Status: Active

False Insanity

Chapter One

She had told herself many times before, “I am not crazy.” If you can rationalize your behavior then you’re not insane. That’s what she liked to believe…

The office she sat in for an hour every Tuesday morning was plain to say the least. It was like any therapists office, covered in plaques and certificates. The wooden door creaked open and in came her therapist Dr.Welsh. Dr.Welsh always wore a pressed gray suite, her hair that she wore straight was slicked back into a ponytail and a pair of blacked rimmed glasses hung on her face. She wasn’t ugly just decent in appearance, the minimal amount of makeup on her face didn’t help her out either.

“Andrea?” her therapist called.
Andrea looked up from the carpet she seemed to be concentrating on. “Yes?” she replied.

“How have you been?” Dr.Welsh questioned, fixing her crooked glasses.
Ah, the “How have you been question,” Andrea thought, she asks me this everyday how does she think I am? It’s not like anything interesting has happened.

“Great,” She lied. Andrea looked at her wrist watch… 55 more minutes of this? Good God.
Dr.Welsh wasn’t buying that one worded answer, so she pressed Andrea some more.

“Your Father has brought to my attention that he found you smoking pot the other night,” Dr.Welsh accused, with a raised eyebrow.

Oh my god Andrea thought, so what if I liked to get baked once in a while? Dr.Welsh needs to lighten up and get out of those stuffy two piece suites.
Andrea raised her eyebrow back, “Is that so?”
“Yes that is so, Andrea!” her therapist announced with annoyance, “Marijuana is an illegal substance!”

Everyone does it Andrea thought to herself. The only reason I’m forced to see Dr.Welsh is because of that one time…

Dr.Welsh interrupted her thoughts. “Andrea have you been taking your medication?”

“I don’t need it I’m cured from whatever you thought I had,” Andrea answered getting slightly pissed off.

“Whatever I think you have is depression,” Dr.Welsh told Andrea exaggerating the “If.”
Andrea looked at the therapist in anger refusing to speak first.

“You need to be taking your medication, we don’t want to go down that wrong path again… now do we?” questioned Dr.Welsh.

Andrea didn’t answer. Is Dr.Welsh trying to make her feel guilty? This is ridiculous she may have done a few crazy things in the past, but not anything to warrant her insane!
“I am seriously starting to get worried about you… your Father and I have been discussing a certain subject and we both think it’s in your best interest to…”

Andrea cut her off midsentence. “You think I’m crazy don’t you?” Andrea accused, “I knew I shouldn’t have opened up to you about the nightmares and hallucinations!” Andrea was yelling now, disturbing the other patients out in the hall.

“We think it’s in your best interest to send you to a rehabilitation center,” Dr.Welsh told Andrea quietly.

Andrea fixed her gaze on the therapist. Was she kidding? She was far from crazy, the hallucinations she had were from the drugs. It’s the drugs fault she thought.

“It’s the drugs I tell yah!” Andrea screamed, getting out of her chair violently, “I’m not crazy!”

Andrea was nervous now because two men wearing white smocks and slacks came in through the door way.
“Who are they?” Andrea raised her voice, pointing at the two mysterious men.
“We are just trying to help it’s in your best interest,” Dr.Welsh said robotically. The two men walked slowly and cautiously over to Andrea.
“You’re not taking me anywhere,” She said defiantly.

The men grabbed Andrea by the wrists. Andrea gripped the wooden chairs arms tightly, but the men still proceeded to pull her out and away from the chair. She couldn’t hold on much longer her knuckles were turning white from the pressure. With one last pull the men got Andrea free from the chair and dragged her out of the room.

Andrea squirmed and kicked anything to make it harder for the two men.
“I’M NOT CRAZY!” Andrea yelled one last time, as she was being forced out of the therapist’s office.

“It’s for your own good,” Dr.Welsh repeated one last time as the door swung shut.