Bullets Before Bedtime

Biting Keeps Your Words at Bay

Zedekiah crack his knuckles impatiently as they waited for Alarac to return. It was his turn to supply them with a human sacrifice and he was 20 minutes late. Everyone was in the clearing, ready and waiting.

Zedekiah scowled as Alarac appeared from behind a tree with a blonde girl draped in his arms.

"Took you long enough." Zedekiah muttered bitterly. Alarac merely smirked in response at his twin brother.

"Are you complaining, brother dear?" Alarac walked over to their makeshift ritual altar. It was an old gnarled and twisted tree stump that was as high as Alarac's waist and twice his arm span in width.

Alarac gently placed the girl on the altar. After binding her wrists and ankles, he motioned for the group of cloaked males to circle the altar.

Each male was cloaked in black from head to foot, a large black hood covered their faces in shadow. The cult members each wore a leather wristband with the cults insignia burned into it.

Alarac back away from the altar, pulling his hood up so he blended into the circle of males.

"We are sons of night. Brothers of evil. Fathers of sin. Satan hear our names and damn us to your Kingdom. I am Zedekiah."

"Alarac."

"Riordan."

"Lucas."

"Erastus."

"Ehren."

"Xenos."

Alarac stepped forward, dagger in hand, towards the altar where the girl had begun to regain consciousness. Before she had the chance to completely wake, Alarac stabbed the dagger into her chest, muttering in Latin as he did so.

As soon as Alarac wrenched the knife from her chest, the cloaked figures swarmed the young girls body, biting at whatever flesh they could dig their fangs into. The girl sobbed in pain while she was still alive before quickly slipping into death's eager hands.

Alarac, having drunken her friend's blood already, satisfied himself with the bloody dagger, licking it clean.