How To Live Forever

Typical Day

Central High School. For short, Hell.

Of course you have the social classes that everyone seems to be put into. The popular kids, which is the hot cheerleaders and football players. They are your typical stuck up snooty people that almost always dates in their own social class. Then you have the jocks, which are made up of volleyball players, basketball players, and any other people that play sports. They are not as stuck up and snooty as the populars, but they still look down on you. Then you have the skaters, the emos, normal people, the geeks, the nerds, and then there's my social class. The nobodies. We basically don't exist. You could only imagine how much I hate school.

Image

"Hey Adam, you gonna eat that burger?" Dave says right when I get to the lunch table.

"Dude, I just got here, and I've been waiting in that lunch for 10 minutes, of course I'm going to eat this burger." I respond, pulling my seat up to the table getting ready to grub.

"Yeah Dave, quit being such a pig." Stanley says, coating his potato wedges with ketchup. All of a sudden, Drew Selby, the quarterback of the football team, and his friends made their way over to our table.

"What's up, Wolfe, buddy. Gonna eat that?" Right when Drew asks that, he snatches up my burger and takes a big bite out of it. "Mmm, glad I didn't have to wait in line." Drew and his buddies laughed.

"Hey, I waited 10 minutes in line for that burger. I'm gonna eat it." I reply, infuriated. Drew and his crew look at me.

"Okay." Drew says, lifting up the top bun and spitting all over the patty and placing it back onto my plate, "you can have it." Drew and his buddies laughed histerically while walking away. A couple of hot girls walk by giggling hysterically while calling us nerds and wimps.

"Well, typical day." Stanley says, offering me a potato wedge. I take it.

"Ugh! I'm so sick and tired of being pushed around like this." I say, biting into my potato wedge.

"Aren't we all." Stanley responds. "Why can't we live in a world where I don't have to share my potato wedges with Adam everyday at lunch after his burger gets brutally spat on?"

"This needs to stop." I say.

"Well then do something about it." Dave says, finishing up the rest of his milk.

"What can I do?" I say, eating the rest of my potato wedges on my plate. "I'm just a wimpy nobody."

"What we need around here is change." Stanley says.

Change.

"Maybe I can do that." I declare. The rest of the guys at the table look at me like I was crazy.

"How in the hell are you going to do that?" Stanley asks.

"I have the slightest idea." I say.

What am I gonna do? I'm a nobody. A wimpy nerdy nobody. Maybe I can actually do something. Maybe I could be the one to change things around here.