Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

He Hasn't Been Sober For Days

My first week without Caty has been... awful. Well, from what I can remember of it.

"John did you warm up already?" Tim asked walking into the green room.

"Yeah." I answered. "Hey, can you get me a beer for stage?"

"Dude, your drinking has been out of control this week. You need to detox for awhile." He lectured.

"If I want a beer I'm going to have a fucking beer! I'm an adult for christ's sake!" I yelled getting defensive.

"You're not acting like an adult, John. You're acting like a selfish prick. All these kids want to come see The Maine. Not an advertisement for AA." He said in an even tone.

"They love me and you know it. These kids think I'm a fucking hero." I spat.

"No they don't. They think you're a lonely drunk."

"Fuck you!" I yelled. I was about to punch him but I stumbled and missed. I fell on my bad hand that still had stitches.

"Shit." I hissed as my hand started to sting.

Tim left me to myself and I started to break down. I sat with my back against the wall and wiped away my tears with my good hand.

Why doesn't she want me anymore?

I stumbled to the fridge and grabbed my seventh beer of the night.

"John, we're on in five." Garrett said as he entered the room. I finished downing the alcohol and grabbed another beer for the stage.

I staggered out of the room and that was the last thing I remember.

___________________________________

The next morning I woke up in a hotel bed, naked.

Oh shit. What did I do?

I rolled over and saw a red bra hanging on the headboard with a note.

Had fun last night
Call me next time ur in town
;)
562-3586 Kelsey

God, I hate it when people write 'ur' instead of you're or your.

I sighed and rolled out of bed. I threw the bra away along with the note. I took a quick shower and started to get dressed when I heard incessant knocking on the door.

I slipped a shirt over my head and opened the door.

"Dude! What the hell did you do last night?" Jared yelled.

"Ah shit man! Quit yelling." I barked.

"Sorry," he said quietly, "But still! What the hell were you thinking?"

"I don't know. I just hooked up with a girl. It's not like I'm cheating on anyone." I grumbled.

"You think you just hooked up with one girl? Dude, you made out with like twenty different girls last night." He informed me.

I just sighed and rolled my eyes. I can't be held responsible for what I do when I'm drunk.

"I hope you know you're never going to get Caty back like this." He mumbled.

"I'm never going to get her back at all."

---------------------------------------------------

I've been pacing in my room for hours just thinking about John. It's been a week since I've talked to him and it's killing me. Maybe Amanda was right. Maybe we were meant for each other.

Okay, so it's 4am here so that means that it's 7 where John is. I don't care, I need to talk to him.

I lunged at my phone that had been resting on my bed and dialed his number.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello?" I heard a groggy voice ask. A voice that was not John's.

"J-John?" I asked.

She giggled. "John's sleeping, sweetie. Want me to take a message?"

"N-no. Just, um, forget I even called."

"Whatever," she sang "And sweetie? A boy like him doesn't need a clinger."

I guess not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for being awesome commenters!!! Thanks everybody!
I really don't like this chapter, but it was necessary. This is where things REALLY start to go bad.
Thanks for reading!
Subscribe and comment:)