Status: Fantome de l'Opera <33 I LOVE HIM.

No One Would Listen, No One but Her

Hide Your Face So The World Will Never Find You.

Darkness fell over the town but it was never dark in Paris. It was only a matter of seconds before the whole town was lit with bright lights. The Opera du Paris shined as bright as ever. Fireworks exploded filling the newly black sky with an array of colors. Brielle watched from within her horse-drawn carriage her eyes wide with joy. It was beautiful just as good if not better than the old Opera Populaire. The large Victorian building was filled with actors and actresses, singers and dancers, musicians and directors. Just how it used.
The carriage door opened and the driver held his hand out politely helping Brielle to the sidewalk. She smiled thanking him before placing the mask on her and wondering inside.
The lobby filled with people talking and eating hoping to discover who each masked face was. Friends upon discovering who was who talked of their year and a half apart, excited to finally be back to the theatre. There was only one person that kept to himself. A man in an elaborate red costume and a skull mask stopping above his lips stood in a corner watching the party intently. Feeling eyes on him he switched his focus to Brielle holding eye contact for a few seconds before turning into the darkness.
Shying away from the party Erik wasn't ready to make his entrance, he had planned a huge entrance letting his previous owners know where they stand. But, something inside him wouldn't let him do it. Maybe, as much as he told himself they weren't together he knew they were and they were going to be here. He began to think twice about even coming back here.
Christine and Raoul stepped through the doors Raoul holding her close to him. He hadn't wanted to come at all and they wouldn’t be here if it weren't for Christine. Why she wanted to return was a mystery to him. But this would hopefully be the last time they would show up here. Christine smiled giving Raoul's hand a reassuring squeeze. She had no fears for the night, Erik wasn't a ghost to her. He was always a gentleman to her and she believed he would now. Besides, no one knew where he went and there's a chance he wouldn't even be here tonight.
Grabbing everyone's attention Andre et Firmin lead the large group to the dining hall. Chatter silenced and every seat was filled, a dish for every member. Masks were removed and conversation started for the newly found guests, this chatter was silenced once more after a minute or so. Everyone's attention returned to the owners.
"We'd like to start off thanking each and everyone of you for joining us tonight. A year and a half ago this opera house was great." Firmin began holding wine in his hand.
Andre continued with; "we plan to recover that popularity. You're all invited back to perform here, if you can't we understand completely."
"If you will be rejoining us rehearsal will begin on mercredi."
"That's all, let your conversation continue." Andre smiled taking a gulp of his wine before taking his seat at the head of the table next to Firmin. A minute didn't even pass before voices floated around about various topics.
"Christine!" Brielle smiled touching her old friends hand. "Raoul," she said giving him a friendly nod.
"Brielle, ça va?" Christine smiled taking a bite of her dinner.
"Oh you know the usual. And you two?" Christine let a wide smile cover her face before holding out her left hand. "Oh Christine, I'm so happy for you!" She gushed hugging her friend the best she could over the table.
"And that's not all," Raoul added a smile on his own face.
"Oh yes, I'm pregnant with a girl."
"Another ballerina in the theatre? Or shall she sing?" Christine shook her head.
"Actually, our daughter isn't growing up in a theatre. We're going to live on the de Changy residents." Brielle furrowed her eyebrows.
"So you're not rejoining?" Christine gave a sad smile and shook her head.
"No, I'm sorry. I would love to but it's important to me that my children grow up with their family close." She nodded understanding where Christine was coming from.
"You'll be greatly missed." Christine smiled.
"And so will all of you."
"Does anyone know?" Christine shook her head.
"Not other than Meg." Brielle smiled standing up her cup in hand.
"Exusez-moi I would like to crave your indulgence for just a few moments for Raoul and Christine have a great announcement to share with you all." Brielle took her seat smiling at their two shocked faces. Raoul stood up letting everyone in on their little secret. Upon finishing Christine was bombarded by hugs and congratulations and Raoul was shaking hands like he was the mayor.
As much as Brielle hated her self for thinking so she was relieved to see Christine not coming back. Her last few weeks at the Opera Populaire were, dramatic to say the least. And, to Brielle a new opera house meant a new everything it would break her apart to see it go like the other. How many houses would Andre and Firmin be able to recreate? But, she didn’t need to worry about it, because it would be all fun and games from here on. She felt eyes on the back of her head as she thought this all through, turning around she noticed him. The same man in the red with the mask, standing in the corner under the shadow of one of the great columns. He held a finger to his lips and Brielle nodded, she wouldn't give him up. Not without knowing who he was first. It never dawned on her that it could, just might be the Phantom she was waiting for all these years. For once he had left her mind completely, as she had predicted from the new opera house. It would be the beginning of a whole new her.
The end of the night came quicker than Brielle had wanted. Sure, she'd live here soon enough but she didn't want to leave. For her rehearsal could start tomorrow, all she needed was her violin but she could have that in an hour horse ride. Unfortunately she did have to go, saying her goodbyes she gave one last look at her new home before climbing back into her carriage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty long chapterr :] Tehe.
So I just discovered this band from the UK, they's pretty good and I've been listenin' to 'em <3
Butbut yepyep comment and subscribe. :]