Status: Finished!

She Used to Be a Pearl

That's Just Typical, You're So Cynical

She said yes!
She said yes!
She fucking said yes!

Oh my god, she said yes!

I couldn't conceal my grin as we sat in the green room bored out of our minds.

I finally got her to open up to me, I think she's really starting to trust me now.

I'm so glad I didn't drink last night, a hangover would totally ruin my joy.

I wonder where I should take her.

Out to eat is too boring.
I can't talk to her during a movie.
Picnic? I like it.

I quickly texted Amanda.

To: Amanda
What's Caty's favorite food?

I waited a few minutes and got a reply.

From: Amanda
Call me...

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and stepped outside.

Once I was out I scrolled through my contacts and found Amanda. I pressed the call button and held the phone to my ear.

"Hey John." She sighed.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked her.

"She thinks you're just taking her out on a pity date." She stated bluntly.

A pity date?

"Why does she think that?" I choked out.

"I don't know. She thinks that since she told you her story you feel bad for her." She explained.

"I thought you didn't know anything about her past?"

"I did I just didn't want to announce it to everyone. Now you need to show her somehow that your feelings are genuine. They are genuine, right?"

"Fuck yes, Manda! I'm in love with the girl. What can I do?" I begged desperately.

"Surprise her. She'll be too shocked to say no. And then just let her know that you really do like her. Don't mess it up, John. She doesn't deserve anymore heartbreak in her life."

"I know. Thanks. But, hey? What is her favorite food?" I chuckled.

"Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches."

"A girl after my own heart." I laughed. "See ya."

"Bye."

--------------------------------------------------

After the concert we drove back to the hotel and I had everything planned out.

We got to our rooms and I threw all my stuff down, grabbed the bag and went straight to Caty's room.

I knocked a few times and waited. I started to get nervous.

I knocked once more.

Finally the door swung open and revealed a tired looking girl.

"John?" She asked.

"Sorry, were you sleeping?" I asked feeling bad about waking her.

I nervously rubbed the back of my neck while waiting for a response.

"Not really. Do you need something?"

"Are you hungry?"

"A little bit...why?"

"Follow me." I said holding out my hand for her to take.

"Why? What are you doing John?"

"Going on a date." I answered.

"Don't do this John." she sighed, walking back into her hotel room. I walked in behind her and closed the door.

"Do what?"

"Stop taking pity on me just because you feel bad about my life. I don't need your sympathy, really."

"Are you kidding me? I'm not taking pity on you! Would you stop being so cynical for a second-"

"I'm not cynical! You didn't seem to have any interest in me before I told you what happened. You know what? I'm done. I'm leaving. I don't care-"

I couldn't hold it in any longer. Her accusations felt like a knife stabbing my in the side. They hit me hard in a spot deep down that I didn't even know I had.

"I didn't seem to have any interest in you? I've been in love with you since I met you at that Christmas party last year! Yeah that's right. I'm in love with you but it doesn't matter because you're too blind to see that my feelings are true. Here are some flowers and sandwiches for your fucking trip." I exclaimed throwing the bag on her bed."Goodbye."
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I didn't quite reach my comment goal but that's okay. I still got some awesome comments so thank you! Remember to subscribe/comment.
:)