Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

She Was A Hurricane, But Now She's Just A Gust Of Wind

I was sitting in my bedroom reading the latest issue of Cosmopolitan when my roommate burst through my door.

"Caty! Caty! Caty!" Screamed Amanda.

"You almost gave me a heart attack! What is it?" I asked gasping and clutching my chest.

"I got the internship in Phoenix!" She squealed.

I immediately sprang from my bed and squeezed her tightly.

"Congratulations! I'm so proud of you." I told her.

"Thank you so much! Now I just have to tell the guys." She grinned as she scurried out of my room, leaving me to myself again.

'The guys' were her friends that were in a band, and others. She'd grown up with them in this town, while I had just moved here for college two years ago. Amanda and I met in our political sciences class. We were almost opposites, but somehow we ended up being best friends and roommates.

I had never really had an interest in meeting her friends. I wasn't very good with meeting new people, especially not guys. Sure, Amanda had dolled me up occasionally for a party here and there but I didn't really fit in with that scene. They were the kind to get drunk a lot and I never touched alcohol due to previous encounters.

I was quiet and shy around people I didn't know very well. It's hard for me to really open up to people. I've only had one real boyfriend in my life and it's not something I talk about.

Bottom line, I'm a little anti-social. But I wasn't always this way.

Amanda came back into my room with a look on her face similar to the one that a dog gets when he knows he has done something wrong.

"Caty?" She asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"What?" I groaned knowing that this couldn't be good. She must be dragging me to some party.

"I need you to do me a huge favor."

"What is it?"

"Would you...maybe...possibly...go on tour with the guys and do merch for me?"

Absolutely no way in hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! Comment and subscribe! What do you think happened with the ex- boyfriend? I'm really excited to start this story!