Status: Complete

You're My Medication

Interrogations.

Dot and I continued to watch the news to see if anything about J came up, but all they had was the anchor, Mike, talking about Harvey being Batman. I was about the go to sleep when Mike almost jumped out of his seat.

“Breaking news! The police have spotted The Joker. He is driving an 18-wheeler on highway 11. When they get their chance, the police are going to make the arrest and finally take the clown into custody. Gotham city is rising above the scum and taking charge. The Joker is only the first step.” He pumped his fist into the air, but I was borderline hyperventilating. They were going to take J away from me.

“Where're you going?” Dot called after me as I ran out of the room. My keys were jingling from how much my hands were shaking.

“I won’t let them take him from me. Not again!” I yelled behind me and ran outside to me car. Highway 11 wasn’t far from here and I could be there within a few minutes. I swear I could kick butt in NASCAR with my speeding.

I was soon on highway 11 and got there just in time to see the real Batman flip J’s 18-wheeler all the way over so it was upside down. I slammed on my breaks and felt my heart drop into my stomach. God, please let him be okay. I sat in my car and watched for any sign of life.

My breathing hitched in my throat when I saw a purple lump stumble out of the truck cab. J got up and cracked his neck. He started walking toward the other side of the street and fired his machine gun. What’s he doing?

I looked further down and saw Batman driving toward him on a motorcycle. He’s going to hit him! I was about to jump out, but stopped when Batman swerved last minute and crashed into the wrecked truck. I slowly got out and walked to J.

“J?” I called. He glanced at me, but I knew he was in full J mode and ignored me for the most part. He leaned over Batman and was about the unmask him and I did nothing to stop him. I just stood at his side and watched him, but then I felt myself be picked up. I screamed and J stopped. He looked at me and whatever was behind me, but he was soon pinned down with cops on top of him.

“Let go of me!” I yelled and tried to get out of the cop’s grip, but I weak and small. Remember I'm 5”2’ and 23 years old… J growled when the cop grabbed my face to keep me still. Batman was up and standing, watching us being forced into the cop cars. I sat next to J in the car, both of us cuffed.

“What now?” I asked. J just giggled like he planned on this happening the whole time, but he has told me many times that he does NOT plan things. Oh well, maybe he did plan this.

“We’re going to be put into different rooms, but we’ll only be apart for a little bit,” he said. The driver got in and drove us to GCPD and J was right. We were separated and placed into two interrogation rooms.

I blinked as the blinding light burned my eyes. I groaned and played with my hand cuffs. Gordan walked in and sat down in front of me, undoing the cuffs and hooking them back onto his belt.

There were mirrors all around me. Did they think they were smart or sneaky? What was the point in trying to hide if everyone knows that there are people watching behind the two way mirror? Batman was probably watching me too.

“How long has he been holding you hostage?” Gordan asked with pity. Hostage? Is that what they thought was going on? I shook my head with a small smile.

“No, I wasn’t a hostage,” I smirked and he lost all signs of showing me pity.

“Why were you with him then?” he asked trying to sound intimidating. I wasn’t intimidated…

“I'm just a friend of his.” Gordan glanced toward a mirror and then looked me in the eyes. He seemed deep in thought.

“He doesn’t love you. He did the same thing with a girl named Harleen Quinzel and then he pushed her out a window on the 8th floor of an apartment building, killing her.” No I killed her and J took the blame. She was getting too annoying and hanging all over J way too much for my liking.

I shook my head again and smiled.

“I’m not like that. I'm really just a friend.” Gordan was beyond confused now and I smiled. I'm already caught so why not screw with him a little bit more.

“What do you mean by ‘friend’,” he asked using finger quotes.

“I mean I probably know more about him than you do about your own kids,” I stated.

“That’s impossible. You don’t know anything about him. He’s skin deep and nothing more. He’ll throw you away once he’s done with you. Come with me and we’ll help you,” he was pissing me off. J did care about me at least like a friend.

“Why do you try to tell me how J is when you are the one who knows nothing about him? I’ve known him for years. I knew J before he ever became The Joker. I went to high school with him. I know his birthday, his age, name, parents, past… I know how he really got his scars,” I said feeling sad.

“How do you know for sure how he got his scars? He could have lied to you like he does to everyone else.”

“I know for sure because I watched it happen. You really don’t know anything about us so don’t try to tell me I don’t know anything about J when I know everything,” I growled. Gordan stood up and leaned closer to me.

“You need to tell me everything,” he demanded.

“Like hell I am. You were not very nice to me earlier, telling me J didn’t care about me. I don’t like being treated like that Gordan.” He grumbled something and left the room. I smiled and waved at the mirror. A few more minutes passed before Gordan returned.

“Get up. You're going to see The Joker.” I didn’t really have a choice because Gordan grabbed my arm and pulled me along. He led me down another hall and to another room. I could hear Batman yelling, probably at J. J laughed and I could faintly hear him.

“You have nothing! Nothing to threaten me with!” he laughed again, but there was a buzzing noise and Gordan opened the door. J stared at me and then glared at Gordan. Gordan pushed me into the room and shut the door.

“J? What's going on?” I asked feeling s little scared with Batman in the room. Batman watched us closely, mainly J. He watched his facial expressions. Even I could see how angry he was.

“Gordan, get her out of her! Bastard, throwing a girl into a fight between men!” he yelled. Batman smirked and walked towards me. I flinched back and J snapped his head towards us. Batman took another step closer to me and J growled at him.

“So, Joker…There is nothing to threaten you with?” he mocked and ran the back of his hand down my face. I shivered and tried to move away, but Batman grabbed my arm tightly.

“Don’t touch her Batsy. I don’t like involving her in my business,” he warned, but Batman squeezed harder and I winced. That is going to leave a bruise. J lunged at him, taking him down. They smacked the tiled floor so hard some of the tiles cracked. I backed away when Batman threw J off of him. Both men were standing and ready to go again. I have to stop them.

“J stop!” I screamed. His body froze and Batman stopped too. I walked over to J and he looked down at me. I put my hand on his arm and he visibly relaxed. Batman watched and I could feel the stares from behind the mirror.

“He’s at 250 52nd St and she’s at Avenue X and Cicero,” he whispered never taking his eyes off of mine. Batman stormed out of the room. J pulled me over to a wall and we sat down against it. He pulled me even closer and let me lean my head against his arm.

“Just wait a little while longer,” he cooed into my ear and played with strands of my hair.

“Sorry for making this harder,” I mumbled. He giggled and held me tighter against him.

“It’s all part of the plan…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it?(: Leave comments(: