Killjoys Make Some Noise.

31.

“Okay, Frank are you staying or going?” Mikey asked as everyone looked at Frank.

“Staying,” Frank mumbled as he bit the tip of his thumb.

“Okay, Ray?” Mikey asked Ray.

“I'm going,” Ray said.

“Gerard?” Mikey looked at Gerard.

“Leaving,” Gerard mumbled as he rolled his eyes.

“Okay, I'm staying here. I'm not giving up what we started. So Gerard and Ray, you're leaving while I and Frank stay?” Mikey stated.

“Mikey, you're coming home with me.” Gerard ordered.

“No Gerard, I'm not. My home was back in New Jersey with everyone else. But that's not there anymore, so I don't have a home now, I may as well stay here. Anyway, Frank needs company and he'll look after me.” Mikey faced Frank, Frank gave a simple nod. “I'll be fine,” Mikey smiled.

“Mikey, I lost you once I can't afford to lose you twice.” Gerard sadly said.

“You're technologically not losing me; I'll still be alive but here.” Mikey smiled as he sat beside Frank. “So, what now?” Mikey asked.

“I guess we stay here.” Gerard said as he sat down on top of a box.

Hardly anyone spoke for a while, Mikey had brief conversations with Ray but that was it. Frank and Gerard would just steal glares at each other. I don't know if they were actually mad, or they just wanted to make this whole situation a whole lot easier. Either way, it wasn't working very well. After about an hour Gerard stood up and sat beside Frank.

“Yes, Gerard?” Frank asked glaring at Gerard.

“I just wanted to apologise about shouting at you. I just wanted to make the whole situation better,” Gerard shrugged.

“What situation?” Frank asked.

“Y'know, with you leaving and us probably not going to see each other again. Look, I was just hoping that we could all leave and then when we were in Europe we could, like, act like a proper couple. Obviously you had other plans, but I thought it would be pretty awesome to be able to do that without zombies getting in the way. But either way, it's your choice; I guess I'm just saying. If you stay here, I'll miss you. So much,” Gerard sighed as he looked down at his fingers that were fidgeting.

“I know,” Frank said after a long pause, he averted his eyes to Gerard. “I'm going to miss you so much as well; it would be amazing to be able to be together. But Gerard, I have to do what I have to do.” Frank sighed as he pushed his hair out his face.

“I know, I know.” Gerard sighed as he took out a cigarette and handed one to Frank where they both lit it up. “Just, take care of Mikey for me.” Gerard said, “He means too much to me.”

“His life will always come first, I promise.” Frank said before kissing Gerard's cheek and taking his hand in his and laced them together.

“Frank, who am I kidding? Please come with us? I'm begging you, you're just going to die here and I couldn't have that on my conscience that I just left you here. Please?” Gerard begged gripping onto Frank's hand, Frank looked at Gerard sympathetically.

“I have no reason to live there,” Frank mumbled as he rubbed the back of Gerard's hand with his thumb.

“You have me, Ray and Mikey if he changes his mind. You have the chance to live, please?” Gerard begged getting really frustrated.

“I'm sorry, Gerard.” Frank sighed as he kneeled up, kissed the top of Gerard's head before standing up and walking over to Ray.

Gerard remained sitting at the wall; he desperately wanted everyone to go with him back to safety. There is no reason for them to be here, they have to live. Gerard couldn't see through that, I guess he was so obsessed with the idea that he might be able to live happily with his brother, best friend and boyfriend that he didn't think about what everyone else would say. Though, it isn't likely that if you were in a zombie invasion and you have the choice of staying or leaving to safety that you would stay. But the fact that his brother is staying! He has to do everything possible to convince him to leave.

“Mikey, come here.” Gerard said as he looked up at Mikey. Mikey walked over to his side of the room and sat beside his brother. “Please, don't go.” Gerard said as he looked into Mikey's eyes.

“Gerard, I have to. Frank, he will need company.” Mikey said sighing quietly.

“No, you don't have to. Mikey, we just travelled for miles to save your fucking ass and you are just going to get yourself killed again? Mikey if you leave I'll probably never see you again and I couldn't bare that.” Gerard ranted not taking his eyes off Mikey.

“Look, if Frank miraculously changes his mind, I'll leave, if not, then I stay. I'm sorry,” Mikey gave Gerard a quick hug before standing up again and walked over, looking for something. “We got any food?” Mikey asked looking around the place.

“No, there might be some canned shite in the kitchen upstairs. Have a look,” Ray said as he handed Mikey a gun. Mikey nodded as he put on his leather jacket, walked up the stairs, opened the door and left.

Gerard placed his head in the palms of his hands. He could hear Frank and Ray argue over something, though their voices were reduced to a quiet mutter. Gerard wasn't interested anyway; he needed to think of a way for Frank to change his mind in just a few hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to everyone so far who has read this <3

Zoe xx