What You Mean to Me

Lena

Lena.

My eyes fluttered open, and after a moment, the blurriness faded away, and I began to focus. I was staring up at a ceiling that was a creamy-white. That's a colour, right? I swallowed hard, my throat feeling like sand paper, but I managed to choke up enough saliva to get my mouth functioning properly.

I only then noticed that Frank was lying beside me, sleeping, and it seemed like his arm was attached to my waist.

"Frank," I whispered, shaking him slightly. "Frank…"

"Mmmmmm," he groaned, moving closer to me, holding me tighter.

I felt a pain in my side, and bit my tongue to suppress a scream. "Frank!" I yelled, smacking him on the back.

That woke him up, and he ended up falling off the bed. I couldn't help laughing.

"Wha-- Wha--?" he looked around disoriented. "I'm fine, I'm okay." He then noticed me as I quieted my giggles. A soft, small smile broke across his face, as he just stared at me. "Lena," he breathed my name.

"Hey Frank," I smiled, sitting up.

He was at my side in an instant, holding me so tightly, hiding his face in my neck. I smiled, hugging him back, feeling butterflies floating in my stomach.

"You're awake," he pulled away, but was still holding onto me as if I were about to disappear. "You're finally awake… I… I thought I was gonna lose you."

I shook my head. "Maybe another day. I'm okay, I'm here."

He smiled again, pulling me back into another hug, only topush me away again, this time, he didn't look so happy. Instead, he looked pissed, angry, and hurt.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Frank yelled, startling me. "You ran out while Daniel was trying to kill everything in sight, and you ended up getting shot! What the hell is wrong with you? Are you insane? You could have died! The wound was almost fatal! Were you not thinking? I could have lost you! I don't understand why you would do that? Why? Why would you run out and risk your life just to save me?"

He finally stopped shouting, and was just staring at me, breathing hard.

I merely shrugged. "You just answered that."

Frank looked confused. "What?"

I gave a small smile. "I would risk my life to save you."

Frank sunk to the edge of the bed, sitting there, looking at me, and I swear, his eyes were filling up with tears. He reached out holding me, pressing his forehead to mine momentarily, and I saw a tear fall from his face.

"You would risk your life to save me?" he whispered. "Why?"

I looked down at my hands that were now in his, and sighed. "Frank, I should have told you this a long time ago," I said, knowing that I had to tell him sooner or later.

I had to tell Frank that I loved him. Yeah, he has a girlfriend, but I can't hide this anymore. I just can't do it.

"But I was afraid, and… Frank, I lo--"

I didn't get to finish, because the door opened, and I saw the face of my boyfriend.

"Oh my God, Lena!" He rushed to my side, quickly pulling me into a hug.

Frank had quickly let go of my hands when the door opened, so I hugged Jordan back lightly in return, still thinking of my best friend. Funny, because I haven't seen Jordan in over one month, because he was overseas visiting. I hadn't seen my boyfriend in so long, and yet, instead of being in his arms, I wanted to be in Frank's.

"Oh God, baby," Jordan pulled away so he could look at me. "When I heard what had happened, I got on the first plane possible. I can't believe what happened. But thank God you're okay."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Jordan turned to Frank. "Oh, hey man."

"Hey," Frank gave him a single nod.

"Listen, I'm sorry about you and Nora," Jordan said. "She just told me about how you just ended it… sorry about how you two just drifted apart."

I stared at Frank in shock. "You and Nora just broke up?"

He nodded.

"Frank, I'm so sorry," I said apologetically.

He shook his head. "It's fine," he said, giving me a forced small smile.

Jordan hugged me again, talking to me while he held me, but I just continued to look at Frank. He looked hurt, heartbroken. No wonder he had just been crying-- he broke it offwith Nora.

His eyes met mine again, and I saw them fill up with water again, his smile fading away slowly. I felt my heart breaking, seeing him so sad and hurt. Frank just looked away before getting up and slowly making his way out of the room, shutting the door behind him, and not looking back.
♠ ♠ ♠
happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!

wow, i'm officially 19 today, my last year of being a teenager... damn, i feel so old!

thank you to...
Neche
kate.xXx.
rachemical