Just another emo freak. Is that all I ever was?

Chapter 2

Mike sighed as he went to open his locker. He knew he should just pretend she didn't exist because his world and hers where never meant to meet.

Helena ran through the crowded halls scowling. Mike was a boy who could blow her reality too pieces, she thought to herself as she passed her escape -- the exit doors. Today she'd stay in school a little longer...if not all day. She felt air whoosh out of her suddenly. Disorientated she looked up trying to focus on the blob in front of her. "Are you okay?" Someone asked. Helena didn't answer, the world she had just entered didn't let her. Everything was hazy looking and spinning. "My face hurts." She mumbled holding her head in her hands trying unsuccessfully to stop the spinning. The person standing in front of her chuckled nervously. He picked her up off the ground. "I'm so sorry...I-I..." Helena wasn't even listening to his nervous chatter anymore.

"Oh my! What happened?" She heard a worried voice ask as they walked into a room. "People running plus not paying attention equals 'face hurting'." He mumbled sheepishly, sitting down in a plastic chair. "Hmp", was Helena's only reaction to his so called explanation of why her face hurt.

"Oh my you got one bruise." The nurse exclaimed setting an ice pad on it delicately. Helena winced as pain shot through her. "Blame it on that blob sitting over there." Helena said pointing to where he was sitting. "I have a name you know." He said hotly. "Oh look it talks." The nurse chuckled as she left to write passes. "I'm sorry. It just it really hurts." She mumbled. Her vision was still a little cloudy as she tried standing up.

"Sorry about that." He apologized for the hundredth time since they left the nurses office. "Dude it's fine." She said walking a little faster trying to control her growing agitation. Helena turned the corner going into the guy’s bathroom to check the damage done. "Wow", she whispered biting her lips. "Can my day get any worse?" She asked herself as she stared at the purplish bluish mark on her for head. She sighed again turning away from the mirror and plopping on the counter. Helena put her head in her hands ignoring his stares. "What are you still doing here?" She asked irritated. He didn't answer just looked at her getting up and headed out the door, unfortunately bumping into Jacob. "What the-?" He looked up confused."Guy’s bathroom? You?!" Helena pushed passed him ignoring his questions. Jacob just stared after her surprised. His attitude quickly changed as he spotted Aiden leaning on the counter. Aiden looked up sighing as he lifted himself off the counter heading to his second period class. Jacob just glared as Aiden made his way out. Reasons being no snide remarks were made: One - you don't mess with the Hamptons and win. Two - he was Mike's brother. Jacob looked at himself in the mirror cringing at his reflection. He was wearing a polo and tight fitting faded jeans. Jock! His head screamed. Oh well, He thought to himself. They can't find out.

Helena stopped in front of room 200, opening the door, she entered quietly. Helena handed the lady her pass. The lady rudely took it eyeing her. "Bitch." Helena mumbled walking to the back of the room. The teacher just glared at her. It looked more like she was sleeping, but whatever suits her. Oooo I'm so intimidated! Helena thought sliding into her desk dropping her canvas bag with a thud on the ground. Every one turned to look at her, but she just ignored the stares, plopping her books on her desk. Ms. Bitch just rolled her eyes...formally known as Ms. err Ms. Milian at least that's what it said on the board. What was this grade school? "See me after class Tessa." She squeaked. "Whatever." Helena mumbled.

"Today we're starting the World War One (partner) projects I told you all about on the first day." She informed us, the student body groaned in response. “This presentation needs to include causes, statistics, technology advances, and so on. Understood?" She asked picking up a paper off her desk. Someone’s hand shot up. "Before you ask no you cannot pick your own partners." The boy's hand lowered as he groaned. "Rene, Aiden. Michael, Rebeca. Tom, Fionna." She went on and on finally finishing up. "And Tessa, Jacob." Jacob looked around the room for a 'Tessa'. "Who the hell is Tessa?" He asked confused. "Can you not call me Tessa!" Helena screamed at the same time Jacob spoke. "Get to work class!" Ms. Milian ordered ignoring both Helena and Jacob.

Jacob and Helena eyed each other wearily. Rebeca gave her a quirky little smile mouthing 'Smile because frowning is so overrated'. Helena just rolled her eyes trying unsuccessfully to hide her smile. Rebeca in response clapped triumphantly which earned glares from the jocks. Rebeca just blushed and looked down at her notebook quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so it took me like forever to update. Since what May? Sad thing is I have like seven chapters already written for this.

Anyway, thank you to those that subscribed, much appreciated.

Well just so you guys know I'll be changing the layout for this story soon. I find the dots quite distracting. Maybe it's just me. *shrugs*

I have banners and all that good stuff, but if any of you guys would like to make a banner I'd appreciate it very much.

Ummm I think that's it. I'll try updating more often. Thanks again guys (well gals)! X]]

X Bam