Damned.

1 - Zeke

Zeke stared out the window, watching trees with red and brown leaves whiz by. He had been forced into the back seat; his mother and father sitting silently in the front.

"So, when are you guys going to tell me where we're going?" He asked curiously. The beautiful scenery was pleasant, but the question to their destination was eating at him.

His parents emitted a sigh. "No where, Ezekiel. We'll be there in a few minutes," his mother finally piped up.

He chewed at his lower lip. When his parents, or anybody for that matter, referred to him as Ezekiel, it wasn't good news. He glanced down at his cell phone and stared at his background. Of course, it was Amy's angelic face. She meant more than the world to him; she was perfect in every way, shape and form.

They had dated for three years before Zeke finally proposed. Even after three years they had still been madly in love, and it just seemed like the right thing to do. However, as soon as she slipped the engagement ring on, he started acting... strange.

He had to know where she was at all times. He had to make sure that she wasn't with some guy. He became obsessive. At first, she had dismissed it as nerves over the wedding the two had started planning. But as things continued, he got worse. He started stalking his own fiancée whenever she left their home. When she realized that he wasn't going to get better, she called off the wedding, in hopes that his behavior would stop.

However, much to Amy and Zeke's parents dismay, it only got worse from there. He started staking out her house, calling her and leaving her desperate pleas to come back to him. She was flustered; this was the man she had loved so dearly for three years, and now she was going to have to completely get rid of him?

Zeke's parents advised she get a Restraining Order, and after a few days of scrutinizing her options, Amy went to court and got her order.

This didn't stop Zeke though, oh no! He still found ways to watch her; to make sure that she was at least okay. He couldn't bear the thought of his perfect angel being harmed. But then again, who would want to hurt someone like Amy?

Zeke's parents were mortified by the sudden retrogression. As a child and his early teen years, Zeke had always found something to obsess over. Whether it be a teddy bear or toy, or a new best friend; there was always something. They had put him in therapy at fifteen, and after a year of going it seemed like he was cured. And it stayed like that for eight years - until Amy.

Now, Marie Kirner and Gary Kirner were running out of options. It was either go through another grueling process of therapy sessions, or just drop their son off and wait till he appeared, cured again. They chose the latter.

They passed a sign, which Zeke only glanced at, which read Ashworth Hospital 12 miles. Zeke didn't think anything of it, and so the car ride remained silent.

When Gary turned onto another road, still following the signs to the mentioned hospital, Zeke's stomach started turning. Were they going to a hospital? What for? Was there something wrong with his parents?

Of course, the idea of being institutionalized because of his obsession with Amy never came to mind.

"Are we going to a hospital?" He finally questioned.

"Yes, Zeke, we are," his father responded.

Zeke raised an eyebrow. "What for?"

Another chorus of sighs. "You'll find out when we get there, okay?" His mother replied, a sullen look on her face.

Soon enough they were pulling into a makeshift parking lot. The hospital was surrounded by a link-wired fence with barbed wire strung across the top. It made Zeke shiver as he stepped out of the car. The actual building didn't look to bad. It looked like it may have been renovated, because there was no way a place in this area was new.

Zeke followed his parents to the door, where a man in an all-white uniform stood inside, waiting.

"Hello, Mister and Missus..." He said pleasantly, awaiting for their names.

"Kirner," Gary said and held his hand out for a good shake.

"Ah, Kirner. That name does sound familiar; why are you here at Ashworth Mental Hospital?" He inquired, walking behind a desk with stacks of paperwork and a computer.

"We're here to admit our son, Ezekiel." Marie finally answered, tears forming in her eyes. Never in a million years did she think she'd ever have to place her child, her baby boy, in a mental hospitals with psychos.

Zeke's eyes widened and he glared at his parents. "What the fuck?!" He exclaimed, his body pulsing with rage.

The man in white widened his eyes and mumbled a few words into radio. "Zeke, it's only for your own good!" Gary said firmly. "You have an addiction to Amy, and it needs to stop. The poor girl needs a life."

"But she's my life!" He exclaimed.

"She was the one who wanted you to get help. She recommended this place to us," his mother said, matter-of-factly.

Zeke shook his head and entwined his hands in his hair. "No, no she didn't! She loves me too, just like I love her. She'd never send me away. Ever." He looked back up to his parents, "you did this, didn't you? You brainwashed her into thinking that I am some crazy person!"

Just as Zeke yelled his final word, two other men walked up behind him and stuck a syringe into his arm, releasing a chemical to sedate him.

Marie let out a small sob and stuffed her face into her husband's chest. As if leaving him at a random place was bad enough, she had to see her son get sedated because of his outrage.

Zeke was carried away once his limbs had gone numb and he was relaxed.

Back in the lobby, Marie was still crying into Gary's chest. "Shh, honey, but it's for his own good." He reminded her.

"I know it is," she sighed and wiped away a tear from under her eye. "It's just hard since I don't know how long he'll be in there."

The man behind the desk let out a sympathetic sigh. "I'm so sorry about that. When patients get out of line they either get restrained or sedated; very sorry you had to see that." He stated. "However, did you already fill out his paperwork," he lifted up a packet stapled together, "looks like this."

The man squinted for a moment before nodding. "Yes, we did all the paperwork already."

The man in white smiled.

"Oh, good. That means you guys can run off and know that your son is in very safe hands."
♠ ♠ ♠
Zeke's little introduction. c:
Comments? (: