Status: Complete

You're My Medication

Meeting.

It was dark out and J had turned the headlights off the van so it looked even darker. The Goons were whispering amongst themselves in the back while J and I sat up front and stared out the window.

“How do you know that they’ll be here tonight?” I asked looking at the empty parking garage. J lightly tapped the steering wheel with his purple gloved hands. His makeup was fresh and he looked eager to jump someone.

“I just know. It’s an instinct thing,” he replied softly, his eyes darting around the area in front of us. He was convinced that Two-Face and Damien were going to show up here.

“J?”

“Hm?” he asked thoughtfully and looked at me. I glanced at the goons and saw that they weren’t paying any attention to us.

“I think—“ I shook my head and changed my mind. I can’t tell him that… I opted for something else instead.

“I don’t want to stay in Gotham anymore. After this, I want to leave… with you,” I said. That was another thing I wanted to talk to him about, the other one can wait for now. J turned to face me and frowned.

“Why? I thought you liked it here,” he mumbled.

“J… Think about everything we’ve been through. It’s time to leave,” I whispered. J was about to say something else, but stopped and jerked to look out the window. Another car was pulling into the garage. It parked a few rows over and turned its lights off. Everyone in the van was quiet.

We watched as Two-Face slowly got out and stretched. He closed the car door and stuck his hands in his coat pockets and waited. I dialed Bruce’s number on my cell phone and waited for him to pick up.

“Yes?”

“Two-Face is here,” I said softly never letting the man leave my sight.

“I’ll be there soon,” he replied and hung up.

“Batman’s on his way,” I told J, but he was too focused on the man that he managed to scar. An evil smile slowly crawled onto his face and it sent small chills down my spine.

“This is it, Nikki,” he mumbled and quietly got out of the car. We all followed his lead and snuck up behind Two-Face.

“Shouldn’t we wait for Batman,” I hissed as softly as I could, but J just shook his head and kept moving.

“Tsk tsk tsk, Joker, I know you’re here. Did you think I was that stupid?” Two-Face turned around and J straightened his posture a little to appear taller.

“Hm, it could be debated,” he smirked and toyed with the pocket knife in his hand. Two-Face frowned and snapped his fingers. Men started getting out of cars all around us. Had they been there the whole time?! I stepped back until I was side by side with Ruff just in case something happened.

“Well that’s an interesting surprise,” J said smoothly and counted all the men until he stopped at 18.

“Just give it up, Joker. I have you surrounded,” Two-Face grinned, stretching the scarred tissue on the left side of his face.

“It’s too bad you weren’t the person I came here to see,” J commented and looked around again, but I didn’t see Damien there at all.

“Oh, you mean Damien. He should be here any second. He would hate to miss this; it’s going to be the best part,” Two-Face filled us in. The screeching of wheels filled the air and we all turned to see a black mustang speed in with Batman hot on its heels.

“Now the party can start!” Two-Face yelled and motioned for his men to move. The Goons jumped in as well. I slowly backed away even further to watch the fighting unfold. J was fighting with Two-Face. I turned to see Batman open the mustang door, but the driver was gone. We made eye contact and he joined in the help J.

I turned around to go back to the van to get it started in case we needed to make a run for it, but someone stopped my path.

“Hello, Nikki. I’m Damien,” he grinned down at me. I was about to turn to run, but his strong arms grabbed me and refused to release me.

“Let go!” I screamed. J turned just in time to see Damien shove me into the mustang and leave the parking garage.

“Let me out!” I snapped and tried to open the door, but it was locked and could only be unlocked from the driver’s side.

“Just sit back and enjoy the ride, Nikki. It’s gonna be a long one,” he chuckled and flipped his curly hair out of his eyes.

“And where are we going?” I asked glaring at him.

“You’ll see, but just so that you don’t get any ideas, grab those zip ties on the floor board.”

“What?” I asked incredulously.

“Grab the zip ties,” he growled and pointed a gun at me, but kept driving. I almost retorted, but I don’t really want a bullet in me… I grabbed the zip ties like he asked.

“Good, now tie them around your hands like cuffs,” he ordered and wagged the gun at me lazily. I huffed, but did what he said. He glanced at my hands and nodded in approval before placing the gun back in his lap so he could drive properly.

“Tell me, Nikki, how are you and Jack these days?”

“Is this your idea of small talk?” I mumbled and looked out the window.

“We can either talk or sit in silence for the next hour,” he snapped angrily.

“We’re just peachy,” I grumbled.

“Have you slept together?” he asked lowly.

“What?” I asked turning to face him.

“You heard me… Has. He. Fucked. You?” Damien asked darkly taking his eyes off the road to glare at me.

“Watch the road!” I yelled seeing a truck heading our way. Damien moved just in time, but he was still waiting for an answer.

“That’s none of your business!” I said defiantly.

“Don’t test me, Nikki. I can make anything by business. Anything having to do with Jack is considered my business. We’re best friends!”

“You were best friends!” I yelled back. Damien back handed me and held the gun up to my head. I gripped my throbbing cheek and glared at him.

“Don’t piss me off, Nikki. I don’t need to keep you around for long…” he whispered harshly before smacking me in the temple with the butt of the gun. Darkness clouded my vision and that was the last thing I remembered before passing out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was so short. I'm having a writer's block and this story will be ending soon /: leave comments!! (: