Status: Please comment, it would help me loads x

A Day In The Life Of Me

Chapter One

A Life in the Day.

Fern ---------, 15, lives in D-------r, D-----t with her Mother and younger sister, Rhiannon. She attends the T------- school where she is studying for her GCSEs. She hopes to attend the school's 6th form and an university after finishing compulsory school.

My phone wakes me at 7am by blasting music into my eardrums from it's location next to my head. After a few moment of staring at the poster clad wall trying to shake the fantasies of my dreamland, I have the strength to swing my legs out from the warmth of my duvet and into the Arctic temperature of my bedroom. I make a quick dash over the clothes, magazines and cuddly toys that litter the hard wood flooring. I slip on one of my oversized hoodies reaching into its pocket to retrieve my ipod. Slipknot blasts into my ears blocking out all sounds of the outside world. I briskly dress into my uniform and shove the school books into my bag.

After knocking on Rhiannon's door awakening the monster within, I retreat back into the safety of my room and finish any uncompleted homework I can before having to trek downstairs. I usually don't have breakfast. Sometimes, if I did not have chance to have dinner the night before, I have a piece of toast. But otherwise I rush out of the front door pulling on my hoodie.

The 20 minute walk to school is usually an uneventful one. But I plan my route to school carefully anyway. Past the library, up the main high street and through the hospital. I only have two things to say about my choice in route, witnesses and safety. I am slightly... paranoid. You never know what could happen. Even in a place like D---------. You see more and more headline like 'Murder probe after man shot dead' and 'Two arrests over toddlers death' now. You can never trust people. Trust and you get hurt. Trust and you're spread over tomorrow newspapers. Then forgotten the next.

The morning rushes by, some lessons drag on for what seems like hours. Now its lunch again, Sitting on the bench my friends and I claimed as our own a few years back. I plug my ipod into the headphones and waste the lunch away listening. Sometimes contributing, laughing, joking. But usually just sitting and observing. Before the summer holidays I wouldn't be sitting on the bench. I would be talking and lounging on the steps with my boyfriend, Ant. Throwing stuff at the others, Saying how quickly lunch goes by, how we would soon be in lessons, teachers droning on about stuff we don't care about.

But he's not at school right now. Still in the hospital. Probably watching day time television. He basically knows the whole TV timetable from 10am to about 5pm. I visit him most days. At the weekend up to 8 hours I can spend in the hospital. He'll be out soon, a week or so. Spending a month in hospital must be dead boring. I couldn't stand it.

Art is the only lesson I thoroughly enjoy. At the moment we are creating sculptures out of card and tissue paper. I'm making a life size tiger. Though I'm behind because of the scale of my sculpture it will be worth it. I need my A*. Art is my passion. I love it. I'll show people my sketch pad and they'll ask 'how long did this take you?' but usually I have no clue – I go into my own little world when I'm drawing.

When I finally get home at 7 I eat my microwaved meal and head back upstairs. Turn my CD player on. Check Facebook, see if anybody has commented on my pictures or status – they usually haven't. Every other day I phone my Dad, or he phones us. We talk for a while about everything and anything. He comes out with all sorts of expressions. Bless your cotton socks is one of them. I reply with but I'm not wearing socks. He always laughs at that one – even though I must have said it one million times before. After our phone call I get out my sketch pad and draw for a while. At 10 my mum tells me to turn my music off. And I do.

Then I read until I can't keep my eyes open for one minute longer. I mark my page as well as switching off the lights. Soon after I fall into slumber. Dreaming of futures I could never have. Only to be yanked from them yet again.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment :)
tell me what you think, are there any improvements I could make?