Killjoys Make Some Noise.

24.

The Killjoys were in the car for about 20 minutes before they ran into a bunch on zombies. Who looking like they were eating some sort of animal, looked like a dog from the looks of it. Gerard instantly halted when he saw this. He sat up from his seat and held his gun up to aim.

“Don't ruin the stomach,” Frank reminded Gerard nodded as he pulled the trigger.

One of the zombies keeled over and died, though the others noticed and looked up at Gerard. Ray then jumped into the front seat where he helped Gerard kill them from the safety of their car.

“Frank, go get the one with the nicest stomach.” Gerard instructed as he sat back down and turned the engine on.

Frank didn't say a word but got out the car and ran over. Examining them all he eventually picked one up, he was a little cautious about it, but why wouldn't you be? He flung it in the back seat next to Ray before getting in. Gerard then started driving back to the abandoned dusty town.

“We have one,” Gerard said as he walked into the hut with a dead zombie flung over his shoulder. “A woman,” Gerard said as Bob took her and placed her across the table they were drinking off before.

“Excellent work, her stomach seems usable. Great, this will take a while so yous can do whatever you like.” Bob smiled as he opened a drawer and pulled out a small knife.

The Killjoys decided to leave him alone so he can get the work done. Though they didn't really know what to do for the next few hours, no point in going far because a zombie could come and kill him. Then Mikey wouldn't be able to live. So they sat in their car and pulled out the food from their bag.

“Everything will be okay, Gerard.” Frank smiled as he handed Gerard a can of beans.

“Yeah I'm starting to believe it more. Quick question, why beans?” Gerard asked giggling at the can.

“Well everything was out of date, but I have a can opener don't worry.” Frank laughed as he pulled out a can opener and everyone opened their beans. “Though I don't have cutlery,” Frank shrugged as he poured the beans into his mouth.

“They taste disgusting,” Ray smiled as he continued to eat them.

The Killjoys sat there eating their beans and smoking. They were just laughing about everything; they all still had hope for Mikey. Especially Gerard, you could see it in him, he knew that Mikey would survive and he would do anything make sure that he does.

“You've got to appreciate the small times that make you smile.” Ray said as he pulled out a chocolate bar.

“Very true,” Frank agreed and Gerard nodded his head.

“I'm going to go and see if Bob needs anything and ask him a few things.” Gerard said as he got out the car and walked into the cottage.

“Should we go?” Frank asked.

“No, he'll want to ask about Mikey and stuff, give him some space.” Ray said as he bit into the chocolate.

Gerard stood next to Bob as he was working away. Even though Gerard has no idea what he was trying to do he pulled up a chair and sat next to him. “Hey, need a hand?” Gerard asked.

“No thank you,” Bob smiled.

“Oh, okay. Em, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?”

“Go for it,” Bob smiled at him.

“Thanks, well why there aren’t any zombies in this town?” Gerard asked peeking out through the window.

“There is no blood here, I made sure of that. Zombies are attracted by blood and other zombies. That's why we've got to be careful here, it will take them about an hour to get here so I've got to hurry up.” Bob said as he cut into the zombie.

“Okay, another one. What's the chance that my brother will be a zombie?”

“I'll go through it for you; you've got to inject this into your brother's neck. It will take roughly three to four hours for it to kick in. So if he wakes up and his eyes are at the back of his head, shoot him. If he wakes up and looks very confused he's fine. Side effects; throwing up, passing out, temporary memory loss that should last for about an hour.” Bob spoke as he concentrated on the zombie. “Oh, I know Ms. Ellis so I've giving you two doses of this, she'll want a dose. She won’t tell you, so if you lose one you'll still have another. Be sure to hide one,” Bob smiled at Gerard.

“Thank you, for everything.” Gerard placed his hand on Bob's shoulder.

“My pleasure,”

“Guys, this isn't so good come out here.” Frank shouted through.

“I can't go, I can't leave this spot. Go see what he's talking about.”

Gerard did as he was told and ran out, he looked into the horizon. “Holy shit.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter <3