The Sacrifice

Caught

'“Liam, don’t go too close to the edge.” I called. He was leaning over the edge of a cliff. He screamed as the rocks below him crumbled, towing him towards the abyss. “No!” I yelled, yanking his body too my side. “Don’t do that!” I shouted, pulling him to my chest, squeezing him tightly. “You can’t leave me, your all I’ve got.”
“Your all I’ve got too.” He said, squeezing me back.'

“Liam?” I rejoiced, scanning the room for him. He was absent. I realized, soon that it was a dream, Liam had gone, always will be gone. But I couldn’t help imagine him. Imagine his scent, and his stupid stubbornness. Things that I miss.
“Lavender. Come here.” A voice sounded. I shrank deeper into the corner, hiding from the lone voice. “Lavender, you can’t hide from me. I know all about you. How you’ve been hiding for months, hoping they wouldn’t catch you. Well here’s a fact, they know where you are.” He chuckled deeply to himself. He strode into the wide room and saw me almost straight away. I could here my heart in my head, pounding heavily. “Ah, Lavender. Here you are.” He grinned devilishly, and I felt a spasm of fear run through me like a bolt on full charge.
Without thinking I leapt into the air, trying to escape from the unknown man. But my legs disagreed with me. They turned underneath me, plummeting me to the floor. I cried out in shock as my face hit the floor hard. The blow was almost unbearable, but a stifled a screech in agony.
The man trampled over my stuff -wallpaper, quilt and bag- to get to me. I tried to crawl away but he gripped my ankle and pulled me towards him. I whimpered as he towed me underneath him, so he was towering over me. Releasing his grip on my foot, he reached with both hands to hold my wrists. He grasped them tightly, that it hurt. I bit my lip in pain, trying to overlook the new pain by causing a new one.
“Now, now, I’m not going to hurt you.” He let go of my right arm so he could use his hand so stroke my jaw. My eyes followed his hand until he reached my chin and forced me to look at him. I shifted my face slightly and bit him. He recoiled, a stern look replacing his before friendly face. “Well, I tried to be reasonable.” He said reaching into his jacket pocked. He revealed a white cloth with embroidery around the edges. He thrust it under my nose, forcing me to inhale the strong scent that was attached to it. I struggled to push it away, but it was too late, my awareness of the scene blurred then faded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again - really small.