Status: Complete

You're My Medication

George.

Nikki looked down at her buzzing phone and saw a text from Jack. They had plans to hang out after she got off work from the coffee shop near her house. Jack was just telling her that he might be a few minutes late in meeting her.

“He’s always a few minutes late,” she grumbled closing her phone and putting it in her pocket. Nikki walked out of the coffee shop and suddenly smiled. She’ll surprise him at his house and then they can leave together.

Feeling happy and excited about surprising Jack, Nikki made her way to his house. She’s only been there once and didn’t even go inside. Jack needed to grab his backpack so he went in without her.

When she arrived at his house, Nikki knocked on the door with a wide smile and waited for Jack to answer it. The door opened, but it wasn’t Jack behind it. There was an average size man standing there with a beer bottle in his hand. The young girl eyed the alcohol before looking at the man’s face. He must be related to Jack because they have the same facial features.

“I’m Nicole, is Jack here? We were supposed to meet up for coffee in a few minutes,” Nikki asked sweetly.

“Jack! There’s a slut at the door. Get your ass down here and fix it!” the man yelled back into the house. Nikki was put off by what he said. He didn’t even know her and her called her a slut! She wanted to punch the man, but still didn’t know who he was. Maybe Jack’s older brother or father…

Jack jogged down the stairs and his eyes widened when he saw Nikki standing at his front door. He rushed over to her and stood between her and the man at the door.

“Nikki, I told you I was going to be late,” he said quietly, but sternly. He glanced back at the man with the beer from the corner of his eye trying to see what he was doing without being obvious.

“I got off work and I didn’t want to sit at the coffee shop alone. I decided to surprise you…” she trailed off. Jack didn’t seem to like her surprise.

“So, you’re one of Jack’s little friends, hmm?” the man asked eyeing Nikki up and down. He took a swig of his beer and set it down on an end table near the door. He placed a hand on Nikki’s shoulder and tried to lead her further into the house.

“Come inside and make yourself at home—“

“No, it’s okay Dad. We were just leaving,” Jack said grabbing Nikki’s hand and pulling her in the opposite direction. Nikki looked at the man Jack called his father and frowned a little. She never met his parents before, but she knew his mother left a few years ago to be with her young lover that she had been having an affair with for quite a while.

“Nonsense, any of your friends are welcome here,” his father continued, trying to pull Nikki inside and shut the door. His rancid breath burned her nostrils and she smelt the alcohol all over the man. Jack kept a firm hold on her hand to keep her from going with his dad.

“Really, Mr. Napier, we already had plans. It was nice meeting you, but we should get going,” Nikki tried to wiggle out of his hold, but he tightened his grip on her shoulder causing her to wince. Jack saw this and yelled.

“George! Let her go!” His dad released Nikki and glared at Jack. George approached Jack and shoved him against the wall, his hands wrapping around his throat and cutting his air supply off.

“I am your FATHER and you will refer to me as Dad!” he bellowed. Nikki’s hands began to shake and she held them up to cover her mouth in horror. What the hell was happening?!

“You get your face fucked up with those hideous scars, you don’t call me Dad, and then you bring one of your whores into my house?! What're you going to do next?! Leave? You're going to do what your mother did, aren’t you?! You always were a Momma’s boy!” Jack was desperately trying to claw George’s hands off his throat to breathe. Nikki wanted to help, but she didn’t know what to do.

Looking around everywhere, she spotted the glass beer bottle on the table and grabbed it. Without thinking, she raised it above her head and brought it down on George’s head. He howled in pain and let Jack go to clutch his throbbing head.

Jack didn’t waste any time in getting to Nikki and taking her hand again. He yanked her towards the door and started running while she struggled to keep up. Her adrenaline was picking up and her entire body felt weird.

“Dammit Jack! Get back here!!! …Just wait! You can't run away from me! I’ll find you and make you regret running away!!” George screamed after them.


I jerked awake and sat up in the unfamiliar room. Remembering what happened earlier that day, I sighed and laid back down. The dream was another flash back of mine and J’s past.

Shortly after we got away from George, J and I ran away from everyone and started our lives together. Jack became J and I became his medication, the only one able to calm him down. He was only 19 and I was 17…

“Nikki? You awake?” Ruff knocked on the door and entered the room. I smiled at him and sat up while he took a seat on the edge of the bed.

“What's up?”

“I have to tell you something and I don’t think that you’ll really want to hear it…” he mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows and paid closer attention.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Boss, uh he found a new ally of sorts to help him with George,” Ruff said and sighed again.

“…who is it?” I asked softly hoping it wasn’t who I thought it was.

“Catwoman.” I groaned and felt backwards onto the bed and closed my eyes. She is the last person I want to see right now, besides George. Last time we ran into her, she tried to get J into bed with her. She has a thing for bad guys…

Harleen was still around then and luckily she annoyed Catwoman so much that she backed off of J. But then Harley got too clingy and I had to take care of her…

“Why the hell did he contact her?” I asked staring at the ceiling.

“Actually, she showed up while you were sleeping and offered her help. Word has spread everywhere that George is here and looking for you two. Maroni and a few of his men are assisting him too.” I rolled onto my side away from Ruff and closed my eyes. I don’t need this stress right now.

“Is she here right now?” I asked softly.

“I think so. She was in the living room with Boss when I came in here to talk to you. …What are you going to do?” he asked quietly. I sat up and got out of the bed.

“I’m going to leave. I don’t want to be here when she is. We’ve never gotten along anyway,” I grumbled and grabbed my phone, shoving it into my pocket. Ruff followed me as I walked out of the room and into the living room. Catwoman looked up from her seat on the couch and sneered at me. J looked up at me too and grinned widely.

“Nikki, look who popped up out of nowhere to help us! Things are going to get fun,” he laughed darkly, the wheels in his head already turning to form his plans that he swears he doesn’t make.

“Good for you,” I mumbled heading for the door. J frowned and watched me.

“Where are you going?” he asked standing up. I held up my hand to stop him from following me.

“I want to be alone right now. Do whatever you want with Catwoman and your schemes. I'm going to get fresh air and right now I want to be alone,” I explained. J frowned even more, but let me walk out the door. After I closed it, I took a deep breath, but didn’t feel any better.

The idea of Catwoman hanging around bugged me. She’s not trustworthy and I'm not her favorite person in the world. I have a bad feeling someone is going to get hurt when all of this is over…

I walked until I reached the inner city and saw familiar buildings and places. I headed in the direction of my apartment. Maybe the cops aren’t swarming it for evidence and I can get a few more things…

I hid around the corner, but didn’t see any cops coming or leaving my building so I went into it cautiously. I got to my door and unlocked it carefully just to make sure it wasn’t a trap. No one was inside so I closed the door behind me and sat down on my expensive couch. It doesn’t look like anything was moved since I was last here.

“You finally came back. Nikki, we need to talk.” I looked up and saw Batman standing in my doorway. Just great…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SOOO freaking sorry I let it go this long without an update. I've been working more hours and school is killing me. I'm finally getting a small break. I'm going to try to update all my stories this week. Don't lose hope in me!!
BTW, I have a new favorite Joker story and I've been wanting to share it with you guys. It's by Lucy Furrr. http://member.mibba.com/152803
Daddy's Little Scar http://stories.mibba.com/read/354747/Daddys-Little-Scar
Check it out and read it(: