Status: Fantome de l'Opera <33 I LOVE HIM.

No One Would Listen, No One but Her

Maybe He Wasn't Who She Thought He Was.

First day of official rehearsal was more than nerve wrecking than Brielle had anticipated. Gripping her script holding it close to her chest Brielle walked shakily to Madame Giry. She smiled at her.
“I’m glad you could make it this morning mademoiselle.” She said before clapping her hands. “Attention chorus come.” Like an army obeying orders the girls and few guys circled around the Madame eager to begin their new parts. Brielle stepped back letting the crowd engulf her, she was going to try her best to blend in and become invisible. “We’re starting with singing.” Nodding everyone seemed to know where they were going making Brielle stand out like a sore dissipated thumb.
“Uhm,” Brielle squeaked nervously.
“Oh yes, just stand here in the front.” Madame answered throwing her in a random spot. She nodded taking her place quickly.
Singing wasn’t as bad as she thought it’d be. Maybe Erik had taught her more than she realized. They begun with warm ups and large numbers, thankfully they didn’t work on any solos.
“Rehearsal tomorrow morning sept-heures, don’t be late.” Madame Giry called. “Good job Brielle, I knew he’d teach you well.” She spoke quietly as Brielle passed. Smiling she kept walking not really realizing what the Madame had meant. A large shadow passed in front of her painstakingly obvious, Brielle knew it was intentional. Looking around to be sure no one saw her she followed in it’s direction. Around the corner and up the stairs down a long hallway and about three doors later the shadow had stopped. Brielle had never been in this part of the opera house before. Really she had never ventured around, she stuck to a routine day in and day out. Besides in the old house she was advised not to investigate the shadows and stay away from abandoned hallways. She felt non of those precautions were necessary now that she had befriended exactly what she was warned to avoid. Stepping into one last doorway Brielle found herself in a dark room lit by only one small candle in the corner. The door shut loudly behind her startling her.
“Oh my Erik you scared me.” He didn’t chuckle as she had expected come to think of it she heard no noise at all. “Erik?” She felt a small gust of wind beside her making her turn in that direction. And turning back around when a light lit behind her finally revealing Erik. She smiled walking over to him yet he didn’t smile back. “You seem rather serious tonight.” She said smirking a bit hoping to rise his spirits.
“And you seem rather happy considering your day.” He said his voice lacking emotion.
“Actually I was hoping to find you, it wasn’t quite as bad as I thought it would be.” She said smiling hoping once more that she could get a glimpse of a lighter mood to pass through his eyes. Again she failed.
“The Madame was told to go easy on you to help ease you into your change but all that goes away tomorrow. I thought I should warn you, you should be prepared.” Brielle merely nodded. “And we must continue with our lessons if you hope to please the picky Madame.” With that Erik began another lesson this time using songs from the production. But, something was still wrong with him. Brielle didn’t press him any further in fear he would have another meltdown as he did the night before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me happyy. :]
Noooowww imma get to writingg. Read my other stories?(: