Status: Complete

You're My Medication

Brotherly.

"Jack, what was George talking about?” I whispered into his neck. We were currently laying in bed at our newest base. We were forced to move because any of George’s surviving men could know where our other one was thanks to The Cat.

“When?” he asked huskily; his voice thick with sleep. I guess he was dozing off while I was over here racking my brain for information.

“He kept talking about someone else coming with him to Gotham…”

“Don’t worry about it. He was probably just trying to mess with our heads before he died; his last attempt failed,” he grumbled and buried the side of his face into the pillow.

“But what if—“

“Sh sh sh. Go back to sleep, Doll,” his mumbled and ran his ungloved hand through my short hair.

“I can’t sleep,” I snapped irritated. Jack sat up on one elbow and raised an eyebrow as he looked down at me.

“Is it really bothering you this much?” he asked holding back a yawn.

“Yes!”

“Nikki, I have no idea what he was talking about. I’ve forgotten almost everything before I became the Joker and I don’t know who he was talking about. If someone did come with George, Hulk will find it on the surveillance cameras.”

“I guess you're right,” I whispered closing my eyes. Jack chuckled and kissed my forehead before making himself comfortable again.

We’ve made up since our last fight and now things are great. Really great… He’s Jack now most of the time when we’re alone. No more acting behind closed doors, but I can't say as much when he’s around the goons.

I yawned quietly before feeling myself doze off to sleep and Jack wasn’t far behind me.

~*~

”Jack! Hurry up! The pizza will be here any second and you promised to split the money with me,” Damien growled. Jack chuckled into his cell phone.

“Dude, relax. I’m only a few minutes away. I’m taking a shortcut through some alleys.”

“Seriously? You’ll get mugged!” Damien yelled into the phone. Jack grimaced and held the phone away from his ear while his friend yelled.

“I think I can take care of myself,” he laughed. Damien mumbled something that Jack couldn’t hear.

“Really, I’m only a block away. I’m passing by Tammy’s Café right now,” Jack explained.

“You better get your arse over here fast. We have that Physics test tomorrow and you know I suck and need your help,” Damien whined.

“I got it! I got it. See you in a few minutes,” Jack said and snapped his phone shut. God his friend could annoy him sometimes. Jack hoisted his backpack higher up on his shoulders and sped up. Damien would kill him if he didn’t get there before the pizza man did.

He was passing by another alley when he heard her scream. Snapping his head toward the noise, he saw the tiny blonde being attacked against the alley wall.

“Go get help!” Jack panicked and dropped his bag before running to help her—


J shot up in bed and breathed in deeply. He was never one to have dreams about how he got his scars. He didn’t really dream in general either. Calming down, he looked over and saw Nikki sleeping peacefully next to him.

J quietly got out of bed and padded into the connected bathroom to shower. How could he have forgotten? Who else would have come with his father to get revenge on him?

Stepping into the scalding hot water, J relaxed a little and cleared his head. If Damien was here, then he had his work cut out for him. He’d probably go straight for Nikki like George did, but J wouldn’t let that happen. Nikki has already gone through too much.

He was given an ultimatum back in England and he made his choice. That’s why he’s in Gotham with Nikki now, but why would Damien come for them now?

He obviously knew about his Joker persona if he had kept in contact with his father…

~*~

I woke up to the sound of water running. Blinking my eyes awake, I slowly stood up and walked into the bathroom. There was so much steam that it felt hard to breathe.

Jack must be upset about something…

I slowly stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower with Jack. He smirked at me and turned the heat down a little so it didn’t burn me.

“Well well well, lookey here,” he grinned cheekily.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself big boy,” I teased and wiped some of his running makeup off. Jack’s naturally tan skin showed beneath the white face paint so I continued to clean his face.

He closed his eyes and breathed deeply.

“What're you thinking about?” I asked softly once all the paint was off.

“I know what George was talking about.”

“Huh? About the guy?” I asked feeling the water get cooler as we ran out of heat. Jack turned it off and got out of the shower. I followed his leave and got dressed, throwing my hair up into a messy bun.

Jack strode out of the bedroom already dressed and I had to run to keep up with him. He was heading into the computer room where the goons usually were.

“Hey Boss,” Ruff said from a couch. Skid, Dot, Hulk, and Ruff were all there. J nodded and waited for me to sit down next to Ruff before he continued.

“George brought someone here with him from England,” He began. Hulk immediately turned to his keyboard and was typing furiously.

“His name is Damien Ferguson. All you guys need to worry about it locating him before finds us.” J turned to leave and I jumped up to follow him. Why the hell was he being to jumpy?!

“J, talk to me!” I snapped and grabbed his sleeve. J spun around and pinned me against a kitchen counter we were passing by.

“Nikki, I’m being serious here. Damien will act just like George. I pissed him off back in England and knowing him, he won’t go down easily,” he growled. I searched his face and all I found was anger and nervousness.

“J, how do you know him?”

“We were close friends, almost brotherly like,” he mumbled and relaxed his hold on my arms slightly.

“But why would he be mad enough at you to team up with George?” I asked softly.

“Because I chose you,” he whispered and walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow... I've been gone forever... Sorry about that. Leave me some comments ;)

BTW I'll be posting my first chapter of my new Emmett Story soon :D