Status: Complete

You're My Medication

Reunion.

When Matt roughly pulled me outside and into the alleyway, my bare feet scuffed against the concrete pavement. I cringed at the dull pain and tried to keep up with his fast pace. He stopped suddenly in the middle of the alley behind the secret station and let go of me.

“Get your fresh air,” he commanded and leaned against the back wall of the station. I relaxed after a little bit and looked up at the blue sky. It actually looked peaceful for once unlike how Gotham usually is. I watched the white puffy clouds roll by in the wind and thought about what they would taste like if you ate them. They look like cotton candy, give me a break…

Never mind, back to forming my genius plan.

I looked over at Matt and tried to size him up. He was maybe 6’3, maybe 280 pounds, lots of muscles; they were practically exploding from his uniform. He was bald and had a tattoo of a soaring eagle on the back of his head. He caught me staring at him and I looked away quickly. He probably wasn’t a fast runner; too much muscle equals more weight. I casually walked around staring at the sky as innocently as I could.

“Are you almost done?” he asked gruffly. I looked at him with my best puppy eyes and examined him as he stiffened under my gaze.

“Just a little longer, please?” I asked. Matt quickly nodded and looked the other way and away from me. So even a big guy like him can't resist a begging girl… I smirked and looked around to the left and the right. It was a shorter run if I went left.

I looked to the sky again waiting for the right moment to run. I glanced at Matt from the corner of my eye and saw he was still looking in the other direction. As quietly as possible, I took off running to the left. I was almost at the end of the alley way when I heard Matt yell behind me. He radioed Gordan when I turned the corner, but I kept running until I was in the center of Gotham.

Everything looked familiar and I knew that one of J’s bases was close. It was the one that I went to before. I started running again down the highway and took exit 64. The warehouse came into view and my lungs began to burn for me to stop and breathe, but I ignored it and sprinted the last few yards.

I practically collided with the metal door and began pounding my fists against it.

“J! SKID! RUFF! HULK!” I screamed at the door. My hands turned red from me hitting it so hard. A shocked and confused Skid opened the door, but I didn’t offer him an explanation and just ran past him and up the stairs to J’s room.

I threw open the door without a care and stepped inside. J was sitting behind his desk going through a mess of papers that contained his ‘business’.

“Not now Ruff. We still have to put the explosives in the library, and I don’t have time to talk. They moved Nikki somewhere else and I need to find out where.” He thought I was Ruff…

“J,” I breathed, “I’m not lost anymore.” His ultra super hearing heard me and his head shot up like a bullet. I closed the door and J stood up slowly and a little unsure.

“Nikki…? You’re here. How…?” his voice sounded like Jack’s and lacked the usual whine that J had. I nodded my head and approached him.

“Who else would be crazy enough to run away from the cops and back to you?” I asked. J chuckled and opened his arms for me. I wasted no time in throwing myself on him. He grabbed me and held on tightly like I would disappear again. Tears were sliding down my face when I felt him pull me even closer to him. Sobs racked my body and I shook in his embrace.

“I was so scared I would never see you again. Gordan wouldn’t let me go…”

“It’s okay now. You're safe with me,” he whispered. It was Jack now. I smiled and nodded against his chest. He pulled back so that he could look at me. After wiping a tear off my cheek, he leaned down and gently kissed me.

“I really missed you,” I mumbled when we separated. He genuinely smiled at me in response.

“For a minute there I thought I was actually going to go crazy…” I giggled softly and let him lead me over to the bed where we laid down in peaceful silence. J being in Jack mode held me to his chest while I traced small patterns into his honey comb shirt. He didn’t have on his jacket or vest.

“We’re going to have to leave again,” he commented while I nodded my head to agree. I didn’t like the idea of packing up and moving again, but it would be for the best.

“The police will be coming after you and me until they either arrest or kill me in the process…” I sighed softly and rested my head on his outstretched arm.

“What about the goons?” I watched as Jack faded away and J came back fully with the shrug of his shoulders.

“We’ll just leave them here. We’ll go somewhere sunnier or somewhere rainy; wherever you want. You get to pick this time because I picked Gotham and look how that ended up.” I didn’t care where we went as long as J and I got to stay together.

“I had a dream about you while I was with the police,” I mumbled remembering what happened earlier. It was getting dark now and J leaned down more so he was resting against the pillows.

“About what?” he asked with an excited smile that made him look like a little kid.

“About when we met. I was 15 and you were 17. I felt like I was reliving it… It was like it happened yesterday; I saw all the blood and those brutes trying to hurt you…” J’s smile dropped and his hold on me got tighter. I knew he tried to forget about it every day, but I also know that that’s impossible. The scars will always be there as an ugly reminder…

“No one will ever touch you like that ever again. I won’t let them,” he practically growled, but that made me laugh.

“So I'm going to stay a virgin for the rest of my life?” he caught on and chuckled a little lightening the mood only a little. I felt a yawn build up in my throat and escape only then realizing how tired I was. How can I be tired? I slept the whole day away at the police station… I snuggled closer to J and closed my eyes.

“Just don’t forget that you’re not the only one who has scars that will never fade, Mister.” I felt his hand slowly trace my scars on my thigh. A shiver ran down my spine at his touch; it wasn’t the bad kind, but he made me feel comfortable.

“You didn’t have to do that,” he whispered. I nodded tiredly and kept my eyes closed and just felt his fingers lightly touching my leg.

“It was a thank you and besides, I wanted to be closer to you in some way.” J kissed my forehead.

“You should also know that I'm going to stay by your side forever and you’ll just have to deal with it,” I added causing him to chuckle. His OCD seemed to kick in and he began to play with my hair.

“I’ll be looking forward to it,” he said and I felt myself drifting off into sleep mode.

“Good because I really love you…” I mumbled falling sleep. He said something else, but I was already in dreamland.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please(: Tell me if you guys like the Jack side of J or not. I personally like that J isn't completely crazy, but give me your opinions!