An Extremely Cliché Story About a Popular Boy Falling in Love With a Nerdy Girl

One

Chapter 1

Dex

I stared at the clock impatiently. I glared and scolded and grinded my teeth at it, but I couldn't scare it into moving faster. I really needed for class to be over so I could get away from Christine. She's been trying to flirt with me all day, and it was getting annoying. 

Christine is my ex girlfriend. She's hotter than any one of you bizzes, so shut it. She has bright red hair and hazel eyes. Her breasts are too big for my fingers to wrap around, and trust me, i would know. But she was getting a little too needy so I dumped her sorry little butt. 

She turned around and winked at me, and titled forward a little bit to show off her over-showed off boobs. Ew. I mean, it's not that I don't find it attractive, hut it's girls like her who have infected mankind with cliché-ness. 

I stared at the clock one last time and calculated how much time I had until I could get out of here. Fourty minutes. Okay, maybe I was exaggerating because I've only been here five minutes, but this isn't your story so I suggest you shut your mouth, okay?

"Class, I would like you to meet our new student, Melanie Gomez. She just transferred from Madison. Everyone give this girl a warm welcome to Roosevelt." Ms. Whatever said (I never pay attention to her name). We all clapped to be nice and Melanie took a seat. 

I looked her up and down and she wasn't anything. She had tan skin, but her face was way whiter the rest of her skin. She had the darkest brown eyes I've ever seen- Almost black. Her hair was black at the roots and then was reddish-brown all the way past her shoulders. She had those little six-year-old bangs, like that Dora the Explorer chick has. She was really skinny and a bit short. She was wearing really baggy clothes so I couldn't determine how big her chest was.

Throughout the entire class, Melanie the new girl coughed and sneezed continuously, and scrunched up her nose and pushed up her crooked wire glasses. Her hand jotted down everything the teacher said in record speed. She didn't look at anyone but the teacher all class period which I thought was weird, because usually newbies like to check out their new classmates. Huh. 

I have determined her status in this school: Antisocial NERD. 
But, no matter how nerdy she was, her binder was already cluttered by the end of fourth period- but only because she wrote down everything word for word. Freak. 

The bell finally rang (I think it was my mad Jedi skills that did that, I swear). I gathered all the crud I was told to get out and bolted out of the room... But nor before Christine showed up. Man, I should have not underestimated a determined girl in heels. 

"Haaaayyy, Dex. I'm having a party tonight.Wanna come with THIS sexy chick tonight?" She asked in a trying-too-hard-so-it's-not-one-bit-seductive-way. 

"Umm, maybe. I'll talk to my mom about it," I said quickly before I slid away. And, as if right one cue, my mom called. 

I pressed the Talk button on my cruddy slide up phone and held it up to my ear. 'Yo, whatsup ma?" I asked my mother, trying to hide the fact that I was just flippin' mind raped by my stalker ex-girlfriend. 

"I want you to hang out with our new neighbor after school today. They're very cool and very similar to you," she explained. 

"Well okay. What's his name?" I asked. 

"Oh, no, sweetheart. It's a girl. Her name is Melanie Gomez. Her mother said you two go to the same school?"

My drap dropped. I was supposed to sit around all afternoon with that? I would just rather go to Christines drunk and get laid party. 

Maybe I can go, actually but then my mom would probably make me bring Melanie. I sighed and gathered up the balls to say okay to hanging out with the new girl. This is going to be... (I don't want to say boring, that would be rude) interesting afternoon. I think. Nope, it'll be boring.