What You Mean to Me

Lena

Lena.

"Okay, okay, thank you Living Dead, for that great performance," the announcer said stepping back onto the stage while the audience shouted and cheered.

We were at a local club called The Underground which was holding a battle of the bands, which the guys were entered in. I was standing with them off on the side wings of the stage, holding onto Frank's hand for encouragement.

"Hey, you ready?" I asked him.

He looked at me and shook his head. "I can't do this, Lena."

"What? What do you mean?" I asked shocked. "You're played this song a hundred times for me. It's perfect."

"That's the thing," Frank told me. "I've only played for you… no one else. No I have to play for all these people?"

"Frank," I sighed. "Come on, you're kidding me, right?"

He shook his head again.

"Frank, you are an incredible player," I told him. "I'm not lying. You really are great. And I know you're gonna do awesome out there. Just like you always do."

"I'm nervous, Lena," he said quietly. "What if I screw this up? Gerard and the other guys really want to win this, and I don't think I can do it… if we loose, It's all gonna be on me."

"Frank, you're gonna do fine," I assured him. "Just play for me like you usually do… like how some people imagine that they're not in front of a crowd of people of speeches? Just do that… imagine that I'm the only one here-- that you're just playing for me."

"And here's our next act," The announcer said into the microphone. "Give it up for MY… CHEMICAL… ROMANCE!"

Everyone in the crowd started screaming again, and I gave Frank a quick reassuring hug before pulling away and joining Nora, Jordan and the others in the audience. I gave a shout of enthusiasm, giving Frank a nod.

His eyes were on me in return and he gave me a small smile before the started strumming the opening chords for their song, his body moving rhythmically with it, back and forth.

Mama, we all go to hell…
Mama, we all go to hell…
I'm writing this letter and wishing you well…
Mama, we all go to hell…

The crowd began to get into the song, and when the song really started up, the moshing began. I started screaming the lyrics along with Gerard, jumping up and down along with Irene, Mikey's girlfriend.

"A surprise party? For me?" Gerard asked innocently, almost in a gay way, after all the music had cut off. "Aw, how sweet."

He gave a little giggle before Ray, Mikey and Frank played one last chord, ending the song. Everyone began screaming their heads off, myself included, and I thought I was going to go deaf.

The guys walked off stage and the same announcer walked out with a microphone and an envelope.

"Wow, awesome job," he nodded. "An awesome job to all our performers tonight, huh? Let's give them all one more hand!"

Everyone cheered again for the bands.

"But as you all know, there can be only one that wins the title of this year's battle of the bands," the guys said. "So let's not screw around anymore. This year, as chosen by our judges, our battle of the bands champion right here at The Underground is…" he ripped open the envelope, then gave a small laugh. "I can't believe it, and yet I knew it from the start… our very own Jersey boys, My Chemical Romance!"

Irene and I started screaming along with everyone else, and hugged each other. The guys walked onstage again, taking the trophy and holding it up high for everyone to see.

"Come on, let's go congratulate them," Irene whispered to me.

We had to fight our way through the crowd, but finally made it to the exit, and bolted out the front door, running around to the side entrance, where the guys were now coming out of.

"Frank!" I yelled running at him.

He looked up just in time to catch me, hugging me back.

"I am so proud of you!" I exclaimed.

"Thanks," he grinned.

"You did awesome," I said. "So good. You were amazing up there."

"I just imagined I was playing for you," Frank told me. "That there was only you."

I smiled, looking down, trying to hide the blush that was forming on my face.

"Lena," he whispered, holding the side of my face to make me look at him. "I need to tell you something…"

"What is it?" I asked.

He bit down on his lower lip, looking as if he were having second thoughts about whatever it was that he needed to tell me. "Lena, I lo--"

He was interrupted when we heard someone clear their throat, and we both looked up to see Nora standing there, her hands on her hips, looking pissed.

I quickly pulled away from Frank, taking a step back. Nora brushed past me, hugging Frank, cooing and kissing him. I had to grit my teeth and turn away.

I went to go congratulate the other guys, giving them hugs, trying to avert my eyes away from Frank, who had Nora's tongue down his throat.

Gerard noticed my enthusiasm slipping away, putting his arm around me. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Fine."

He glanced at Frank, then returned his eyes to me. "Sure nothing's wrong."

I gave Gerard a wary look, but he just gave me a cheesy grin. I swear, Gerard must know that I care about Frank, just like Mikey knew. I never actually told them, but these two are smart guys, and they know me. There's no hiding anything from them.

I'm positive they know.

They just don't want to say anything and make it awkward for me.

I mean, wouldn't you feel awkward trying to admit you're in love with your best friend?
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to 'Sunshine Cola.' and 'Neche'-- thanks for commenting, this one was for you guys!

i love My Chem's son "Na Na Na"... can't stop listening to it... just... can't... stop...

haha. hop you guys enjoyed this one... i know, so close to telling her, but of course our favorite person Nora had to show up!

feedback is always appreciated and don't forget to subscribe! =)