads the Killjoys stood up and walked out the house. When they were outside they couldn't see very far due to all the dust in the sky. That didn't matter though, they walked into their car and started it. Gerard sat in the driver's seat and turned on the engine. Frank sat on the boot with his legs resting on the seats; he had his gun up, waiting to find a zombie. Ray was doing the same except at the other side.
*

“Miss, apologies to say this. However, wouldn't the Killjoys know that if they revive Mikey and give in which means you can blow up everything. That is just going to kill them, so what's the point? Why don't you blow everything up now?” A man asked Ms. Ellis.

“I'm not that stupid; I know they have a plan. I would blow this shit hole up, but I need the antidote that they have to repair the fucking machine. Now, I know they'll probably try and kill me when they return, and they might succeed if we don't think on our feet. So that's why I'm one step ahead of them, as usual.” Ms. Ellis smirked as she filed her nails.

“What are you thinking?” He asked.

“Well, both of us need the antidote. So they're going to do anything to give it to Mikey and I'm going to do everything to get it off them. Even if that means feeding them to the zombies.” Ms. Ellis giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short.
Hope you like it.

Zoe xx