Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

Just Say Yes

"Are you serious?" I tried to ask loudly, but all that came out was a whisper.

"More serious than I have ever been in my entire life. Please, Caty. I need you. I'm sorry that I hurt you, but I love you and I'll never leave."

I just stayed silent, standing on his porch in shock.

"Is that a no?" He whispered with glazed eyes.

"I..."

"It's okay." He frowned as he stood up. "It was a long shot."

I just kept staring at him, not letting a word escape my lips.

He turned to walk back inside, not trying to mask his pain at all. His shoulders were hunched and he kept his head down.

"Why would you want to marry me?" I asked so quietly that I could barely hear myself.

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face me slowly. It wasn't until that moment that I realized the immense contrast in our body size. He was so broad and well built, compared to my soft, small frame. But never once did he intimidate me. He stood so close to me that we might as well have been touching.

"I can't live without you. If you don't know that already, then I'm fucking stupid." He told me in his deep voice laced with love.

Those words make my heart go wild and a sob escape my mouth.

"I'll marry you." I sobbed. "I love you, John."

I lunged at him and wrapped my arms around his thin waist. He immediately snaked his arms around me and kissed my head repeatedly.

"We're gonna make this work, I promise. I'll never let you down."

"I'm so happy." I cried.

"You have no idea," He mused "Catherine May O'Callaghan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eep! They're gonna get married!
Comment and subscribe!
Sorry for the wait and that it's so short. Some things have come up and it's complicated.
Anyway, more will come soon!