The Sacrifice

Begining

A gust of shockingly cold wind swept through the house. It echoed through the corridors and wailed to me. A shiver was sent down my spine and I shuddered violently, wrapping up deeper inside my woolen quilt. I was alone, and the voices of loved ones repeated inside my compressed mind. My arms reached up for my iced ears, to cover them from both the cold and the voices. I rocked myself to and fro, hoping to gain oblivion. It wasn’t much to gain, but for what I had lost; it was worth it.

'The sound of children’s laughter filled my ears. But it wasn’t just any child’s; it was my own. My son, only seven years old, yearned for the adventure of what was unknown. Yet I was only 20; a young mother.
“Liam slow down” I called after him, when I slowly lost his silhouette in the darkened forest. I was frantic, so I was constantly tripping on stray branches; scarring my hands and knees. A piercing scream filled the evil woods; I picked up my pace, following the sound.
“Liam?” I shouted, but there was no reply. “Liam!” I screamed, my unease quivering down my bruised body. “No.” I whispered. “No, no, no!” Falling to my knees, I felt the cold earth hit me hard. My face turned to ice as I realized I was lying face down on the floor; all hope lost.
I lay there for a time I was not sure of. But I saw the dark slowly fade into a radiant sun filled sky. Leaves rustled nearby, but I didn’t care. My eyes did not flicker when I felt something brush my face.
“Get up.” I heard a voice growl. I was silent. I did not want to get up; I had nothing to get up too. “Now.” It sounded angered, but I ignored it again. “So be it. Die.” It whispered and walked away. I flinched at the words, but it was nothing to the pain I felt.
“Help me.” I squeaked, but the man had already gone.
I woke up to someone screaming, and it wasn’t till five minutes had passed that I realized it was me. My heart burned, I clutched it desperately, trying to pull it from its cage, it was not needed, all I needed was Liam. Liam…'

“No, no, no.” I yowled. “Wake up! It’s not real! Wake up!” I screeched to myself. My hands slapped my cheeks hard, leaving red prints. This was all a dream, it had too be, nothing could cause such hurt. But yet a found myself still sore, still red, not with Liam by my side. I screamed. Not with fear, but with frustration; anger. I leaped up and tore the wallpaper from the ancient walls. I clawed it, etching one word over and over again into the thin layer of paint left over on the wall.
Alone, alone, alone. Over and over again, each word overlapping another. I shrank to the floor, my desperation evaporating from me. My hope faded, whilst my shriveled body curled up on the floor.
“Alone, all alone, don't want to be alone, always alone.” I muttered, repeating myself. I could feel my sanity slipping away, but I did not try to grasp at it. Maybe without sanity, I wouldn’t be able to survive; this thought made me happy. “Alone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short, Im working on making things longer...
If its bad - please tell me.