Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

The Fight For Your Life

~Poppy’s P.O.V.~
I woke up around two in the morning staring at the top of my tent. My eyes hurt but I didn’t care. I still had tears left in me. I just need to cry. But not here. I got up and left the tent. I searched through Lilly’s stuff and found the bottle of vicodin. I wasn’t going to take any but I wanted them in my possession. I walked over to my purse and got my cigarettes and lighter. I was only wearing some small night shorts and a tank top with my bra underneath. It wasn’t that cold out so I didn’t bother to grab a sweater. Before I left I grabbed a river rat. I walked barefoot down to the place where we usually fish and sat down on a big rock.

The camp ground was quiet except for the river and crickets. It was peaceful but I still wanted to cry. I took out a cigarette and lit it up. I took a hit but it did nothing. Once I was done smoking the cigarette I threw it on the ground. I stared at the river for a few minutes and just as I was about ready to start crying I jumped off the rock and grabbed my river rat. I slowly got into the water. It was freezing but in a way it felt good. It was numbing my body. If only it could numb my mind and heart too.

I hopped into my raft and just floated there for a few seconds. I turned my head toward the rapids and pushed my foot on a rock. I knew what I was about to do was very dangerous but at the that moment I didn’t care. As i started to drift towards the rapids I felt my adrenaline start pumping. It actually felt kind of good. I was only a few feet away from the rapids when it finally clicked in my head that I could actually die.

But I didn’t care one single bit. My raft started rocking back and forth as waves bounced off the rocks and hit me in the face. The water felt like a cold hard slap. I hung on to my raft as the water took me down further. It felt like it was taking forever to get down the rapids. As I approached one of the most dangerous parts of the river my fear heightened. If I went to that part I knew I would flip and I could drown. I tried to move away but I couldn’t. I felt helpless up against the current. I held onto my raft with every fiber of my being. I went into the dip and flipped over. I hit some rocks and was swallowed whole by the river. I tried to get up to the surface but the current just kept pushing me down.

As I was about to let water in my mouth and give up I made one last kick at a rock and was able to surface the water. But I knew this wasn’t the end of it. If I wanted to live I would have to somehow make it over to the shore. The current kept pushing me down the river and my head kept going under the water. I tried my best to keep it up but it was just so hard. It hit more rocks but the greatest one was to my head that left me feeling very dizzy and in pain. I felt my body stop moving and then I heard voices. With in seconds everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
CLiffHanger!!!!! Comments please?