Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

Told Myself I Don't Deserve You

"No."

"Please? I'll pay you!"

"I don't want your money. I'm not going to spend three months in a bus with a bunch of boys that I don't even know!" I exclaimed.

"Caty, you've met them and they're the sweetest guys in the world." She tried to convince me. "Trust me, they won't let anything happen to you."

I bit my lip and looked down. We stood there in silence. Amanda waited patiently for my answer.

"Fine."

"Yes! Thank you! Now start packing, you leave tomorrow." She urged.

"Wait, tomorrow?"

"Yes! I'll order a pizza for dinner, just get packing!" She ordered.

I walked into my room and pulled out my suitcase and duffle bag.

I packed everything I thought I would need for the next three months. It didn't take me very long, as I basically just shoved everything into the bags.

"Okay, the guys are on their way over." Amanda informed me.

"Why are they coming over?" I questioned.

"They're bringing the pizza, silly." She shrugged as she sat down on my bed. "Hey, I want to talk to you before they get here."

"Okay..."

"Well, I know how you are around guys and I told John to look after you, so trust him. He's really sweet. He'll take care of you."

"Which one is John?" I asked curiously.

"The tall one with the tattoos that never wears a shirt." She answered.

"Oh. Which one do you like?"

"Kennedy." She blushed.

Before I could say anything else we heard a knock on the door.

"They're here!" She squealed before jumping off my bed.

I stayed in my room trying to zip my suitcase. After tugging and pulling for what seemed like hours I plopped down on top of the lid and tried zipping it that way, but it still wouldn't budge.

"Need some help?" I heard from the doorway.

I gasped and fell off my suitcase onto the floor, bumping my head against the wall in the process.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry." The one I guessed was John said as he rushed over to help me up.

"Oh, uh, it's fine. I'm okay." I stuttered nervously.

"Here, let me help you." He said as he went to reach out for me. He was about to grab onto my arm when I flinched.

He quickly pulled away and the look he had was a mixture of hurt and confusion.

Before things got any more awkward I pulled myself to my feet and stood in front of him. I was at least a foot shorter than him.

"Uh, sorry again." He said as he ran a hand through his disheveled hair.

"It's okay." I said quietly.

"Still need help with the suitcase?" He asked.

"Sure." I said giving him a small smile.

"Okay, how about you sit on it and I'll zip?" He suggested.

"Okay." I nodded.

I once again took a seat on the top of the suitcase and he knelt down and zipped it shut on the first try.

"Thank you." I said as I stood up.

"No problem, couldn't have done it without you. I'm John." He said holding his had out for me to shake.

"Caty." I said shaking it.

"Great to meet you."

"Thanks, you too." I replied.

With that we let go of each others hands and he walked out of the room.

I followed behind and walked into the kitchen.

"Caty! Let me introduce you to the guys." Amanda said grabbing my hand. "That's Garrett, Pat, Jared, Kennedy, and you met John." She said giving me a wink.

My face got red and I waved to them.

"Guys this is Caty." She announced. They all smiled genuinely and waved back.

"Um, excuse me. I forgot something in my room." I said as I darted back to my bedroom. I could still hear the conversation that was going on in the kitchen.

"Was it me?" One of the guys asked.

Everyone chuckled.

"No, she's shy. Especially around guys. And I'm serious, you all better watch out for her. She's like my sister." Amanda warned.

"We will Manda." Kennedy told her. I knew his voice the best because he was around here more than any of the other guys.

"Are you sure she's just shy? Did something ever happen to her?" John asked.

I immediately felt ashamed and embarrassed. He knew somehow.

"I don't know. She's never really told me about her past." Amanda sighed. "And don't bring it up. If she hasn't told me then it's probably not something she wants to talk about."

They all agreed and I opened my door again.

Their heads snapped in my direction and they all gave me sympathetic smiles.

"Hey girl. All that packing must have made you hungry. Grab some pizza!" Amanda urged.

I smiled and made my way to get a plate. I was surprised when John reached over the counter and picked up a plate with pizza already on it and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"You're welcome." He nodded.

I hopped up on the counter and ate my pizza while listening to the conversation. I looked up a few times and could have sworn I caught John glancing at me.

It had to be my imagination. A guy like him would never like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! One subscriber, haha. Please subscribe and comment! I'm really excited about this story. I think it's going to be really good! Thank you for reading:)