Status: On Hiatus

When You Look Me In The Eyes

Purple River Rat

~Lilly’s P.O.V.~
I walked back to camp with Poppy’s stuff and I wasn’t feeling good. Now I was terrified for her. I hoped she was ok. I don’t know what I would do if something happened to her. I would go insane. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.
“Are you ok?” Kevin asked me as he took a look at me.
“Yeah you’re really pale.” Joe said.
“I found Poppy’s lighter and cigarettes by the river.” I said. I didn’t mention the pills.
“So? Maybe she forgot them.” Kevin said.
“No you don’t understand. Poppy would never leave this anywhere. Her mom gave her this lighter before she died. She guards this thing with her life.” said.
“Well that’s a bad gift to give a child.” Joe said.
“Focus! Something’s wrong with poppy!” I screamed.
“Ok ok, calm down. We’ll find her.” Kevin said.
“How? We have no clue where she could be!” I screamed.
“Well where did you find her stuff?” Nick asked.
“By the river where you guys where fishing.” I cried.
“Ok lets go check there.” Nick said. We all walked to the spot where I found them and they looked around. Joe asked a few people if they saw her but they said no. Then we started to walk down the side of the river.
“Hey look over there!” Joe shouted. Sitting on a few rocks looked like a purple popped river rat. If only if it wasn’t in the middle of the river.
“I’ll go get it.” Nick said.
“Be careful.” I said. As he got in, the water was up to his waist. Sure the water was low but the current was really strong so he had to hang on to the rocks and go slow. Eventually he grabbed the raft and brought it back. I took it from him and looked at it. It looked exactly like Poppy’s raft. I looked at it all over and found something I didn’t want to find. Poppy’s name written on the side. All of a sudden I felt really nauseas and dizzy. I stepped to the side and just puked.
“Woah are you ok?” Joe asked me.
“Yeah.” I whispered.
“Let’s get back to camp. Maybe she came back.” Nick said hopeful. I nodded my head and started walking but I just kept thinking that she’s not there. Somehow I know.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please???