Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

Caught On A One-Way Street

"Hey John, are you ready to go out to dinner?" I asked sauntering into the hotel room.

"Sorry Cat. I can't." He answered. I noticed he had his suitcase in one hand.

"Where are you going?" I asked with my lip quivering.

"Back home to my Daisy."
-------------------------------------------------
I awoke with a start from the terrifying dream.

Oh god. I feel so freaking guilty. I've been a horrible girlfriend. I've been distant and snoopy. John has been nothing but sweet to me and I'm the complete opposite.

I have to tell him. He deserves to know. Oh god, he's going to hate me. I couldn't help but remember what Jared told me yesterday at Independence Hall.

"Hey Jared?" I asked.

"What's up?" He replied while looking at a collection of junky toys from the gift shop.

"Um, who's Daisy?" I asked him hesitantly.

He instantly became uninterested in the souvenirs and looked at me.

"Why?" He asked.

"I was just wondering..." I trailed off quietly.

"Has John said anything about her?"

"Well no, I just-"

"Don't bring her up," He cut me off "He'll tell you in time."

I just bit my lip and nodded.

What was the big mystery about this girl?

I snapped back from my memory when I saw John walk onto the bus.

"Hey, I got you some swedish fish." He stated handing me the bag.

He took a seat next to me and planted a sweet kiss on my cheek.

I became so overwhelmed with the sweet gesture that tears sprung into my eyes.

"Thank you." I said in a wavering voice.

"What's wrong?" He asked from next to me.

I just shook my head and tried to swallow the lump in my throat. I couldn't blink back the tears any longer and they started to escape.

"I'm sorry," I choked out.

"What are you sorry for, baby?" He asked as he wrapped his arms around me in an attempt to calm me down.

"I-I'm the worst girlfriend ev-ver." I hiccuped.

"What are you talking about?" John asked looking genuinely shocked and confused.

"He was right to treat me like shit." I said to myself.

"Don't say that." John said sternly. "Don't you ever even think that. You deserve the world, Caty."

"N-no I don't. I'm a horrible girlfriend."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because you do all these nice things for me and I don't do anything for you. And I did something the other week that I shouldn't have done, I know it was wrong and it's just-"

"What did you do?" He asked.

I looked away.

"I... I looked at your phone..." I said feeling the guilt in my stomach making me as sick as a week-old hamburger would.

"Why?" He asked not sounding mad, but definitely not sounding pleased.

"Because Amanda- I, um." I stuttered. "I wanted to see if you had a girl named Daisy's phone number..."

He just stayed silent.

"Why?" He asked slowly.

"Because Amanda joked that you would write me a song just like you did for 'Daisy' but I didn't know who she was and I thought maybe she was an ex, but you told me you didn't have any exes so I-" he cut off my rambling.

"So you went through my phone instead of trusting me? Is that why you've been so spacey? I thought you were upset about something! God, Caty!" He huffed as he stood up from the couch and pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger.

"I'm sorry." I said in a small voice. "John? Who is Daisy?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Please? I know you want to find out who Daisy is!
When I get 6 comments I'll put the next chapter up!
Thanks so much to everyone who commented, I love youuu!!
Subscribe:)