Baby Steps

The End

“Is not!” Alex playfully growled at his son, Noah, who was currently occupying his lap with a frown on his baby-like face. Alaska bit her lip to stifle the laughter that was threatening to bubble over her plump lips much like champagne foaming out of it's bottle. Her eyes flickered back and forth between Alex and Noah incredulously. They had been bickering for nearly an hour now and it was beginning to grow ridiculous. Their retorts came without hesitation and it nearly made Alaska's head spin. She felt as if she was watching a tennis match. She pondered whether or not Alex noticed that he was indeed bickering with a six year old.

“Is too!”

“Is not!”

“Is too! They have talking parrots!” Noah challenged narrowing his emerald eyes, daring his father to come up with something better than talking parrots. They were arguing over which was cooler. A ninja or a pirate. Noah seemed very fond of the pirates and has been since he was a little boy. Alaska was curious to see how Alex would handle it.

“Well, ninjas can steal anything--”Alaska quickly interrupted Alex's counterpoint.

“Hey, you will not be teaching my son to steal.” She scolded him causing Noah to laugh at his father's expense. In merely five days, less than a week Alex had found out that his friends were keeping in contact with his child, that his child was a boy, and that he still had a chance with Alaska.

It had been a day since reuniting with Alaska at the hospital. After Noah had been admitted from the hospital Alex and Alaska had decided it was best to get a good night's sleep after the rough day they had just endured. The rest of the All Time Low boys went home after quickly say their hellos and goodbyes to Noah and Alaska before drifting off to find a hotel to spend the night in; they included Amelia in their adventure.

Alex glared at Alaska without malice and chuckled despite himself, “Ninja's are still better.” He muttered under his breath. Alaska rolled her eyes and waited for Noah to pipe up with his own opinion once again.

“No way!” Here we go again, Alaska thought to herself shaking her head back and forth with a small smile stretching upon her face.

“Alright enough you two. Go get dressed Noah and make sure to brush your teeth.” Noah reluctantly slid off of Alex's lap but not without hugging him tightly. Alex ruffled Noah's sandy hair and pecked him on the cheek briskly trying to maintain his manliness but spark in Alex's eyes told her that he loved Noah with everything he had.

“Ma, do I have to?” Noah whined widening his eyes. “Can't I do it later?”

Alaska shook her head, “You can come right back afterward.” She replied in a stern voice.

“Squirt, listen to your mother.” Alex suggested, “She means well.” Alaska peered at him through her peripheral vision and shot him a grateful smile.

“You'll still be here when I get back right?” Noah inquired checking to make sure that Alex didn't suddenly disappear. He just found his father he didn't want to lose him just yet. He hoped that Alex would stick around for a long, long time.

Alex rolled up his sleeves to his elbows and placed them on his knees so he was eye level with the green eyed boy, “You know it.” He asserted shooting him a cheeky grin. Noah nodded cheerfully and paddled on the hard wood floors. He walked cautiously to make sure he didn't slip again. He had clearly learned his lesson from the accident and both Alex and Alaska were glad.

Alaska leaned back on the couch letting her body sink in, “Look at you. You're a natural father. Already backing up what I'm saying.” She smirked.

Alex mock gasped, “Are you saying that I'm whipped?” He followed in suit with Alaska and let his body relax against the plush cushions of the living room couch. The past days had been stressful to say the least and it was nice to relax without having to worry about any surprise curve balls.

Alaska winked, “Never.” He snorted in reply.

“I was thinking,” Alex started, “I wanted to talk to you about something.”

“Shoot.”

Alex inhaled sharply, “I was wondering, well I was kind of hoping--”

“Alex would you spit it out already?” Alaska giggled girlishly; she had a hunch of where this conversation was going and it was an understatement to say that she was merely excited. Her cheeks were flushed, not because it was cold in the house but because she was nervous. She hadn't been nervous in almost seven years.

Alex rushed the next sentence, “I was hoping that maybe you'd like to give us a shot? I know that you said that you'd give me a chance to get to know Noah but I'd really like to get to know you again too. We were once really good together. We wouldn't have to jump into what we used to be of course. I mean we can if you want to but--” Alex continued to babble mindlessly until Alaska couldn't take it anymore.

She leaned over while his eyes were averted to the ground and used her pointer finger underneath his chin to catch his gaze. When Alex took in Alaska's serious face all conversation ceased. She traced Alex's chin and moved her hand towards his cheek where she placed her palm against the prickly stubble. Goosebumps erupted along Alex's neck and Alaska's mouth twisted into a smirk that Alex could get used to. She bent down towards Alex's neck keeping eye contact with him. She let her lips gently glide along the skin and Alex's breath caught in his throat. She placed a series of butterfly kisses long his neck moving towards his chin. Her lips hovered over Alex's and she gently pecked the corner of his mouth. Alex took in a shaky breathe shuddering slightly.

He snapped out of his frozen state and gripped Alaska's hips in his hands to either pull her closer or push her away; he wasn't completely sure yet. He ached for her to kiss him, yes, that's all he wanted but he didn't want for Alaska to kiss him and have Noah witness it. He didn't want Noah to jump to any conclusions. Alex needed to be certain that he was going to be with Alaska. All he needed to hear was her yes.

“Sometimes you talk too much” Alaska breathed before crashing her lips down on Alex's. Alex pulled Alaska flush against his body all thoughts of Noah witnessing evaporating. He would take Alaska's initiated kiss as a yes. After a few moments of making out they separate for some needed air. They broke apart gasping.

“I'd love nothing more to get back together. We have a kid together. I want to make this work too.” Alaska whispered, each word she spoke caused her lips to brush against Alex's. Alex beamed with absolute happiness and pecked her once, twice, several times.

“Finally!” Noah whooped from behind the couple. Alex and Alaska sat up startled and faced Noah who was sniggering.

Alex chortled in amusement, “Maybe now that we have all of that settled you guys might move in with me?” Alaska smirked and patted Alex's arm affectionately.

“Baby steps, babe.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all who read, commented, and subscribed! It means the world to me. There will be an epilogue So look out for it! And if you love the characters of this story I will be writing a sequel.

[CLICK HERE!] Sleeping With Band Dudes Doesn't Make You Famous

^ That is the sequel! If I get ten comments on there I will post the first chapter. :D