Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

Pulled Out A Ring

After my sister called, I left Catys place feeling like a million bucks. I'm free of Daisy, I have Caty back. What else do I need?

I drove to my house just replaying last nights events in my head. The smile on my face wouldn't go away. I pulled into my driveway and hopped out of the car, walking with a spring in my step.

"I'm home!" I called as I walked through the door.

"John, you missed church." My mom informed me from the kitchen.

I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Sorry, mom. I'll be there next Sunday I swear." I apologized. "Where's Daisy?"

"She's downstairs watching TV." My mom answered as she scrambled to get lunch ready.

"Thanks. I'll be back up soon to help you with lunch." I promised.

I jogged down the basement stairs and saw my sister lounging on the couch.

"So? What happened last night?" She asked putting the tv on mute.

"Well I broke up with Daisy and then after I left her house Kenny called me and was like 'You need to get over here now' so I went over to Amanda and Catys and that guy that Caty was seeing called her all these horrible things and basically broke her down so I comforted her and the I told her that I loved her and she said it back and it was amazing!" I gushed. I left out the sleeping together part because I don't think my sister wants to know about my sex life. Nor do I want to share it with her.

"Aw, so you're happy now? Together forever?" She asked.

"Yep. I don't care what you say, I'm going to ask her to marry me." I stated bluntly.

"What? When!?" Daisy grinned.

"I'm gonna ask mom for grandma's ring now." I told her as I sat up.

"Aww that's so sweet!"

"I know. I'm pretty much the best man ever." I shrugged.

"Whatever, dumbass." She chuckled.

I smiled and ran back up the stairs to find my mother still in the kitchen putting a chicken in the oven.

"Hey mom? Can I talk to you?" I asked wringing my hands and taking a seat on one of the wooden stools at the small island in the middle of the room.

"Sure, hon. About what?"

"Well, you know Caty? And how I told you she was the one?"

"Yes... Continue." My mom said as her smile grew.

"Well, I was wondering if I could have grandmas engagement ring to pop the question?" I asked trying to hide my grin.

"Absolutely, John! I'm so proud of you." She said as she pulled me into a hug. "You know where it is." She told me as she pulled away.

"Thanks mom. It really means a lot to me." I told her.

"John? Could you invite her over before you ask? Just so we can all meet her properly."

"Of course! Can I invite her over tonight?"

"Yeah, that sounds great."

"Awesome! I'm gonna go get the ring. Be right back."

I ran upstairs and got into my moms jewelry box.

"Hey John, what are you doing?" My dad asked from behind me.

I pulled out the ring and held it up.

"You asked your mom right?"

"Yeah. She's excited." I grinned.

"Congratulations, John! When are you going to ask?"

"I don't know. Whenever the time's right." I shrugged, grinning like a complete idiot.

"You know what you're doing, right? Marriage is a big thing." He told me in that dad tone that I'd heard a million times.

"I know, dad. I just don't think I could live with myself if I let her get away." I confessed.

"If you want my advice, don't let her get away. You'll regret it forever."

"I'm just scared that I'm gonna hurt her...again." I frowned.

"You will, that's inevitable. But it's how much you hurt her that matters. John, your mom and I raised you well. You know what's right and what's wrong."

"Before I met her, I didn't believe that perfect was real. But she's perfect because she's real."

"John! Caty's here!" I heard Daisy call up the stairs.

"We'll pick this up later." My dad nodded.

I gave him a quick grunt and hurried down the stairs.

"Well this is about to get awkward. See you later." Daisy said before leaving us alone.

"Hey Caty, I was just talking about you." I grinned before leaning in to give her a kiss.

She turned her head and backed away.

"We need to talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Uhhh ohhh.
I don't think I got enough feedback on my last chapter:/
Comments?
Happy Halloween!