Status: Fantome de l'Opera <33 I LOVE HIM.

No One Would Listen, No One but Her

Angel Of Music.

Mecredi couldn't come fast enough but when the day finally came Brielle was a pit of excitement. She packed her bags almost immediately follow the Bal Masque. Climbing from her carriage once more the Opera du Paris was different today. It was back to business as if we all came back from a long vacation. Inside the crew was already rushing to get costumes and decorations ready for the newest production.
"Mademoiselle du Rousseau come quickly Monsieur Reyer is in need of the orchestra." She nodded sprinting to her new room practically dropping her stuff on her bed and taking her violin out to the orchestra. Monsieur Reyer smiled as she sat in her chair right up front to his left.
"Nice of you to join us Mademoiselle." She smiled nodding her head before quickly fixing her tuning. They immediately began on the new gala while the dancers began to learn their routines and singers got their voices back in shape before starting as well.
It was as if nothing had happened at all except for the absence of Christine and the Patron. As much as they missed her she was easily replaced, not to insult her at all. It was back to business there was a public to please.
Months passed and weeks and days and sooner than later the show was on. With opening night within a week late practices became a usual thing within the orchestra.
"Goodnight Mademoiselle, get some rest." Monsieur Reyer smiled patting Brielle on the shoulder.
"I'll try monsieur," she laughed a little before starting on her piece. Monsieur Reyer's footsteps descended until the only sound was of her playing their piece and the only light coming from the small light above her stand. She paused thinking how anyone else would be nervous to be out here all alone, but she wasn't. She set her violin down after making sure no one was around. Climbing the stairs to the stage she stopped positioning herself so she was as close to the middle as she could get. An empty stage was her happiness, she knew she didn't have the voice to be the center of attention. She could probably make in the chorus but that would mean putting down her violin. Besides, having people come from all around the world to watch you sing and dance was something that made her palms sweat. She'd take her spot under the stage over that. But, it didn't hurt to pretend every once in a while.
She opened her mouth letting a quiet note out. She adjusted her voice before beginning the piece her sound getting louder and louder every second as she gained confidence. But, she wasn't the only one in the room. If she had known that she wouldn't be singing in the first place. He didn't mind though.
Erik sat in the back watching what he could see from the small light on her stand. Tonight, he would see who she was. Her voice was good, not the best but it was enjoyable to listen to. It held innocence and humbleness something so absent from the theatre. These days everyone fought over the limelight except this one, and it intrigued him reminding him of his love once lost. The piece ended and he stood up clapping loudly, he wanted her to notice him. Brielle jumped about ten feet in the air making Erik chuckle to himself although he did feel bad for scaring the poor girl.
"Brava, brava, bravissima." She looked around before staring in his direction. He could almost imagine her eyes wide with fear and he sort of felt bad for her. Each step he made echoed in the darkness and the girl stood there frozen in shock. He got about half way down the isle when she made a dash for her violin, if no one sees her face they'll never know who to make fun of. And she'll play it off like it was nothing. Noticing she was about to leave Erik quickened his pace.
"Stop!" He called projecting his voice to boom through the empty theatre. Brielle stopped turning around slowly. Only feet behind her Erik slowed. "what’s your name Mademoiselle?" Now in the light he could see her almost clearly. Her scrawny body and curly hair tied up at the top of her head. She had dainty features almost childlike but it was obvious she was in her early 20's.
She could see him as well and he was aware of that but he didn't seem to care. She gave him a once over before returning her stare to his eyes. He was shocked but relieved that she didn't pay attention to the mask, everyone else did.
"The opera ghost," she whispered her eyes turning from fear to wonder. "You're the opera ghost," she said once more convincing herself. She hadn't even thought about him since the morning of the Bal Masque and she was surprised she had forgotten about him. A smile formed on Brielle's face. "I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you sir. I didn't mean I was just," she trailed off looking down in shame. This was not how she had imagined meeting him.
"There, there child. I apologize for interrupting you." She looked up locking her eyes with his once more. "I ask once more what is your name Mademoiselle?"
"Oh I'm sorry, Brielle du Rousseau." He seemed to think for a second.
"I don’t seem to recall your name," Brielle's face fell. He didn't even know who she was, not that she necessarily expected him to. But it was still a downer.
"I'm only in the orchestra that's why." He probably only notices the dancers and singers, she thought trying not to get upset. She didn't know why she cared so much, he was the Opera Ghost for gods sake.
"Oh now I remember, your quite good at violin, and at singing I must say." She smiled wide, so he did know her. Her face became flushed.
"Why thank you Monsieur." He smiled slightly back.
"You just need a few pointers and you'll be perfect." He offered his hand. She shook her head still a little embarrassed that he had heard her sing.
"Oh no, no I'm no singer. It's just for fun."
"You have such a nice voice, it's a shame to see it go without guidance." He could feel her giving in, giving him more confidence. He could see them already, him having power over her. And, this time without another influencing her thoughts. He would get this one, he had to. She smiled sweetly stepping forward accepting his proposal. His hand was cold in hers but she didn’t mind, he lived under the theatre she imagined it would be chilly down there.
He lead her silently through the theatre’s lobby. She kept her focus on him tracing her eyes over his mask taking in every aspect of him. She had to remember it. The rumors weren’t all true, as she suspected. He didn’t smell like death, he didn’t smell bad at all. She thought, leaning her head forward to smell him. No, he smelt pretty good actually. He turned around to give her a half smile, she blushed thinking he heard her sniffing him. But, he didn’t this all reminded him of what happened a year and a half ago. He couldn’t help but smile at the thought of a replacement Christine. He could start all over, do things differently like he should’ve. Sure, it won’t be exactly the same but at least there’s no patron to take her away from him.
He didn’t lead her to his liar like Christine but back to her room. Erik was a real gentle man, he knew she needed to be up early tomorrow for the gala. And, he had planning to do. He needed a way to have her, to keep her forever and that required his thought, He wasn’t going to rush into this one and let his emotions get the better of him. He lead her to her bed, she gave him a confused look.
“You need to be ready for the gala demain get some rest mademoiselle.” She nodded laying down. He gave her one last smile and turned to walk away.
“Attends!” He turned around on his heel. Sitting up she asked, “can I hear you sing?” He was taken back by her question. He didn’t think she’d ask that at all. Seeing the look on his face she sunk down into her covers. “Never mind, I’m sure you need your rest as well.”
“Non, non if you want me to sing, I will sing.” She smiled up at him as he walked back over to her bed. “But, you must promise me you’ll get some rest.” She nodded with a twinkle in her eye. He took a seat at the edge of her bed and began to sing to her the softest melody he knew. She laid her head on her pillow letting sleep overwhelm her.
Erik watched her finishing his song before standing up. She looked so peaceful when she slept and he wondered if she ever dreamt of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I see another subscriberr :] Thanks yo. :D
Soo another long chapter buut the next ones extra super short, sorry 'bout that yo.
Buut comment pleasee <3

What's poppin' my G?
Poppinn' my G.
P--p-poppin' my G.
<3