Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

Image
Poppy Moore is sixteen years old. She lives with her best friend and her best friends mother. Poppy has one brother and one sister. She has had a rough life. It is incredibly hard for her to trust anybody. She is completely convinced that everyone is out to hurt her. She is the type of the person that doesn’t forgive and forget. She is the type of person that will just forget. Once you break her trust she won’t forget what you did, but she will forget you. She will break off all ties with you. She has lost quite a few friends because of this. She thinks its impossible to change. But is it?

Nick Jonas is seventeen years old. He lives with his family and is in a band. After being on tour he and his family decide to take a break from the constant touring. All he wants now is to find someone that doesn’t care that he’s in a band. He wants someone to like him for who is as person, not for how many records he’s made or how much money he has. Fortunately for him he found that girl. That girl just so happened to be Poppy Moore. But she has built up these walls so no can get in. Nick is determined to tear down those walls.

But Poppy just can’t seem to let go of her past. Every night she is plagued by nightmares that remind her of the pain. She just wants it to go away. She has all this anger inside of her. Anger she can’t let go. Her mother always said that if you keep all this anger inside of you, you would get sick. She never knew what she meant. The only person she ever told this was Lilly, her best friend. After Lilly sees what’s happening to Poppy she tells Nick. Nick soon realizes what’s going on.

Poppy was slowly sinking deeper and deeper into whole. A whole of depression. A whole she won’t be able to pull herself out of alone. Everyone can see that she is so close to having a complete break down, except her. She thinks that she’s dealing with everything just fine. But the truth is that everything that has happened, everything she has been through, it hasn’t completely hit her yet. But when it does hit her, it will be out of the blue, and it will be like a slamming into a brick wall.

But Nick is determined to help her. He made a promise to himself to never let her go. He won’t give up on her. He promised he would never hurt her. But what if by accident he does? Will that be the end of it? Will Poppy cut off her only life line? Or will she learn that you can’t just forget your problems, you have to deal with them, head on. She can’t just run away from her problems like she always does. She has to look Nick in the eyes and talk to him.